[Tutorial] How to edit GUI

Unfortunately this guide is pretty well outdated as far as where UI components are located. The image you linked is from an old version of the UI.

Really? How? I got that image from my pokemmo themes/res folder on my computer. And I just downloaded the files from pokemmo.eu/downloads/ this afternoon.

Really? How? I got that image from my pokemmo themes/res folder on my computer. And I just downloaded the files from pokemmo.eu/downloads/ this afternoon.

That part of the UI is not used anymore. The theme shown in this guide is really old. A lot of the principles still apply to creating a new theme, but the locations of which files do what is not 100% accurate anymore.

That part of the UI is not used anymore. The theme shown in this guide is really old. A lot of the principles still apply to creating a new theme, but the locations of which files do what is not 100% accurate anymore.

So, any idea where I can find out where to look for certain aspects of the game to edit them? Say I want to edit the 'fight' button. How would I know where to find that file and edit it.

So, any idea where I can find out where to look for certain aspects of the game to edit them? Say I want to edit the 'fight' button. How would I know where to find that file and edit it.

The buttons for Fight and other battle actions are located in the Main-Hud.png file. That file also controls any other UI elements sharing those buttons.

To change the buttons that you see when switching Pokemon, those are in the Battle-Hud.png file.

Most of the other widgets we in the pokemmo_ui.png file, with the exception of monster info, pc window, breeding window, and the trainer card.

The buttons for Fight and other battle actions are located in the Main-Hud.png file. That file also controls any other UI elements sharing those buttons.

To change the buttons that you see when switching Pokemon, those are in the Battle-Hud.png file.

Most of the other widgets we in the pokemmo_ui.png file, with the exception of monster info, pc window, breeding window, and the trainer card.

Do you happen to know where the hp bar that changes from say green to yellow to red is?

Also, do you know what the icons/buttons that are marked with red numbers are for?

140ckde.png

288r0nq.png

The HP bar is in the battle hud file. It is the pill shaped thing that has red, yellow, and green in it. I do not suggest changing that though.

The buttons you have marked in the battle hud file are to select a Pokemon from your party, the box is where the sprite sits. The other buttons you have marked are used in various places around the UI. The top ones are buttons that you can click and the bottom are the disabled version of that button.

The HP bar is in the battle hud file. It is the pill shaped thing that has red, yellow, and green in it. I do not suggest changing that though.

The buttons you have marked in the battle hud file are to select a Pokemon from your party, the box is where the sprite sits. The other buttons you have marked are used in various places around the UI. The top ones are buttons that you can click and the bottom are the disabled version of that button.

Thanks! I just wanted to know where the HP bar was because for some reason in game it's half red and half blue when it should be just red. I didn't edit it at all, though.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

Do you happen to know where the hp bar that changes from say green to yellow to red is?

Also, do you know what the icons/buttons that are marked with red numbers are for?

140ckde.png

288r0nq.png

I search where is visible the n° 8 ? I don't find him  :(

Thx !

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

might be stupid but i must ask...this thread it basically showing u how to just customize ur GUI

(like how to configure size, buttons & colours)or is it a guide as well on how to make themes? and if not a guide about on how to make themes, do anyone know an easy-read to learn guide to start learn?

Edited by ragstal
17 hours ago, purity2910 said:

Im trying to redraw the breedwindows tab. Is that possible ?

It is possible to redraw them, but you will have to do some XML editing for that. It may be best to PM one of the users who has posted a theme using redrawn GUI components.

7 hours ago, ragstal said:

might be stupid but i must ask...this thread it basically showing u how to just customize ur GUI

(like how to configure size, buttons & colours)or is it a guide as well on how to make themes? and if not a guide about on how to make themes, do anyone know an easy-read to learn guide to start learn?

It is showing you how to recolor the components and make some basic changes using the TWL Themer to change the generated XML. For complete custom themes using entirely different components it would be best to PM one of the users who has made such modifications to the GUI for advice.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

For these wondering how to change the login screen, after Unova update:

Step 1: Add these text blocks to the following files:

main-widgets.xml

<theme name="logingui">
		<param name="background"><image>login-background</image></param>
	</theme>

gfx.xml

<images file="res/background.png">
		<area name="login-background" xywh="*"/>
	</images>

Step 2: Put your custom background into the res folder and name it "background.png"

Edited by Billla
On 6/2/2018 at 1:25 PM, Billla said:

main-widgets.xml

<theme name="logingui">
	</theme>

gfx.xml

</images>

Step 2: Put your custom background into the res folder and name it "background.png"

do you know how make an animeted bg??

On 6/2/2018 at 8:25 PM, Billla said:

main-widgets.xml

<theme name="logingui">
	</theme>

gfx.xml

</images>

Billa the Hero