Is Platinum a myth?

3 hours ago, matetocol said:

The devs are working on it, just takes a very long time. I imagine the underground zone might be difficult to implement. Also in the last pts the sprites and camera zoom were kinda broken

If you really think we'll have the underground zone with the 1st Sinnoh update, you might still believe in santa

I like that people here are rational and polite, and tend to defend the devs even after sinnoh has been announced 1 year ago. But, come on, there is a limit. The problem is not that sinnoh hasn't been added yet, but that our community is being absolutely neglected. 

The game is absolutely static, we didn't even get a christmas event, and what do the devs say? Sinnoh is coming soon. Yeah it has been coming soon for a year. I think us players at least deserve some news or updates of some kind, but sinnoh's announcement has been deleted too, rising even more doubts.

14 minutes ago, richardbenzina said:

we didn't even get a christmas event, and what do the devs say? Sinnoh is coming soon.

I'm pretty sure they didn't even bother to officially say anything about why xmas didn't come this year. This was just the assumed reason.

The xmas event started by accident last year and players were able to go into the event and start farming before they even noticed it happened. I'm not a dev or anything, but I feel like it wouldn't have taken much time to slap together last year's event with some new already programed xmas items, for example the green xmas stocking item we saw as a bug during this year's Halloween event

Spoiler

PXZb6CE.png

3 minutes ago, awkways said:

I'm pretty sure they didn't even bother to officially say anything about why xmas didn't come this year. This was just the assumed reason.

It's not the first time we don't get a xmas event, and casually last time it happened we were also waiting for a big update. I think it's safe to say that these updates influence the events.

But if this was not the case, it's amazing to me how this silence is completely ignored by the community.

We may not be a very big community, but i think many of us care about this game and its players. We should at least let our reasons be known.

Personally I appreciate that development times can overflow, particularly on projects like this that are largely passion-driven and not consistently funded. However, I really wish the devs would provide regular updates, eg weekly or even monthly, just so that we could anticipate when stuff might happen, rather than just sitting and waiting and one day randomly logging in and finding that we have a new ROM requirement.

15 hours ago, richardbenzina said:

tend to defend the devs even after sinnoh has been announced 1 year ago

That's the point.

1 hour ago, Suuu said:

Soonnnn :)

It's a trademark.

Spoiler

P.S.: If I were a staff member I wouldn't joke about something like an entire community fooled  by the devs and I would give some news or reassure the community about the current update developement instead.

P.P.S.: Sooooon (TM)