Johto

6 hours ago, BowieSwift said:

Time to put your guesses in as to when johto will arrive :P

Hopefully tomorrow, probably in 3/4 years

4 hours ago, LifeStyleNORE said:

Adds nothing to the game so hopefully, never

Kalos when

Why certain people have even the right to speak or vote?

3 hours ago, BowieSwift said:

Underground & dungeons could be fun, if they don't do this stupid link thing 

Well, Let's just wait and see, is the only this that we have to do, and men, to be honest, don't expect Johto so Early, try to have fun in sinnoh, is such a great region

42 minutes ago, Kyu said:

I feel like we'll need at least a year to be interested in doing another region. There's an alarming amount of "not yet implemented" within the current ones, as well as gameplay polish which needs addressed for non-regional content (PvP Seasons, etc.)

Please make mining available randomly along caves and mountain slopes in all regions, the underground itself is an empty and uninteresting place, it would be more fun to have to look for points to mine along all maps. Thx for this game <3

6 hours ago, AslanIm said:

Well, Let's just wait and see, is the only this that we have to do, and men, to be honest, don't expect Johto so Early, try to have fun in sinnoh, is such a great region

I'm not expecting it, just looking for people's estimates. But not a fan of Sinnoh at all.

4 hours ago, Kyu said:

I feel like we'll need at least a year to be interested in doing another region. There's an alarming amount of "not yet implemented" within the current ones, as well as gameplay polish which needs addressed for non-regional content (PvP Seasons, etc.)

bring back devlogs they were fun to read

9 hours ago, Kyu said:

exactly what the game needs right now ^^

• 5 months later...
On 1/29/2020 at 3:03 AM, Kyu said:

1 year (2021) for the Johto region? Are you kidding me? "There's an alarming amount of not yet implemented within the current ones" ... one thing is the battle zone in Hoenn or Sinnoh but who cares. Another thing is in the Unova region the area "black city" which isn't avaiable yet. Ok this in in my eyes a no go so yea you should add this but the rest are mini events or other uninteresting contents. I really hope that you guy will add the Johto region much sooner as next year (or later). It's one of the best region (just for me and maybe many more). Just do us this favour.

9 hours ago, Vrenrik said:

1 year (2021) for the Johto region? Are you kidding me? "There's an alarming amount of not yet implemented within the current ones" ... one thing is the battle zone in Hoenn or Sinnoh but who cares. Another thing is in the Unova region the area "black city" which isn't avaiable yet. Ok this in in my eyes a no go so yea you should add this but the rest are mini events or other uninteresting contents. I really hope that you guy will add the Johto region much sooner as next year (or later). It's one of the best region (just for me and maybe many more). Just do us this favour.

can take til 2025 if we get hidden abilities and dungeons in the meantime. Last thing we need is another regions, only group of players who prefer that would be storyline nabs who quit after it anyways and dont provide anything for the game

Edited by Quakkz

Generally there's a 2-3 year gap per region. 
so i wouldn't be expecting another one anytime soon. 
i think 

On 1/29/2020 at 1:03 PM, Kyu said:

^ said everything.

At least a year to even be considering another region to have enough interest in adding, while ensuring survival & continued support via the player-base.
while the main focus right now seems to be polishing the game-play like the upcoming update, PvP focused & the amount of "not yet implemented" seems to be the highest priority right now. 

3 hours ago, Kupokun said:

Generally there's a 2-3 year gap per region. 
so i wouldn't be expecting another one anytime soon. 
i think 

^ said everything.

At least a year to even be considering another region to have enough interest in adding, while ensuring survival & continued support via the player-base.
while the main focus right now seems to be polishing the game-play like the upcoming update, PvP focused & the amount of "not yet implemented" seems to be the highest priority right now. 

Not to mention that the Johto region will be significantly more difficult to implement here than one would think. PokeMMO has traditionally (to my understanding anyways) obtained most of the assets like NPCs, Maps, Storyline, Tilesets, etc from the ROM Files that we are required to download to even access whichever region we were trying to access.

Johto includes a future-version of Kanto in every game that featured Johto (Gold, Silver, Crystal, Heartgold, Soulsilver) - There's going to need to be an addition step there when the region DOES go into development in the future.

9 minutes ago, Gawerty said:

Not to mention that the Johto region will be significantly more difficult to implement here than one would think. PokeMMO has traditionally (to my understanding anyways) obtained most of the assets like NPCs, Maps, Storyline, Tilesets, etc from the ROM Files that we are required to download to even access whichever region we were trying to access.

Johto includes a future-version of Kanto in every game that featured Johto (Gold, Silver, Crystal, Heartgold, Soulsilver) - There's going to need to be an addition step there when the region DOES go into development in the future.

Let's not forget it's pretty limited on Dev Staff too, so it's going to take some time before reaching that point. 
from my understanding, it's been in the back-burner for quite some time. 
Can't wait to see what the MMO staff bring in future, truly.