Sweet scent PP usage

So I don't know if this has been discussed before but I have two Pokemon in my team with sweet scent, but when I use it once (in the wild) the PP drops for both Pokemon . Is this intended or is it a glitch? I'm a retro Pokemon gamer and Gen 3 is alien to me, I wouldn't know if this happened in the real game.

Edited by cappichan
9 hours ago, Archiver said:

It's intended. It stops people from using 6 pokemons with Sweet Scent to farm.

Which confuses me (I'm not OP, but I had also noticed). Like, what's the deal with using several Pokémon to farm or just letting you consume only 1 PP each time? It makes EV training mind-numbingly boring even with hordes.

I presume your question is "Why doesn't it work this way?"

The short answer is to make shiny hunting harder, which helps mitigate inflation and the fall in value of shinies.

PokeMMO's economy has been fairly poor for a long time because of how quickly the currency inflates. Having more money sinks in the game is important to help slow this inflation.

The Sweet Scent mechanic creates an economy for Leppa berries, the farming of which costs money (harvesting tools). This allows people to sell them for a profit or use them themselves to hunt shinies or EV train more easily. It's the same reason for why breeding is the way it is; money sink to help the economy.

1 hour ago, GhostOfMacbeth said:

Which confuses me (I'm not OP, but I had also noticed). Like, what's the deal with using several Pokémon to farm or just letting you consume only 1 PP each time? It makes EV training mind-numbingly boring even with hordes.

yes it would help with faster ev training i agree with you but because economic reasons this is intended

18 hours ago, cappichan said:

So I don't know if this has been discussed before but I have two Pokemon in my team with sweet scent, but when I use it once (in the wild) the PP drops for both Pokemon . Is this intended or is it a glitch? I'm a retro Pokemon gamer and Gen 3 is alien to me, I wouldn't know if this happened in the real game.

Yes I got The same Thing. But I don't think that this is a Glitch.

It is made to play long and hunt long.