Spaces dissapearing from chat messages

Has anyone else ever run into this?

Sometimes I'll do the following:

- Type out a message.

- Double check that all the spaces are in it.

- Post the message.

- Sure enough multiple spaces are missing from the message I just typed.

I think it might have to do with hitting backspace but it's really annoying.

GIF link

I'm running on MacOS.

Edited by charrondev
Typo

I'm on MacOS and I've been noticing this too. It wasn't like this before the Sinnoh update, but I also don't use backspace that much so idk if it's that.

Also, if I ever type a message and have to click back into the message to restart typing/fix a typo, it automatically places the cursor within the first 10-15 characters of the message and doesn't let me click any further right within the message. I have to click and drag all the way to the right side of my screen to get it highlighted/selected. Not sure if this is also something others are experiencing as well.

6 hours ago, SmolSpartan said:

I have to click and drag all the way to the right side of my screen to get it highlighted/selected. Not sure if this is also something others are experiencing as well.

I've had this happen too. Text editing in general seems to be some custom implementation which is likely the cause of issues like this. Standard keyboard shortcuts don't work (and haven't ever worked since I started playing) like select all, delete line, etc.

To be honest the spaces thing is the most annoying part though, because there doesn't seem to be a workaround. I just look like I'm barely literate in English.

1 hour ago, charrondev said:

To be honest the spaces thing is the most annoying part though, because there doesn't seem to be a workaround. I just look like I'm barely literate in English.

Interesting thing is that people not on Macs can see the spaces. I corrected a "lack of space" and my friend just thought I was being dumb. Guess it's just something we have to deal with.

22 hours ago, SmolSpartan said:

Interesting thing is that people not on Macs can see the spaces. I corrected a "lack of space" and my friend just thought I was being dumb. Guess it's just something we have to deal with.

Ah OK. That actually makes me feel a lot better about it. As long as other people don't see my crazy run on words.