Switchin out Pokemon

JustFlew

Question

Hello it's JustFlew! I'd like to suggest adding the function that allows us to switch out our Pokemon when we defeat a Pokemon in a trainer battle it should ask us if we'd like to switch out the pokemon. I think it's helpful for evenly leveling out your Pokemon simply because you use a whole turn switching out your Pokemon and you take a hit however with this added that doesn't have to happen. I can see how toxic this can be in pvp, but if you can add it to environment.

Edited by JustFlew

5 answers to this question

This function was removed to make the game more challenging- free switch makes it basically "wait until you have an advantage then one shot everything" game, which is not only boring- it also doesn't teach you anything as a player. We are playing MMO after all, and tbh that option never really made sense for me, in no circumstances you should know what your opponent is going to use against you.

It for sure can't be added in PVP, cause, honestly, it would make no sense at all. But I'm certain to say that it will never be added to the environment, due to those reasons I mentioned.

2 hours ago, Bearminator said:

This function was removed to make the game more challenging- free switch makes it basically "wait until you have an advantage then one shot everything" game, which is not only boring- it also doesn't teach you anything as a player. We are playing MMO after all, and tbh that option never really made sense for me, in no circumstances you should know what your opponent is going to use against you.

It for sure can't be added in PVP, cause, honestly, it would make no sense at all. But I'm certain to say that it will never be added to the environment, due to those reasons I mentioned.

I see, I just find it convenient but I guess the cons outweigh the pros in some sense

I'm only saying but this option helps in the main games to train with the first low leveled mon holding a lucky egg so you can switch because it's too weak to fight if you don't feel like train with wild mons, after all exp. share gives less experience.

But

With the Kalos region implementing the Multi-Exp Share this option became USELESS and we don't need the lucky egg anymore lol.

Edited by Xlord2017