Please bring baton pass back

Grisaia

Question

Hey. Although I've been away from PokeMMO for a good while, I still really like the game and greatly appreciate the devs' work on it, I truly believe its impressive. Having that said, I also believe that one of the things that make PokeMMO and any MMORPG and open-world game great is the freedom you have to do whatever the hell you want to with your character (of course, as long as you dont break the rules), and I think the recent change in Baton Pass is simply erasing content. I know most people there probably dislike Baton Pass and the competitive aspects behind it, and I can understand perfectly why it was banned for so long. However, there are still these who enjoyed toying around with the mechanic in casual games (me included) and it's a lot of fun.

I seriously don't understand why you guys are so obsessed with keeping everything playable in competitive / official tournaments - PokeMMO has more to offer than that, not everyone likes to play by the official tier rules, and I believe nobody should be forced to.

2 answers to this question

I agree with OP because by removing the effects of Baton Pass you are making E4 runs less viable. By doing this you're restricting players in the ways they can make money and in a sense erasing content since the E4 now is so unviable. I think its important to have variety in any game especially an MMO and now the only consistent way of making money in-game (not providing a service) is gym rebattles.

I personally don't mind the competitive implications of the current Baton Pass since PokeMMO has always had a slightly different meta to the norm. I don't mind seeing shake-ups however I know some people who do dislike this from a competitive standpoint. Regardless, from my perspective the baton pass changes are a step backwards