2. unzip the client to a folder named 'PokeMMO-Client'

3. add the roms

4. open a terminal and type

cd Desktop/PokeMMO-Client
sh PokeMMO.sh

try and report back~

Edited by axx
works on unix, changed folder name

It opened but to reopen it after closed i need to do the same process over and over since there's not a launcher in the folder, so I just have to launch it from the terminal every time I want to play, right? Also for the ones who want to try, since the folder's name is PokeMMO-Client you should write cd Desktop/PokeMMO-Client in the terminal.

Anyway I have another clue. I have dowloaded the normal client and not the portable one, I went in Library/Application Support/PokeMMO and deleted the PokeMMO.exe file. When you try to open the game it finds out that a file is missing, redowloads it and lets you play but to open the game in another moment after closed you need to do the same process also in this case. So I guess there's not a real solution at the moment.

2 minutes ago, Desaa said:

Anyway I have another clue. I have dowloaded the normal client and not the portable one, I went in Library/Application Support/PokeMMO and deleted the PokeMMO.exe file. When you try to open the game it finds out that a file is missing, redowloads it and lets you play but to open the game in another moment after closed you need to do the same process also in this case. So I guess there's not a real solution at the moment.

very helpful my friend. awaiting for devs solution rn. might as well try your way to play

Yes, you have to open it using the terminal every time.

Also, depending on the unzip app you might end up with a bunch of single files so in that case the folder name would be different.

In any case, glad to hear you got it working.

Edited by axx
4 minutes ago, zkj9957 said:

very helpful my friend. awaiting for devs solution rn. might as well try your way to play

Well, let me know if it works for you too or if you find other clues.

3 minutes ago, axx said:

Yes, you have to open it using the terminal every time.

Also, depending on the unzip app you might end up with a bunch of single files so in that case the folder name would be different.

In any case, glad to hear you got it working.

Also thank you for the help.

3 minutes ago, FlareBlitzz said:

I can't open it too on my mac..

Try this

32 minutes ago, axx said:

I don't have access to a mac rn to test, but you should be able to:

1. download the portable client to 'Desktop'

2. unzip the client to a folder named 'PokeMMO-Client'

3. add the roms

4. open a terminal and type

cd Desktop/PokeMMO-Client
sh PokeMMO.sh

try and report back~

or this

14 minutes ago, Desaa said:

for the moment and let us know if it works for you too, it surely helps.

Just now, Popolocrois said:

Hello there, thanks for the info IT is there

next process like this?

Screen Shot 2020-01-22 at 9.29.04 PM.png

yea. the strings would be reset tho. will be fine if u have english as first language. one more thing is that you cant load mods with this solution. besides of these you will be fine

1 minute ago, TheBirdLord said:

I can't see your picture (I apparently don't have permission to see it?), but great that they know it's an issue and are fixing it :D Also, I was kinda bummed out from how the PTS was Windows only...

actually its fixed already. you need to first delete the pokemmo folder under application support  and install the new dmg file