JOHTO FOR NEXT REGION

considering that kanto of hg / ss has only 2 endgame features (not considering the tour of the gyms) and these are: Pal Park, Battleground (which we can already find within the 5th generation) we can say with certainty that the kanto of hg / ss is almost useless for the game, endgame.

we can, as already said by someone in this post, block the kanto of hg / ss and allow the entry to mt silver with the obtaining of the 8 medals of johto. (as the johto league is shared with the kanto league)

Now there is only one question left to ask:
Do we want to continue traveling between a DS / 3DS region (such as Sinnoh, Unova and, if they will implement Johto) and a GBA region? (Hoenn, FR/LG Kanto)
it's ugly, in my opinion we should decide which direction to take and then convert (via official MOD also) all the other regions to a single graphic ... but this is just an opinion

• 2 weeks later...

I find it interesting to emphasize the importance of HG / SS for the game, thus bringing a complete experience for all players who not only seek to play competitive in the game, but also play the game by simply having fun with the story mode. So, to please both sides, it would be easier for Johto to come with competitive resources such as HA and new farm means, among others.

Edited by Zatanne

On 1/22/2020 at 4:22 PM, soyhector said:
On 12/29/2019 at 10:23 AM, n3xiile said:

I think I speak for the people when I say I want a Heart gold and soul silver remake up next for regions to be added... After sinnoh that is

You don't speak for me. I don't want to complete another region story if it doesn't provide new competitive content.

He speaks fo me.

6 hours ago, druido890 said:

@soyhector im sorry about you but this is a MMO game and PVP isn't the only feature.

You will understand  that, being an mmo, it has many feature such as story, collecting and shiny collecting, simple social stuff, PVE and more...

But... if you looking for only PVP i can suggest Pokemon Showdown, it's better for PVP! ;)

its my opinion bro, and i didnt ask about other people opinions. if you dont like my opinion is your problem and i dont matter.

anyways what new feature would add jhoto? you said shiny hunting...how is that? no new pokes no new shinys.

And about your suggestion i dont like pokemon showdown.

19 minutes ago, soyhector said:

its my opinion bro, and i didnt ask about other people opinions. if you dont like my opinion is your problem and i dont matter.

anyways what new feature would add jhoto? you said shiny hunting...how is that? no new pokes no new shinys.

And about your suggestion i dont like pokemon showdown.

Let me get this straight. You don't want Johto because it's not going to add any PvP content in the game? So I'm assuming you only enjoy PvP. But you hate Pokemon Showdown, a game/site that's dedicated for competitive pokemon? Sounds contradictory.

I want Johto because it will add PvE content. New gyms to fight. New E4. The battle against Red.

3 hours ago, Archiver said:

Let me get this straight. You don't want Johto because it's not going to add any PvP content in the game? So I'm assuming you only enjoy PvP. But you hate Pokemon Showdown, a game/site that's dedicated for competitive pokemon? Sounds contradictory.

I want Johto because it will add PvE content. New gyms to fight. New E4. The battle against Red.

Pokemon showdown has another tiers, another graphics, you cant chat with friends like here or have a Team. Whats contradictory? i dont need to explain my opinions man lol

And I dont care if you want jhoto. I dont want it. We don't need to agree

4 hours ago, Archiver said:

When it comes to PvE content, let's be honest: Legendary Dungeons > > > > Johto Region. Johto provides only npc battles without any concrete rewards. If Devs are going to invest their time implementing PvE content, they should focus on the best content possible and that's just not Johto imo.

Edited by gbwead

@soyhector In fact I just wanted to make you understand that it will be done in the future (maybe not jhoto) and if they implement new pvp it's okay, if they don't it doesn't matter, it's only good that you know it.

Of course we may not agree, we are in democracy, in fact I respect your opinion but the fact is that we can think it anyway other regions will be implemented and by obvious choice the next one will be jhoto so I feel sorry for you, moreover pokemmo, just as a pokemon evolves: P

peace

here we are not only talking about content, dungeons, pvp or other, here we are talking about implementing a new region and it will certainly happen in the future (based on the releases of the old regions I would say 2-3 years) because it is simply the way of working of the developers.
I'm sure that in these 2-3 years (before the next region) the developers will do something: dungeons, legends, pve, pvp, and everything you want ...
14 hours ago, soyhector said:

Pokemon showdown has another tiers, another graphics, you cant chat with friends like here or have a Team. Whats contradictory? i dont need to explain my opinions man lol

13 hours ago, gbwead said:

When it comes to PvE content, let's be honest: Legendary Dungeons > > > > Johto Region. Johto provides only npc battles without any concrete rewards. If Devs are going to invest their time implementing PvE content, they should focus on the best content possible and that's just not Johto imo.

Idk why you guys are so triggered about this. There are many people that would like to see Johto sooner or later. In my case, it is, along with 8th gen story, the only main game story that I have missed. I started with Pokemon Yellow and then took a long hiatus until gen 6, so PokeMMO has helped me to experience all the stories and regions I missed in those years... with the exception of Johto.

That's my personal reason to want this to come, as it could be for many others. If you don't like it, fine, but don't bring out lame points to try to invalidate a very fair and reasonable suggestion.

And btw, I don't agree that it doesn't bring anything new, @gbwead: it brings a whole new region to explore, Apricorn balls, new gyms and elite four, new EV training and shiny hunting spots (most likely) and many other things that I am certainly forgetting to mention.

@Rittz No one is triggered about this. We just want devs to focus on better projects. People want Johto because they are nostalgic, but nostalgia doesn't provide new content. 

1 hour ago, Rittz said:

And btw, I don't agree that it doesn't bring anything new, @gbwead: it brings a whole new region to explore, Apricorn balls, new gyms and elite four, new EV training and shiny hunting spots (most likely) and many other things that I am certainly forgetting to mention.

Aside from apricorn balls, there is nothing that you listed that is exclusive content to Johto. A new region to explore is the exact same thing as new dungeons to explore. New gyms and elite four are just new rooms and boss fights, basically just decor and npcs. New EV training and shiny hunting spots, any new content will come with those things.

Johto only brings nostalgia and apricorn balls. Don't get me wrong. I think Johto would be a great addition to PokeMMO, but giving the effort and time that needs to be invested in order to implement Johto, I would prefer if devs focus on projects that will give us more than nostalgia and apricorn balls. 

2 hours ago, gbwead said:

Johto only brings nostalgia and apricorn balls.

According to what seems to me soo far, Sinnoh brought a new region, with all the implications, and something like 6 pokemon relevant for PvP (please, correct me if I'm wrong it is a very approximative data) not obtainable after unova league or through other means.

So it brought nostaligia (?) and few mons, the majority of which were already obtainable or PvP-wise near to be useless but I didn't see people complaying about it, so I don't get your point. Please tell me which other benefits you think brought Sinnoh that are not comparable with Johto ones so that I will understand you better ^^

Furthermore I don't think that in a 2-3 years time the devs will focus only on the developement of the new region considering the importance of dungeons and all the bugs and unimplemented features we currently have in the 4 available Regions.

22 hours ago, soyhector said:

18 hours ago, soyhector said:

Yes it is and we respect it... as long as you respect ours.  I perfectly understand what you mean but maybe being a little less grumpy will attract less arguments with other people too :) and yes, we don't need to agree too but, if every month there's a new topic about Johto (and I as a fan of Johto am sick of it) maybe a very big part of the community wants Johto even if it brings nothing more than a new (2) region and maybe it's the case to get over it and stop complaining about people who wants a fantastic region like Johto for the simple sake of it, beacause a game should be fun and not everyone find PvP to be funnier than a region they love and want to play :) Enjoy the game.

22 minutes ago, lallo17 said:

According to what seems to me soo far, Sinnoh brought a new region, with all the implications, and something like 6 pokemon relevant for PvP (please, correct me if I'm wrong it is a very approximative data) not obtainable after unova league or through other means.

So it brought nostaligia (?) and few mons, the majority of which were already obtainable or PvP-wise near to be useless but I didn't see people complaying about it, so I don't get your point. Please tell me which other benefits you think brought Sinnoh that are not comparable with Johto ones so that I will understand you better ^^

Garchomp, Rotom, Rotom-Wash, Rotom-Heat, Rotom-Mow, Rotom-Fan, Rotom-Frost, Infernape, Empoleon, Torterra, Gastrodon, Spiritomb, Loppunny, Spiritomb, Staraptor, Abomasnow, Stuktank, Drapion, Toxicroak and several new LC pokemons will be relevant in one of the official tiers/format. Those are only the mons that can I think of without looking at the pokedex and I'm sure I'm forgetting some important new additions. These mons also give access to new egg moves like Accupressure and Nasty Plot to old species that we had. Also, Sinnoh gave us new tms like Natural Gift. Overall, Sinnoh didn't give us as much content as Unova did, but it gave us a lot for both PvE and PvP.

22 minutes ago, lallo17 said:

Furthermore I don't think that in a 2-3 years time the devs will focus only on the developement of the new region considering the importance of dungeons and all the bugs and unimplemented features we currently have in the 4 available Regions.

Hey, if devs manage to implement dungeons in the near future, I'm all for Johto getting implemented right after. Unfortunately, I don't think that is realistic, but let's hope I guess.

Edited by gbwead
8 hours ago, druido890 said:

@soyhector In fact I just wanted to make you understand that it will be done in the future (maybe not jhoto) and if they implement new pvp it's okay, if they don't it doesn't matter, it's only good that you know it.

Of course we may not agree, we are in democracy, in fact I respect your opinion but the fact is that we can think it anyway other regions will be implemented and by obvious choice the next one will be jhoto so I feel sorry for you, moreover pokemmo, just as a pokemon evolves: P

peace

here we are not only talking about content, dungeons, pvp or other, here we are talking about implementing a new region and it will certainly happen in the future (based on the releases of the old regions I would say 2-3 years) because it is simply the way of working of the developers.
I'm sure that in these 2-3 years (before the next region) the developers will do something: dungeons, legends, pve, pvp, and everything you want ...

if it doesnt bring new content wont be implemented. and sorry for me why? you are taking this too much personal, its only a game friend.

7 hours ago, Rittz said:

Idk why you guys are so triggered about this. There are many people that would like to see Johto sooner or later. In my case, it is, along with 8th gen story, the only main game story that I have missed. I started with Pokemon Yellow and then took a long hiatus until gen 6, so PokeMMO has helped me to experience all the stories and regions I missed in those years... with the exception of Johto.

That's my personal reason to want this to come, as it could be for many others. If you don't like it, fine, but don't bring out lame points to try to invalidate a very fair and reasonable suggestion.

im not triggered lol. it looks more like you are triggered. i mean i only said my opinion and a bunch of random players started to contradict me. Your commentary was too long so i didnt read it all.

2 hours ago, lallo17 said:

Yes it is and we respect it... as long as you respect ours.  I perfectly understand what you mean but maybe being a little less grumpy will attract less arguments with other people too :) and yes, we don't need to agree too but, if every month there's a new topic about Johto (and I as a fan of Johto am sick of it) maybe a very big part of the community wants Johto even if it brings nothing more than a new (2) region and maybe it's the case to get over it and stop complaining about people who wants a fantastic region like Johto for the simple sake of it, beacause a game should be fun and not everyone find PvP to be funnier than a region they love and want to play :) Enjoy the game.

Calm down man. Dont take it personal. I didnt read your commentary sorry, was too long.

Edited by soyhector

We have enough regions to travel through. Instead of being ungrateful, let's thank the developers for what we have now.

4 regions now! I recall when we only had Kanto.

Thank you @Desu @Kyu and @Shu for implementing Sinnoh. You could of chosen the easy way out by implementing all the missing Sinnoh mons in Unova at different locations. The fact that you chose to make a whole new region for us the players is wonderful!

You could of chosen the easy way out by implementing all the missing Sinnoh mons in Unova at different locations.

Ya its funny how people say johto adds no new content but they never said anything about sinnoh when it was first announced its in the works.

2 years to add next region when you can just add remaining pokes in unova like they did with hippopotas and others.

If it takes 2 years to add but adds a few pokemon its new content.Then i guess those people will be happy if they make a rare item you can find by catching or thief in heartgold areas only that will be used to give hidden ability when breeding or consumed.

Edited by MightyBoxer
On 2/19/2020 at 9:48 AM, druido890 said:

@soyhector im sorry about you but this is a MMO game and PVP isn't the only feature.

You will understand  that, being an mmo, it has many feature such as story, collecting and shiny collecting, simple social stuff, PVE and more...

But... if you looking for only PVP i can suggest Pokemon Showdown, it's better for PVP! ;)

Pvp is the only relevant feature really. Either way, johto is just a big meme, 2h region, no new pokemons, and just more annoying dialogs. Instead they should focus on the dungeons custom content we were promised since 2016.

Implementing Johto would be an easy solution. Just remove some Johto Pokemon from the other regions and make them exclusive to Johto. They're only available the way they are currently because of the lack of Johto anyway, so finally having them in their proper region would be expected when the time comes.

As for Future Kanto, there are a few things that would make this second Kanto mandatory, like being able to challenge Elite 4 round 2, and Red for example, you need to have all the Future Kanto badges. The Future Kanto can have its own Safari Zone as well, not to mention the Bug Catching event in Johto, and other things like Ruins of Alph if you care about that sort of thing, and more Gyms to re-battle and that sort of thing.

Well Johto will come in 2022 whether you guys want it or not. At this point It's not even hard for the dev to add another .nds region. It's just the same as Black and Platinum.

Better to release each region every 2 years to keep this game alive for as long as possible than to release all at once and there's nothing new to expect.

Edited by levantinh
On 2/21/2020 at 4:36 PM, Cosica said:

Implementing Johto would be an easy solution. Just remove some Johto Pokemon from the other regions and make them exclusive to Johto. They're only available the way they are currently because of the lack of Johto anyway, so finally having them in their proper region would be expected when the time comes.

As for Future Kanto, there are a few things that would make this second Kanto mandatory, like being able to challenge Elite 4 round 2, and Red for example, you need to have all the Future Kanto badges. The Future Kanto can have its own Safari Zone as well, not to mention the Bug Catching event in Johto, and other things like Ruins of Alph if you care about that sort of thing, and more Gyms to re-battle and that sort of thing.

This wouldnt really solve the problem, part of the problem comes with how tiny the region is, and lets be honest, its the tiniest.

Edited by razimove
1 hour ago, razimove said:

This wouldnt really solve the problem, part of the problem comes with how tiny the region is, and lets be honest, its the tiniest.

based on what.world record speed runs to beat story e4 in each game fire red would be the fastest.

emerald is almost the same.Heartgold is much longer.White is longer but alot of it is because of alot of dialogue and video clips.

Platinum is indeed a very big region.

Emerald has very little post e4 content.Heartgold with no post e4 content might even be bigger than emerald with full content.

Edited by MightyBoxer
1 hour ago, MightyBoxer said:

based on what.world record speed runs to beat story e4 in each game fire red would be the fastest.

emerald is almost the same.Heartgold is much longer.White is longer but alot of it is because of alot of dialogue and video clips.

Platinum is indeed a very big region.

Emerald has very little post e4 content.Heartgold with no post e4 content might even be bigger than emerald with full content.

Glitchless run still is fire red? Didnt really research on it, but kinda strongly doubt, might be due to glitches, extended dialogues etc, part of what makes unova feel like such a big region is the amount of dialogue.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.