increasing Team Member Limit

MathewMat

Question

You took the words right out of my mouth.

I recently started to try and figure out the best way to make a second team to hold more members and there simply isn't a plausible way to do it. I tried before when I ran FiRe and it did not go near as well as we would have hoped. I ended up with 3 FiRe team variations and it was a complete mess.

Looking at it from a few angles, as a team leader.

Alts - It's inevitable that at least a few people will want to put their alts in your team. When you're a new team this isn't really a problem, but eventually you'll have to start removing alts to make room for mains. This causes those who play on alts to feel left out of their team, whether it's missing the social interaction or being unaware of giveaways or events. You could argue that there are connecting social platforms like discord to fill the gap, but not everyone uses discord or some people play on mobile and find it tedious to always switch back and forth. It's also just not reasonable to imagine the team chat will be copied to discord, or be anywhere close to the same social interaction. Moving people outside of the game just goes against the idea of having a team/chat to begin with ingame.

Sister Team / Sub Team / Team II - While it would work to simply make another team to hold more people, it presents a whole new set of problems.

• Team Staff - Having to create, or move existing, team staff to moderate/control the second team presents the same scenario as not being in the team for players on both sides. People in both teams might feel like they're being left out of important social/event/etc of the other team. This also presents a whole new challenge of making sure both teams are being led the same way. Communication is difficult within the game, between team staff members and leaders.
  • Main Vs Sub Team - This scenario would also create an inevitable division between people who are on the same team. Those in the "main" team will not get to know those in the "sub" team and vice versa. How do you decide who goes where? I can see a few scenarios where this might present a hidden fun aspect (detailed later), but ultimately you will have jealousy/rivalry between the two.

I have more to add, but have to leave this for now. I will come back and add to it.

A few notes on the positives that can be created as the result of having to have more than one team to fit all your members.

Multiple teams can create a fun environment within team events, such as pvp tournaments or catching contests. This creates a sort of "red shirt vs blue shirt" scenario.

Multiple teams can also let you accommodate things like PG13 environment vs adult environment, or #filtered vs #nofilter type chats.

Multiple teams can let your specific teams focus on pve vs pvp content, with events separated and exclusive to each team.

In conclusion: While I agree that the player limit of 150 has always seemed very small for larger teams who turn it into something more than an extra chat, I think asking for one step further isn't out of the question. With or without the player limits being increased, how about adding the ability for teams to share a team chat? I'm not talking about any team sharing chat with any other team. I'm talking about letting an existing team create another team from it's own team menu that would have a linked chat system. To be clear, if this isn't possible I would still love to see the current team member limit raised to at least 300 people.

I would also not be against the option to buy a gift shop item that increased team member limit. I know most people would like it to be a free upgrade, but I wouldn't have a problem supporting the game in exchange for a quality of life improvement.

Edited by Kole
Added gift shop upgrade bit
38 minutes ago, Kole said:

I would also not be against the option to buy a gift shop item that increased team member limit. I know most people would like it to be a free upgrade, but I wouldn't have a problem supporting the game in exchange for a quality of life improvement.

Yes I agree with this the teams that do want increased team member list could pay for a ticket this benefits that team and it supports the game would not mind donating for this even if I donate a lot I would not mind 

Edited by MathewMat

100% Agree there should be some way or just standard to have a larger team size. The current work arounds to the issue as mentioned before just really don't work the greatest and the best option would be if we could somehow increase the overall cap in the team. Some newer players or old returning players dont experience teams because most of the active ones that have been around for awhile are filled with active players and to no fault of their own can't invite any more players. But having experienced players in a team with new players is such a great benefit for the community! Hope we can see this changed in the future!

TheEternalVoid

Team ZomB

Looking through the current live suggestion threads, it looks like increasing team limit size is top 3 out of 1100+ suggestions.

It's pretty clear that the community wants a team rework. There are so many great suggestions that could turn the team aspect of Pokemmo into an amazing experience, well beyond what it is now. The votes are coming fast in such few days, it won't be long until we break 100. Give it some support, let's get started giving the team area some much needed attention.

Other very popular community voted threads also include team related requests:

Currently dwarfed only by the greatest suggestion of all time:

Edited by Kole
10 hours ago, Kole said:

Looking through the current live suggestion threads, it looks like increasing team limit size is top 3 out of 1100+ suggestions.

It's pretty clear that the community wants a team rework. There are so many great suggestions that could turn the team aspect of Pokemmo into an amazing experience, well beyond what it is now. The votes are coming fast in such few days, it won't be long until we break 100. Give it some support, let's get started giving the team area some much needed attention.

Other very popular community voted threads also include team related requests:

Currently dwarfed only by the greatest suggestion of all time:

well it's not to hard to get votes, when you legit ask your entire team to come vote right? 

back on topic, I'm not against, but I also feel that a team isn't meant to hold every stranger on the internet, so I'm pretty neutral about it.

Your viewpoint is understandable.

Some teams are large because there is a lot going on inside and a lot of people want to be a part of that. This isn't about numbers, or some kind of "look how many I have", because in that regard there is no competition or anyone to show off to, no one cares. If it were the case where we had teams full of a bunch of inactive players, creating another team for that would be no problem. A lot of MMOs have much higher team member limits and many leaders have led much larger successful teams than 150 people. It's not asking for much, it wouldn't have any negative impact on other players or the game and it would certainly go a long way towards letting the community grow in the long run.

Large active teams give nothing but positive interactions towards the game. It creates long-lasting players and friendships. It promotes expansion from a single player mentality to an mmo mentality. It gets more players involved in the forum, clubs and events outside of what we offer within team. Many new players get their start in a large team and outgrow it, eventually spreading out and creating their own teams while taking what they learned with them. The community wants to expand, let it expand.

I welcome any legitimate arguments against any of what has been said here and the entire topic.

3 hours ago, Kole said:

Your viewpoint is understandable.

Some teams are large because there is a lot going on inside and a lot of people want to be a part of that. This isn't about numbers, or some kind of "look how many I have", because in that regard there is no competition or anyone to show off to, no one cares. If it were the case where we had teams full of a bunch of inactive players, creating another team for that would be no problem. A lot of MMOs have much higher team member limits and many leaders have led much larger successful teams than 150 people. It's not asking for much, it wouldn't have any negative impact on other players or the game and it would certainly go a long way towards letting the community grow in the long run.

Large active teams give nothing but positive interactions towards the game. It creates long-lasting players and friendships. It promotes expansion from a single player mentality to an mmo mentality. It gets more players involved in the forum, clubs and events outside of what we offer within team. Many new players get their start in a large team and outgrow it, eventually spreading out and creating their own teams while taking what they learned with them. The community wants to expand, let it expand.

I welcome any legitimate arguments against any of what has been said here and the entire topic.

I agree with what you said, I just feel like it kinda removes the feeling of a team, you really dont get to know the members as they're simply so many.

Maybe make it a 'quest' or a RP item anyone in the team can contribute to, like donate to some guild bank, to help buying it. Something that encourages guild gameplay, especially since there's simply so many on those guilds I guess.

5 hours ago, razimove said:

I agree with what you said, I just feel like it kinda removes the feeling of a team, you really dont get to know the members as they're simply so many.

Maybe make it a 'quest' or a RP item anyone in the team can contribute to, like donate to some guild bank, to help buying it. Something that encourages guild gameplay, especially since there's simply so many on those guilds I guess.

I second both viewpoints, happy for either one. 
a very simple update could fix this. 
if they want to go the extra mile to make it a quest/Gift shop item then that’ll give the teams more meaning to encourage motivation to upgrade member limits etc. 

really hope it gets somewhere. 
good luck nonetheless. 

56 minutes ago, Johnwaynee said:

+1

our team is always on the border, too. Member getting kicked after 1month inactivity to allow new member to join. iam in my team since 2015 but have been kicked several times because of this. :(

a proper team that properly values their members wont do this however, this is just a pretty good example of poor leadership and management. If slots is a problem, extend to another teams, why does everyone have to fit under the same umbrella? Make team1, team2, and so on.

24 minutes ago, razimove said:

a proper team that properly values their members wont do this however, this is just a pretty good example of poor leadership and management. If slots is a problem, extend to another teams, why does everyone have to fit under the same umbrella? Make team1, team2, and so on.

You do realise that having more then 1 of the team would be a disaster waiting to happen? ^^
Yes it’s a cruel system for a team to be active, but trying to manage more the one of a team would be hell. Theres quite the mix of players unfortunately. 
hope this helps. 
asking for a member limit increase, really isn’t much to ask ^^

4 minutes ago, Kupokun said:

You do realise that having more then 1 of the team would be a disaster waiting to happen? ^^
Yes it’s a cruel system for a team to be active, but trying to manage more the one of a team would be hell. Theres quite the mix of players unfortunately. 
hope this helps. 
asking for a member limit increase, really isn’t much to ask ^^

It's not, you're allowed to have multiple accounts, you can legit lead multiple teams, and use discord as a sort of hive mind, which is what this sort of teams want to do anyway. Being much or not, it's not easy to say. But no, cruelty, and dispatching members, is kinda meh, if it was someone super inactive sure, but doenst seem like the case.

Edited by razimove