Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
gbwead

[PSL XII] Keep Baton Pass in LC edition - Playoffs Round 1

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Nawe said:

i mean, i talked at the first of this psl about trades, it should be a thing but it wasnt and its to late

also, i edited the other post, the player also didnt want to have any relation with that team so as its too late for make a transfer window, i dont see any problem with the release

I don't care about the release really I'm just using this as an opportunity to push trades

 

3 hours ago, gbwead said:

I think both parties want nothing to do with each other, so that's why I allowed the release.

This is clearly in dispute based on the last page worth of posts, which begs the question - is this a good system when it's so subjective and easy to misinterpret? Why not simplify it?

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Zhikodark said:

bla bla bla 

vs urquidi tomorrow ... 

What will happen when the mvp of the season faced the autistic player last season? Can I even take a pokemon? Many will earn or lose money? all this and more tomorrow don't miss it on ch4 and don't stop tuning in

Share this post


Link to post

I am hereby decreting my apologies to my completely unnecessary "huge fuck you post" to @calidubstep

I also apologize every other member of Pachirisus for seeing themselves involved, albeit indirectly, in this mess because of me.

I stand, however, by my side, about zekken´s "overwhelming stupidity" accusations on me, and all those who followed with it.

 

Enjoy the rest of the week everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Gunthug said:

This is clearly in dispute based on the last page worth of posts, which begs the question - is this a good system when it's so subjective and easy to misinterpret? Why not simplify it?

That's just people trash talking each other. The people actually affected by the release (Pachima, Cali and The Pretentious Pachirisus) did not express being in opposition to the release from what I can see.

Share this post


Link to post
42 minutes ago, gbwead said:

That's just people trash talking each other. The people actually affected by the release (Pachima, Cali and The Pretentious Pachirisus) did not express being in opposition to the release from what I can see.

So if both managers, both players, and both teams involved fail to express their opposition to a trade, would you allow it?

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

So if both managers, both players, and both teams involved fail to express their opposition to a trade, would you allow it?

trades have absolutely nothing to do with any of this

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Gunthug said:

So if both managers, both players, and both teams involved fail to express their opposition to a trade, would you allow it?

Keep on trying, i can see this going somewhere

Share this post


Link to post

First, I want to thank @gbwead for the opportunity to manage. Being a first timer, I definitely could have improved in multiple facets (player interactions for sure). I'm personally not satisfied with my work as I do believe our team could have performed much better, and that's something I am taking responsibility for. I want to apologize for not being as competent as I could have been during the season, though I do believe we were in an excellent position to steal this playoff week. Too little too late I suppose, but I will continue to strive to improve myself going forward. @isi1993, congrats on a well played week and best of luck in the playoffs!

 

I also want to take the time to celebrate and reward each player:

 

 @Ahpool- For your first time in PSL, you played well. You played to many situations where it seemed like a certain win, so as long as you continue to stay true to yourself, you'll be fine; you'll grow with experience. Nerves are natural for a first timer and this honestly proves that the only thing stopping you from being an elite player is yourself. You have a very unique style of play, and I thoroughly enjoyed scrims with you, best of luck going forward!!

-Shiny Charm (insta shiny for u jajaja)

 

@Brianatack7- I honestly wish I was able to give you more of an opportunity to shine. You opened the season a little shaky in scrims but bounced back to winning tour after tour and even defeating Luke in a week where none of us could win to save our lives. Had the format been any different (more than one person per tier), I'm sure you would have and will be playing in future PSLs. 

-OU comp of your choice (pm whatever you want that isn't rotom xd)

 

@AurumPegasus- A few individuals were saying you would've done better under any other manager, and so if I was keeping you from being great, I want to apologize to you. You're a great player, and I still believe that with the right level of motivation you could return to being one of the greatest players in the game; I just lament not being able to bring the best out of you. Even so, you took a win from sweet, which not many players can say they did this season, so there were glimpses, and I wish you the best of luck in future seasons!

-Scarf Bouffalant jajaja (pending breed)

 

@NagaX- A season riddled by unfortunate rolls, I truly believe that you played much better than what your record shows (anyone that watched the replays can confirm). What's important is that you stayed supportive even through my suboptimal decisions and I can't thank you enough for that. I'm certain you will have a bounceback PSL next season, I just hope it isn't against me should I decide to participate xd. 

-Dubs comp of your choice (again no rotom pls, but pm me whatever you want)

 

@Sebat- You basically kept me sane throughout the season. You took me into LORD when I was teamless, you picked me up when I was feeling down, and you even helped look over my trash Spanish essays.. I just wish I was able to put you in a better position to win matches, and so I must apologize for that. You are another player whose record doesn't come close to defining your skill level, and I'm sure you have an excellent season next PSL. (this year wasn't a total loss for us though, we brought home my first ever tt win so ilyy <3)

-Pm me whatever comp you want (p l s  n o  r o t o m)

 

@ZeknShooter- Definitely the biggest surprise of the team. You took down big name after big name and deviated your builds just frequently enough to keep opponents honest. One thing I won't stand for is the slander of your teammate pachima. I assure you that when his matches began, he played to the best of his abilities and played to win, regardless of what he said prior or after (if he needs to say things to stay true to himself, let him do so, because when all is said and done, he played just as hard as you did as much as he wants to hide it). Regardless, you still played an excellent season and surpassed many's expectations, so I want to thank you for your play.

-2,359,592 aka best OU money (already mailed)

 

@Getovaherez- You are an elite player in every tier and format as shown by your hof entries and I want to thank you for your performances in our team. I apologize for not being able to bring the best of your abilities out, and I personally believe that had I been a better leader, you would have certainly been in contention for the best player overall as you are definitely among the best. Despite this, you still played an excellent playoff match and brought us to a 2-2 tie in a week no one gave us a chance, so thank you so much!

-2,359,592 aka best overall money

 

@JasonSparrowX- You are a without a doubt the most promising player of our team. In just your second season, you surprised many with your exciting play. When many left our team for dead early in the season, you helped bring it back to life, and I want to commend you for always bringing your best to each and every week and I can only regret not playing you sooner. You have a great future ahead of you and I can guarantee you will be worth more than 4 credits next season xd.

- 2 NU/UU comps (pm me what you want) 

 

@pachima- I don't think I can add anything new to what I've already told you in private (for another time, I’m sorry for putting you through this horrible season. I only wish your talents and intellect could have been used better. I apologize for what I’ve done to you and not listening to you or trusting you and I’ll never forgive myself and it’ll never be enough; I’m sorry for ruining your experience in this game. You won’t forgive me and I won’t forgive myself either, it’ll just have to be something I live with and constantly lament going forward, so my deepest apologies.), but again, you are an elite talent with the ability to beat any player in any tier. I certainly did not manage this season anywhere close to perfect, and you have a right to be upset about it, but I promise I wasn't purposely acting to hurt you during the season (I'm just bad and that's completely my fault). I will always regret not being able to see what you envisioned for the team (I'm actually damn near legally blind without glasses or contacts so there's that lmao), and I can without a doubt ensure that you will go back to being a force to be reckoned with should you participate in future PSLs.

-Shiny pachirisu (Now hear me out: after 2 donator tickets, thousands of leppas, and 20+ shiny charms, I'm getting too poor to find an ot, but you can have the one I bought on Sinnoh release day and just pretend it's my ot jaja)

 

Cali- I will probably always regret not going perfect this season. Bad misplays and the stupidity of wanting to play while sick made me mad at the time, but it was definitely humbling. Stillllll got robbed of best lc but that's water under the bridge (until I make my own sig for it hehe).

Now regarding the less glamorous side of my performance ie managing, there honestly isn't anything I haven't covered. I didn't manage optimally by any means but still believe I brought it back together in time for the playoffs and do not believe we were an easy out by any means. I can openly admit to my faults and desire to improve should a future host allow me to manage again. 

 

Overall, while I regret what I could've done personally, I don't regret my draft and I don't regret the journey. I still love each and every one of my players and want to commend their efforts and wish them the best of luck in their future endeavors. Could I have done this in private? Sure. But I want future hosts/managers to see how gifted and talented this group of players really is; their records don't do them justice.

 

Soo thank you all, and if you don't mind, gonna go get shitfaced for my bday now :P

tenor.gif

Edited by calidubstep
Public apology

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/3/2020 at 6:19 PM, urquidi said:

What will happen when the mvp of the season faced the autistic player last season? Can I even take a pokemon? Many will earn or lose money? all this and more tomorrow don't miss it on ch4 and don't stop tuning in

vs urqui in 15

1.0

Edited by Zhikodark

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, calidubstep said:

First, I want to thank @gbwead for the opportunity to manage. Being a first timer, I definitely could have improved in multiple facets (player interactions for sure). I'm personally not satisfied with my work as I do believe our team could have performed much better, and that's something I am taking responsibility for. I want to apologize for not being as competent as I could have been during the season, though I do believe we were in an excellent position to steal this playoff week. Too little too late I suppose, but I will continue to strive to improve myself going forward. @isi1993, congrats on a well played week and best of luck in the playoffs!

 

I also want to take the time to celebrate and reward each player:

 

 @Ahpool- For your first time in PSL, you played well. You played to many situations where it seemed like a certain win, so as long as you continue to stay true to yourself, you'll be fine; you'll grow with experience. Nerves are natural for a first timer and this honestly proves that the only thing stopping you from being an elite player is yourself. You have a very unique style of play, and I thoroughly enjoyed scrims with you, best of luck going forward!!

-Shiny Charm (insta shiny for u jajaja)

 

@Brianatack7- I honestly wish I was able to give you more of an opportunity to shine. You opened the season a little shaky in scrims but bounced back to winning tour after tour and even defeating Luke in a week where none of us could win to save our lives. Had the format been any different (more than one person per tier), I'm sure you would have and will be playing in future PSLs. 

-OU comp of your choice (pm whatever you want that isn't rotom xd)

 

@AurumPegasus- A few individuals were saying you would've done better under any other manager, and so if I was keeping you from being great, I want to apologize to you. You're a great player, and I still believe that with the right level of motivation you could return to being one of the greatest players in the game; I just lament not being able to bring the best out of you. Even so, you took a win from sweet, which not many players can say they did this season, so there were glimpses, and I wish you the best of luck in future seasons!

-Scarf Bouffalant jajaja (pending breed)

 

@NagaX- A season riddled by unfortunate rolls, I truly believe that you played much better than what your record shows (anyone that watched the replays can confirm). What's important is that you stayed supportive even through my suboptimal decisions and I can't thank you enough for that. I'm certain you will have a bounceback PSL next season, I just hope it isn't against me should I decide to participate xd. 

-Dubs comp of your choice (again no rotom pls, but pm me whatever you want)

 

@Sebat- You basically kept me sane throughout the season. You took me into LORD when I was teamless, you picked me up when I was feeling down, and you even helped look over my trash Spanish essays.. I just wish I was able to put you in a better position to win matches, and so I must apologize for that. You are another player whose record doesn't come close to defining your skill level, and I'm sure you have an excellent season next PSL. (this year wasn't a total loss for us though, we brought home my first ever tt win so ilyy <3)

-Pm me whatever comp you want (p l s  n o  r o t o m)

 

@ZeknShooter- Definitely the biggest surprise of the team. You took down big name after big name and deviated your builds just frequently enough to keep opponents honest. One thing I won't stand for is the slander of your teammate pachima. I assure you that when his matches began, he played to the best of his abilities and played to win, regardless of what he said prior or after (if he needs to say things to stay true to himself, let him do so, because when all is said and done, he played just as hard as you did as much as he wants to hide it). Regardless, you still played an excellent season and surpassed many's expectations, so I want to thank you for your play.

-2,359,592 aka best OU money (already mailed)

 

@Getovaherez- You are an elite player in every tier and format as shown by your hof entries and I want to thank you for your performances in our team. I apologize for not being able to bring the best of your abilities out, and I personally believe that had I been a better leader, you would have certainly been in contention for the best player overall as you are definitely among the best. Despite this, you still played an excellent playoff match and brought us to a 2-2 tie in a week no one gave us a chance, so thank you so much!

-2,359,592 aka best overall money

 

@JasonSparrowX- You are a without a doubt the most promising player of our team. In just your second season, you surprised many with your exciting play. When many left our team for dead early in the season, you helped bring it back to life, and I want to commend you for always bringing your best to each and every week and I can only regret not playing you sooner. You have a great future ahead of you and I can guarantee you will be worth more than 4 credits next season xd.

- 2 NU/UU comps (pm me what you want) 

 

@pachima- I don't think I can add anything new to what I've already told you in private (for another time, I’m sorry for putting you through this horrible season. I only wish your talents and intellect could have been used better. I apologize for what I’ve done to you and not listening to you or trusting you and I’ll never forgive myself and it’ll never be enough; I’m sorry for ruining your experience in this game. You won’t forgive me and I won’t forgive myself either, it’ll just have to be something I live with and constantly lament going forward, so my deepest apologies.), but again, you are an elite talent with the ability to beat any player in any tier. I certainly did not manage this season anywhere close to perfect, and you have a right to be upset about it, but I promise I wasn't purposely acting to hurt you during the season (I'm just bad and that's completely my fault). I will always regret not being able to see what you envisioned for the team (I'm actually damn near legally blind without glasses or contacts so there's that lmao), and I can without a doubt ensure that you will go back to being a force to be reckoned with should you participate in future PSLs.

-Shiny pachirisu (Now hear me out: after 2 donator tickets, thousands of leppas, and 20+ shiny charms, I'm getting too poor to find an ot, but you can have the one I bought on Sinnoh release day and just pretend it's my ot jaja)

 

Cali- I will probably always regret not going perfect this season. Bad misplays and the stupidity of wanting to play while sick made me mad at the time, but it was definitely humbling. Stillllll got robbed of best lc but that's water under the bridge (until I make my own sig for it hehe).

Now regarding the less glamorous side of my performance ie managing, there honestly isn't anything I haven't covered. I didn't manage optimally by any means but still believe I brought it back together in time for the playoffs and do not believe we were an easy out by any means. I can openly admit to my faults and desire to improve should a future host allow me to manage again. 

 

Overall, while I regret what I could've done personally, I don't regret my draft and I don't regret the journey. I still love each and every one of my players and want to commend their efforts and wish them the best of luck in their future endeavors. Could I have done this in private? Sure. But I want future hosts/managers to see how gifted and talented this group of players really is; their records don't do them justice.

 

Soo thank you all, and if you don't mind, gonna go get shitfaced for my bday now :P

tenor.gif

Don’t worry, no one in the world will always win, the important thing is whether the process is happy

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, yosoyarca said:

Stelian Coward, stop dodging Don't be afraid

 

CAGON CAGON

a

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.