[Tutorial] How to edit GUI

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hello all, i've not found in monster-frame.xml the lines for set the height and weight of the background of the monster info i'll explain i work on a pokedex theme i have this :

Spoiler

QqoBTRC.png

it's not definitive but, i have put some borders on the windows the borders was cut in the game :

Spoiler

qaRbfmv.png

so if someone knows how to edit the size of the windows it can help me 

2nd part : TWL Editor theme is working/accepted by the staff nowadays ? where can i find a link for TWL Editor all links i've found was down !? If someone wants to help me or have any suggestion / idea tell me in PM or here i take all the help i found

Best regards

ProfBrownie 

Edited by ProfBrownie
i have searched a link for TWL Editor but all the links was down
4 hours ago, hannahtaylor said:

Does anyone know where the top part of the GTL and friends list is? It's the only part I can't seem to find!

Nwttip9.png

And/or is anyone able to help identify what everything is? I have no clue here Thanks

Yeah it's here, also, I can help with most theme stuff, just shoot me a PM anytime

76d6d3d1b547e270b28f7dda84b17d20.png

Edited by Staggiie
  • 1 month later...
On 2019/6/4 at PM1点38分, Odelta said:

Hey guys! This is just a fairly straightforward Kanto music replacer mod, which replaces the music from the Kanto section of the game with music from Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee, with a couple HGSS tracks thrown in for the Sevii islands. Almost no editing has been done to these tracks, so there's no clean looping or whatever. All that I've done is cut off the intro for one version of the rival's theme, pitch shifted a copy of the wild encounter music for hoards, and made sure everything is at a roughly consistent volume.

The file clocks in at just a hair under 200MB, and can be found here

Special thanks to the user Eggplant, whose very helpful guide allowed me to throw this together with relative ease. 

On 2013/6/26 at AM3点28分, Zoubek said:

Most of it is outdated now, but it still should give you idea what to do. Ill update it when I have some time.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/26/2012 at 6:02 PM, Zoubek said:

Regarding Client Customization

So here its my tutorial on how to edit GUI in PokeMMO, it will show you some basic things and tips.

If you have any suggestion, question, etc just ask.

Also I am not native English speaker so there probably will be some "unique" sentences or errors, sorry for that.

List of Editable Files

List of editable files

Hidden Content

Image 1

This is main part, it contains some tips and how to change buttons, windows and stuff via TWL Theme Editor. Pretty big image.

Hidden Content

Image 2

Here its list of what is what in user-interface.png.

Hidden Content

Image 3

How to edit GUI without TWL only through user-interface.png, + some tips.

Hidden Content

Image 4

Here its how to make super simple "plastic" button.

Hidden Content

Image 5

And finally how to change fonts.

Hidden Content

I hope its not confusing and good luck with your future GUIs :)

Today is this still working? I can't find the TWL Theme editor, you could pass me the link??

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2/7/2020 at 8:57 PM, SuperKirbylover said:

it seems the TWL theme editor's link is dead and its site has been replaced with ads. is there a mirror somebody can possibly upload?

That thing it's really old and im sure don't work anynore, better use an image editor like PS or Gimp 

On 2/29/2020 at 5:14 PM, MasterRaika said:

How do I apply themes on mobile

?

Themes are not supported on Android "yet"

• 7 months later...

Hi, I would like it if someone can help me with identifying an issue with my battle-hud file (theme editing).

I am able to make changes on other menu items simply by editing them in Photoshop.

PokeMMO accepted these changes:

1. https://i.postimg.cc/1tbtK3Jv/Main-TCTexture.png

2. https://i.postimg.cc/nc4zvZ71/monster-info.png

However, PokeMMO does not recognize my "battle-hud" file when I edit using this same method.

Here is the one PokeMMO won't recognize:

battle-hud22.png

I noticed I had painted slightly out of the dimensions of the original HUD. I tried to match the exact dimensions and I also tried adding transparency and neither resolved the issue. If anyone has an idea on the requirements for PokeMMO to recognize the "battle-hud" file that would be very helpful to me. If could point out what I am doing wrong that would be a bonus. Thank you.

Edited by RQSE

Hmm, when I took your exact image and put it in my theme it worked. (I renamed it without the 22)

I noticed the filename has a 22 at the end of it. Not sure if you are removing that in your theme or not.

image.thumb.png.9f0c87eb03090c610ee1d5bbf018da4b.png

On 12/14/2020 at 12:20 AM, RQSE said:

Hi, I would like it if someone can help me with identifying an issue with my battle-hud file (theme editing).

I am able to make changes on other menu items simply by editing them in Photoshop.

PokeMMO accepted these changes:

1. https://i.postimg.cc/1tbtK3Jv/Main-TCTexture.png

2. https://i.postimg.cc/nc4zvZ71/monster-info.png

However, PokeMMO does not recognize my "battle-hud" file when I edit using this same method.

Here is the one PokeMMO won't recognize:

battle-hud22.png

I noticed I had painted slightly out of the dimensions of the original HUD. I tried to match the exact dimensions and I also tried adding transparency and neither resolved the issue. If anyone has an idea on the requirements for PokeMMO to recognize the "battle-hud" file that would be very helpful to me. If could point out what I am doing wrong that would be a bonus. Thank you.

you need to edit the battle.xml inside your theme folder, go inside "ui", there you have the "battle.xml" need to edit the ones i show on the image, "battle-area-frame" and "battle-area", that will allow the theme to show that section you need to use... if you dont want to edit the .xml yourself use this one: https://www.mediafire.com/file/o1sqvc79wiv0aii/battle.xml/file

just move it where i told you the "ui" folder inside your theme folder

battle fix.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hello I am new here and on pokemmo,
I apologize in advance for my English and any mistakes that there are in this text.

I would like to know that it is the best tool to create custom themes with visualization without restarting the game permanently?
I saw that there was TWL theme editor but no way to get my hands on it.
I could use a classic text editor (like sublime text or even vscode ...), but I find it quite limiting.

Good day / evening

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/12/2021 at 3:40 PM, NutEla said:

Hello I am new here and on pokemmo,
I apologize in advance for my English and any mistakes that there are in this text.

I would like to know that it is the best tool to create custom themes with visualization without restarting the game permanently?
I saw that there was TWL theme editor but no way to get my hands on it.
I could use a classic text editor (like sublime text or even vscode ...), but I find it quite limiting.

Good day / evening

you cant edit the theme just by a text editor, thats just for the coding, for the appearance you need an Image Editor that can work with transparencies, like Photoshop or GIMP

if you need more i have a video on yt of how to edit themes, its on spanish but i think it would help you out to start editing

• 2 months later...

Hi, i hope you guys can help me.

First question:

Is it possible to display the gender of the pokemons in the party?

Second question:

Normally when a Pokemon has for example 31 attack iv, the font is green.

Is it possible to make the backgound of this field green instead of the text?

Unbenannt5.PNG

• 1 month later...
On 4/30/2020 at 7:17 PM, budadeth said:

That thing it's really old and im sure don't work anynore, better use an image editor like PS or Gimp 

thing is, i work a lot better with a theme editor so i can preview what i'm doing. it looked like the TWL theme editor actually did that, which is why im asking for it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2021 at 9:58 AM, SuperKirbylover said:

thing is, i work a lot better with a theme editor so i can preview what i'm doing. it looked like the TWL theme editor actually did that, which is why im asking for it.

if you find a working version of that software go ahead and try it, i suggest you do it with an image editor, i made a tutorial here and also a video tutorial that would help you guide without the TWL editor

• 8 months later...
On 6/1/2021 at 10:26 PM, budadeth said:

if you find a working version of that software go ahead and try it, i suggest you do it with an image editor, i made a tutorial here and also a video tutorial that would help you guide without the TWL editor

The web servers that previously hosted the jars that the Editor's jnlp launcher would fetch no longer physically exist and were never backed up.

Archives exist on Github, however the majority of which are not compiled.

TWL Editor is essentially entirely deprecated unless someone still has the Editor's dependencies still downloaded on their computer.

Scene builders are extremely powerful tools and save modders hundreds of hours.

Edited by nurver9
46 minutes ago, nurver9 said:

The web servers that previously hosted the jars that the Editor's jnlp launcher would fetch no longer physically exist and were never backed up.

Archives exist on Github, however the majority of which are not compiled.

TWL Editor is essentially entirely deprecated unless someone still has the Editor's dependencies still downloaded on their computer.

Scene builders are extremely powerful tools and save modders hundreds of hours.

I know but I encourage people go and find on their own

4 minutes ago, budadeth said:

I know but I encourage people go and find on their own

+1

I don't think there is other alternatives sadly ?

I even signed up for an Oracle developer account to access old versions of Java 8 in an attempt to recompile the Editor's dependencies.

There is evidence in the file system that supports the potential existence of a newer scene2d based editor, however, only the PokeMMO team are aware of what project files plug into what program. I also highly doubt the developers have gone this long without some form of scene composer.

If there are old copies of the TWL Editor floating around it's possible it could still be utilized. Unfortunately, the only users who possess these files are those who had the Editor installed almost six years ago.

The Editor's launcher was more-or-less a portal, that would download the main jars onto the user's system. This is outdated technology now, but at the time these jnlp extensions were designed so the user would always receive the latest and up-to-date version of that product. Now, when the download servers ceased to exist, so did the Editor itself.

<resources locale="" os="">
    <jar download="eager" href="TWLThemeEditor.jar" main="true" version=""/> <-- needs rebuild -->
	<!--<jar download="eager" href="xpp3-1.1.4c.jar" main="false" version=""/>-->
	<!--<jar download="eager" href="lwjgl.jar" main="false" version=""/>-->
	<!--<jar download="eager" href="TWL.jar" main="false" version=""/>-->
	<!--<jar download="eager" href="TWLEffects.jar" main="false" version=""/>-->
	<!--<jar download="eager" href="jna.jar" main="false" version=""/>-->
	<!--<jar download="eager" href="asm3.jar" main="false" version=""/>-->
	<!--<jar download="eager" href="asm-tree-3.1.jar" main="false" version=""/>-->
	<!--<jar download="eager" href="asm-analysis-3.1.jar" main="false" version=""/>-->
    <jar download="eager" href="JavaFreeType.jar" main="false" version=""/>  <-- needs rebuild, missing Eclipse project file -->

Here's the code the Editor's launcher executes. Commented lines contain files which are still available at some far corner of the internet, but who knows for how long.

I went on a wild goose chase last year in an attempt to reconstruct the Editor, however, I was missing two parts. The Editor's launcher itself can be rebuilt using Eclipse project files on Github. The major issue here is the old JavaFreeType jar. The Git for this library does not contain project files making it extremely difficult, almost impossible to recompile.

If someone still has these files on their system, the Editor could possibly be utilized once again.

It's also possibly pointless to look for another variant of the TWL Editor because there is a plethora of modern scene2d editors available, but are useless to modders without project files.

Edited by nurver9