Automated Betting System

SmokEm

Question

If its you're first time in this thread please read this

• Too hard to implement. How do you even know?
  • The devs have better things to work on. Of course, the game is still in alpha and this is just a suggestion. I would rather them much finish the game first.
  • Already been suggested. I searched and found nothing as in-depth I'm about to suggest. (I really only found threads saying there were threads about it but I couldn't find those.)
  • Grieving/cheaters. Yea, I don't know either. I assume with the in-game tournament system there will be ways to force clauses onto players so they can't break them.
  • In-game tournament system? https://forums.pokem...ng/#entry123189
  • I don't want to bet Pokemon to duel. Go back to Viridian Ch. 1

Intro

Being the competitive person that I am I was thinking of ways to spice up the game to make it more interesting. As it is now, I really hardly play the game. There are better ways to competitive battle and there is really no incentive to play. My suggestion would keep players wanting to play. If you're a very good battler then you would probably spend most of your time dueling players and taking their Pokemon, but if you're mediocre and you lose a lot it would keep you playing by trying to get more and more bet worthy Pokemon.

The System

Add 2 new NPC into the game, maybe somewhere in Indigo Plateau so you have to have at least 8 badges to bet. One NPC would be to start a challenge and the other NPC would be to search for challenges that other people have posted. You could wager up to 6 Pokemon. Say someone bets a shiny Charizard, someone could then challenge them with up to 6 rare shinies to try and make the rarity even. The person who placed the challenge can always decline if they feel the opponents wager isn't good enough. Upon recieving a challenge you would be notified in-game and you would have to go to the Indigo Plateau to accept/decline. If you're offline for more than 5 minutes your posted challenge will automatically be removed.

Some Mock Up Pictures

CQCze.png

M56Fv.png

(Ty Evesa)

h7PpW.png-Sleep clause

up1qn.png-Species Clause

ELJ1r.png-Item Clause

0droA.pngytL6b.pngkyeKU.pngfZXq4.png

X5n26.png offline

20 answers to this question

SmokEm you should add one more thing to this suggestion to make it "non abusable" (yep, that's a word I created...) :3

- You cannot wager Pokemon like Hitmonlee, Kabuto and etc because people could then abuse this system by losing to their alternate account and then automatically get the "level 50 cap" Pokemon to their main account <<

[quote name='Squall' timestamp='1358184066' post='162733']
- You cannot wager Pokemon like Hitmonlee, [s]Kabuto[/s] and etc because people could then abuse this system by losing to their alternate account and then automatically get the "level 50 cap" Pokemon to their main account <<
[/quote]

I think we'd have breeding before anything superfluous like this got added, so the level restrictions will be a thing of the past.

[quote name='Squall' timestamp='1358184066' post='162733']
SmokEm you should add one more thing to this suggestion to make it "non abusable" (yep, that's a word I created...) :3

- You cannot wager Pokemon like Hitmonlee, Kabuto and etc because people could then abuse this system by losing to their alternate account and then automatically get the "level 50 cap" Pokemon to their main account <<
[/quote]
I would still allow them to be wagered but only after they are level 50.

[quote name='Atuan' timestamp='1358197568' post='162908']
I think we'd have breeding before anything superfluous like this got added, so the level restrictions will be a thing of the past.
[/quote]
Also this, unless they put some restrictions on to stop your from breeding these pokémon, although that seems to be abit far fetched.

i support this under 1 condition some people might bail out of the wager because just like in trade people block other people because of a fishy trade or they pretend to have a lucky egg which they really don't have one. could work but always look at the other side of it

I would see a lot of people about to lose then rage logging out so they dont lose, or people who game crashes yet lose there stuff, or someone has to afk for 5 mins and loses the battle or delayers.

I dont like this idea at all :/