Why was the Daycare nerfed?

I don't think I can think of a reason why they had to nerf the Daycare from 60% experience gain to 20%.

I'm trying to raise a Torkoal to level 100 for gym my farming team and he's so slow that farming EXP. from trainers means you'll always get hit first which makes the whole thing much more time consuming than it already is.

Why was the Daycare nerf necessary? What can users exploit too easily by having the 60% experience gain implemented?

I'm pleased with the Sinnoh expansion but this seems unnecessary and a little infuriating.

Exp share doesn't create experience though, it splits experience you are already getting amongst holders of the exp share.  You also sacrifice a slot(or more) in your party to take advantage of it. If you use both daycare slots(or all 3 if in kanto), you are creating 40-60% more experience than you would otherwise be getting which is pretty close to being as much as an exp share would give to the pokemon not actually battling. 

1 hour ago, Munya said:

Exp share doesn't create experience though, it splits experience you are already getting amongst holders of the exp share.  You also sacrifice a slot(or more) in your party to take advantage of it. If you use both daycare slots(or all 3 if in kanto), you are creating 40-60% more experience than you would otherwise be getting which is pretty close to being as much as an exp share would give to the pokemon not actually battling. 

Wait, we can put exp share on daycare poke and still gives EXP while we're battling npc/hording??

1 hour ago, Munya said:

You are creating experience, but you are paying a very high price for it, which I personally agree with. I can't think of how nerfing the Daycare balances anything. It just helps burn through the hassle of training a Pokémon to level 100.

55 minutes ago, Popolocrois said:

Wait, we can put exp share on daycare poke and still gives EXP while we're battling npc/hording??

No, pokemon in the daycare will not receive extra experience while holding an exp share if that is what you are asking.