Sell Multi-Selected To GTL

Michelle

Question

I've been hunting and filling multiple boxes, while it is easier now that we can right-click to sell in the PC, I can't help but wonder why not take it a step further. Allow us to sell multiples of Pokemon, and perhaps even items.

7KMaLro.png

Thoughts?

Edited by Michelle

8 answers to this question

6 hours ago, XelaKebert said:

Selling multiples of items is already a thing. You can sell up to 99 in one listing. Being able to list multiple of the same Pokemon for the same price would be nice though.

Yes I know, but say I wanted to list 4 different stacks of different TMs for the same price, something like that is what I was referring to. This is reaching quite far considering the convenience factor isn't as needed as it is for selling mass Pokemon.

9 hours ago, XelaKebert said:

Selling multiples of items is already a thing. You can sell up to 99 in one listing. Being able to list multiple of the same Pokemon for the same price would be nice though.

Would probably require some tedious coding, it will generate conflicts most likely considering every mon having a unique ID. Tbh doubt it will ever be a thing.

Plus it would be like heaven for botters.

10 hours ago, Michelle said:

Yes I know, but say I wanted to list 4 different stacks of different TMs for the same price, something like that is what I was referring to. This is reaching quite far considering the convenience factor isn't as needed as it is for selling mass Pokemon.

So extra sale slots for item stacks? That could be something to refine the idea. Have up to 4 listing slots for what you want to list. Up to 4 Pokemon or 396 items (4 stacks of 99) could be listed for the same price. Though the concerns below are something to be considered.

7 hours ago, razimove said:

Would probably require some tedious coding, it will generate conflicts most likely considering every mon having a unique ID. Tbh doubt it will ever be a thing.

This is very true, it'd be nice, but the effort may be more than the payoff.

On 1/18/2020 at 6:28 AM, razimove said:

Coding is tedious, conflicts are less likely considering everything has unique IDs. Botters gain nothing from being able to list multiple pokemon, sales still need to be made, and you would still pay a posting fee. All this would save is time, which benefits everyone.

6 hours ago, Michelle said:

Coding is tedious, conflicts are less likely considering everything has unique IDs. Botters gain nothing from being able to list multiple pokemon, sales still need to be made, and you would still pay a posting fee. All this would save is time, which benefits everyone.

I could argument against you about this particular subjects, but I feel like that would go against the ToS, so I'll avoid it. But no, mister bot profits a lot more from this than you, and yeah it can create conflicts exactly because of unique IDs, and possible interactions already present in old code. 

7 hours ago, razimove said:

I could argument against you about this particular subjects, but I feel like that would go against the ToS, so I'll avoid it. But no, mister bot profits a lot more from this than you, and yeah it can create conflicts exactly because of unique IDs, and possible interactions already present in old code. 

You've done nothing but repeat yourself, botters typically don't use bots to list sales, that would be reckless. "Conflicts exactly because of unique IDs," is basically an oxymoron, that's why IDs are unique, so there are no conflicts. If you could give me some actual reasons I could understand, that's fine, otherwise leave it be.

15 hours ago, Michelle said:

You've done nothing but repeat yourself, botters typically don't use bots to list sales, that would be reckless. "Conflicts exactly because of unique IDs," is basically an oxymoron, that's why IDs are unique, so there are no conflicts. If you could give me some actual reasons I could understand, that's fine, otherwise leave it be.

Coming from a past of coding for another Pokémon game online, 

I can without a doubt say that often the most simplest things to be requested can be the most painful/difficult things to do. 

while I’m sure they’re booked up on changes/future events etc as it is, 

the suggestion is nothing but a suggestion, and it’s a good one at that. 

- wouldn’t mind seeing it myself, nonetheless fingers crossed. ^~^