JOHTO FOR NEXT REGION

6 minutes ago, superpichu999 said:

You know, some people don't just want Johto for the starters, they want Johto for Johto. Pokemon aren't everything a region has to offer.

I understand the fact that some people are nostalgic about Johto, but Johto comes with a critical issue that may need to be addressed. How would it be consistent to have 2 Kantos? We already have a Kanto region and we also have all the Johto Pokemon available for us to capture.

Just now, Bestfriends said:

I understand the fact that some people are nostalgic about Johto, but Johto comes with a critical issue that may need to be addressed. How would it be consistent to have 2 Kantos? We already have a Kanto region and we also have all the Johto Pokemon available for us to capture.

Simplest thing is to not implement the new Kanto, just create a "door" connect the route 26 connection to the route 22 gatehouse (where the first guard that needs the bolder badge is located in), Do some scripting work to detect the region of the challenger, if Johto the guards require Johto badges to progress and the e4 is the Johto e4.

That or just replace old kanto (reimplementing the story), only require the FireRed rom for the sevi islands and Kanto safari zone. We don't need two kantos.

And as I said, Johto could bring more things to the table then just Pokemon. For example, the Johto exclusive pokeballs (level ball would be good for general breeder catching, ditto or otherwise), a (possibly customizable) new safari zone, and 8 more gym leaders/another e4/more trainers for money grinding. If we assume we get new Berry plots as well, then there's that. 

On 12/29/2019 at 9:09 PM, Bestfriends said:

You can catch Johto starters in the Hoenn Safari after you defeat the story mode's Elite Four.

That's not what he asked.

5 hours ago, Bestfriends said:

Leaving out the fact that in PokeMMO there are many types of approaches about Johto (those who hate it without reason, those who simply look at the pokemon or at the actual difficulty in developing a second kanto as we discussed enough in other topics, those who scream "Johto sucks!1!1!!1! Develop Sun and Moon and the Megas instead!1!!1!1!!" and those who simply look at one of the most iconic, interesting, well buit and evocative region of them all and strives in order to have it and being able to share it with other players) there are way too many topics about it.

Simply there are some theoretical problems and some actual problems but we don't actually have a clue of how they would be fixed, just hypothesis of how the devs could approach them.

Only one thing is certain: unfortunately Johto is NOT a priority now, after the release of Sinnoh maybe we'll have some clues of what will happen next

just to reference read here

and here

So please stop asking about Johto every single time even if Sinnoh, wich is currently under developement, has not yet been released and stop answering with nonsense like "you already have Johto pokemons available" because that's not the point.

Edited by lallo17

That or just replace old kanto (reimplementing the story), only require the FireRed rom for the sevi islands and Kanto safari zone. We don't need two kantos.

they are alredy having alot of work to just add the game as it is with some modification on changing items and adding levels caps and such.

What ur asking is for them to make some post e4 content future kanto from johto games into a starting playable region.Requires making massive modifications in the story itself to be playable as a starting region ( manually making pallet town starter town with level 5 pokes starters , replacing levels and adding trainers etc etc etc...)(again its only a post e4 content...)

We either have johto with a future kanto post e4 which has nothing to do with the real kanto firered other than it has the same name.Everything is different other than its a future kanto that has the same names of cities and some gym leaders.But its still completly different.Just as final fantasy 6 is completly different than final fantasy 7.We cant have 2 final fantasy because it has same name?Thats just such a waste of a reason not to have johto with post e4 with some future kanto by name.

Or if thats such a problem with the name complication for some people (we cant have 2 kanto...)they can just block all post e4 content and just keep johto main story until u beat e4.

While alot of players have said its such a complicated problem i dont remember any admins saying its a problem.They added each roms as separate games(game not region) which u can  play.You need to take a boat in game to change the rom.You cant play 2 games at the same time until u take a boat to change rom.Only your progress is the same no matter were u are(pokes money etc.).So with that i dont see any problem what so ever if they add all of johto gen4 heartgold rom content except that they have the same name of the region despite being 2 completly different games.It will still be the same system as how they added other roms as u need to take boat to play another rom.Tho i understand some area like black city they had problems for some reason to add.And thats clearly not because of a reason like it conflicted with having 2 same regions.

You know, some people don't just want Johto for the starters, they want Johto for Johto. Pokemon aren't everything a region has to offer.

Agree.Most people who say that im surprised they dont just say ''most sinnoh poke were added in unova pokemmo even tho they were not there in the original game.Why waste time adding sinnoh?lets just add the rest in the regions we alredy have.''

If You Add Johto then everyone will get a free shiny

they had no problem replacing free luckyegg in chargestonecave with fullrestore.They can modify shiny gyarados story to make it regular.

Edited by MightyBoxer
24 minutes ago, MightyBoxer said:

We either have johto with a future kanto post e4 which has nothing to do with the real kanto firered other than it has the same name

Which is the most reasonable thing to do considering that if they'll add Johto someday in the future it will be HG & SS

Edited by lallo17

I am a Major Fan of Johto, and i know it is a lot to ask the Dev's to put in all the work for something others feel is already covered but it is more then just capturing pokemon. Experiencing Johto for the 1st time for those who never had the chance or reliving it if it was your 2nd Gen but 1st Game. As someone who lacks the skills required i can only beg the Dev's after they have achieved their Goals it would be good if you could help those of us who miss Johto.  Thanks :D

• 2 weeks later...

Now with Platinum out, HG/SS and Black2/White2 are the only games missing from PokeMMO. The dev team will probably make a decision about what features they want to focus now:

1. new events/dungeons/exclusive content?

2. porting HG/SS/B2/W2?

3. remaking the game engine to support gen 6/7/8?

I'm going to take a guess and assume 3 is never going to happen, and that PokeMMO will focus on sprite based Pokémon until the end of its life. Redoing the engine again to support 3D and 3DS/Switch assets is a 5 year undertaking minimum, with no guaranteed return in time investment. Also, people like me prefer old Pokemon, and that is the major reason why they play this.

1 is obviously going to happen, since those seasonal events have proven to be a great way to make people log in again into PokeMMO. It also shows how the staff can add their own content to the game, instead of just relying on content from the ROMs.

The interesting questions are: can you justify doing 1 and 2 at the same time? How would having two versions of the same areas work out? But more importantly, can assets from HG/SS/B2/W2 improve other parts of the game and help future development?

I myself think that it would definitely be worth it. People love those games, and having the complete gen 1-5 experience would be a big plus against the fan game competition. And while I don't know how PokeMMO development works, I assume that porting those games is easier when you already ported one gen 4 and one gen 5 game before, making the time investment more manageable.

As for the two versions of the same zone problem, I want to throw an idea: ultra wormholes hidden near the 4th badge zones, to help you jump between different Kanto and Unova regions. They would work exactly like the region jumping works with boats, but in a way that makes sense with time traveling. Those portals could even be setup during daily and seasonal events: if the person goes to a fishing event in the wrong version of Route 19, he can take a temporary portal there to the right version of Route 19 to make up for his mistake. Also helping people look for these portals is a good opportunity for player interaction.

I also think that having HG/SS/B2/W2 available to work with offer some really cool development opportunities 10 years into the future, beyond using the pokemon and the npc sprites from HG. Not only the PWT sprites which are really cool, but also textures and objects, which can be used in various daily events, and even could be used to craft DS styled remakes of gen 3 Hoenn and Kanto, and maybe even Kalos, Alola and Galar, complete with a soundtrack using the midi instruments from the ROMs. Having the full set of gen 1-5 games before tackling this would be ideal, and it's not that unrealistic if you consider the amazing work that has been done with PokeMMO, even if it takes a long time.

On 12/29/2019 at 6:23 AM, n3xiile said:

I think I speak for the people when I say I want a Heart gold and soul silver remake up next for regions to be added... After sinnoh that is

You don't speak for me. I don't want to complete another region story if it doesn't provide new competitive content.

if you dont want the region its ok, but a lot of ppl always wish for that, if they bring it, wont change anything for those who dont want it 

On 12/29/2019 at 5:09 PM, Bestfriends said:

You can catch Johto starters in the Hoenn Safari after you defeat the story mode's Elite Four.

easy, just cut the Kanto part, and make it unavailable, just like that part of Unova thats closed

but if you ask me i dont mind to have kanto twice

On 12/29/2019 at 6:23 AM, n3xiile said:

I think I speak for the people when I say I want a Heart gold and soul silver remake up next for regions to be added... After sinnoh that is

you speak for me surely bro but you should change that part of "i peak for the people" cause you see it brings just ppl dont like jotho and some other but hurted

Since Kanto's almost only "post-content" for G/S/C/HG/SS you actually don't need to change much 'bout Kanto. Just the Crossroads between Kanto & Johto to Victory Road (Tohjo Falls inclusive) and add the train station in Saffron City. Or did I miss anything in Kanto that's really necessary for the Johto implementation?

On 1/22/2020 at 4:13 PM, w4rdo said:

Now with Platinum out, HG/SS and Black2/White2 are the only games missing from PokeMMO. The dev team will probably make a decision about what features they want to focus now:

1. new events/dungeons/exclusive content?

2. porting HG/SS/B2/W2?

3. remaking the game engine to support gen 6/7/8?

I'm going to take a guess and assume 3 is never going to happen, and that PokeMMO will focus on sprite based Pokémon until the end of its life. Redoing the engine again to support 3D and 3DS/Switch assets is a 5 year undertaking minimum, with no guaranteed return in time investment. Also, people like me prefer old Pokemon, and that is the major reason why they play this.

1 is obviously going to happen, since those seasonal events have proven to be a great way to make people log in again into PokeMMO. It also shows how the staff can add their own content to the game, instead of just relying on content from the ROMs.

The interesting questions are: can you justify doing 1 and 2 at the same time? How would having two versions of the same areas work out? But more importantly, can assets from HG/SS/B2/W2 improve other parts of the game and help future development?

I myself think that it would definitely be worth it. People love those games, and having the complete gen 1-5 experience would be a big plus against the fan game competition. And while I don't know how PokeMMO development works, I assume that porting those games is easier when you already ported one gen 4 and one gen 5 game before, making the time investment more manageable.

As for the two versions of the same zone problem, I want to throw an idea: ultra wormholes hidden near the 4th badge zones, to help you jump between different Kanto and Unova regions. They would work exactly like the region jumping works with boats, but in a way that makes sense with time traveling. Those portals could even be setup during daily and seasonal events: if the person goes to a fishing event in the wrong version of Route 19, he can take a temporary portal there to the right version of Route 19 to make up for his mistake. Also helping people look for these portals is a good opportunity for player interaction.

I also think that having HG/SS/B2/W2 available to work with offer some really cool development opportunities 10 years into the future, beyond using the pokemon and the npc sprites from HG. Not only the PWT sprites which are really cool, but also textures and objects, which can be used in various daily events, and even could be used to craft DS styled remakes of gen 3 Hoenn and Kanto, and maybe even Kalos, Alola and Galar, complete with a soundtrack using the midi instruments from the ROMs. Having the full set of gen 1-5 games before tackling this would be ideal, and it's not that unrealistic if you consider the amazing work that has been done with PokeMMO, even if it takes a long time.

Why no just place kanto GBA NPCs in the HG/SS kanto during the story of FG/LG? Some map areas like cinnabar island or inside silph co can be taken from GBA version and also keep then for post Johto story for keep the game with more zones posible. I think they can add gen 6 and gen 7 pokemon using the Pokémon data present in the gen 7 roms, they dont need make pokemmo compatible with the whole alola region, just take the data like stats and introduce the new Pokémon in region zones already in pokemmo, BW2 can be really helpful with that for all the new zones that It add, also, PWT can be the perfect excuse for introduce trainers from anothers regions, like kahunas from alola or gym leaders of Kalos, sprites for trainers and Pokémon can be made for the community via mods. 

I prefer they focusing in dungeons or other postgame content, at least for now. I dont want they working on seasonal events, is no worth work in events for content that only can be played few days, I prefer true long life game content.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm all for including Johto. It's weird to have the entire content of generations 1, 3, 4 and 5 but not 2. It's like there's a hole in the middle of the game, lol.

Johto is beautiful, has a lot of interesting Pokemon (I know, pretty much all of them are available now, but you have to look around in every region to find them, it's a pain in the *ss), some interesting features (it would be nice to have apricorns in PokeMMO, so that we can make our own Pokeballs), it is memorable for most people who played it, and those who don't want it simply have to ignore it.

Besides, implementing it wouldn't be that hard. First, they'd only include Johto, without even considering Kanto. That would be more than enough for most people.

For Kanto 2G:

- either keep the map as it is, and make the players run through Johto and "1G Kanto" to unlock the Mount Silver, without even considering the new content available in Kanto in HGSS. SO basically: simply don't make a second map.

- or simply make a second Kanto map. When players go to Kanto after Johto, they wind up in the second map ; otherwise, they're in the first. About that second map: just make it a copy of the first one, except for the NPCs and the few places that are different. If people want to go to the original Kanto after Johto, well, simply make it possible with a "Time portal".

It's not rocket science, really. Johto would pose absolutely no problems for PokeMMO devs, they already implemented everything from it except for the map, NPCs, and story. Of course I'm not saying it could be done in a few days, lol. These things take time, and for now, we don't need a new region since we just got a new one. But Johto is more than possible to implement, and I think it is mandatory for the complete Pokemon experience.

they could just add Johto and leave Kanto region out. although it is a future version of Kanto that takes place after gen 1 so putting it in could make some sense. lots of Pokemmo players started their journey in Kanto first then went on to the other 3 regions. future Kanto could like additional story to see Kanto with better graphics after being gone a while. Pokemmo could probably add a short story bit of their own where we get robbed or lose our Kanto badges somehow giving a reason to travel to the future Kanto region  gyms.

Johto itself is more then just the Pokemon. it is one of the most beautiful regions out there plus it might be cool to see things like pokeball crafting and the pokegear. besides other then adding new dungeons and events there really isn't very much the team can actually add anymore. sooner or later some players will get bored of just new events and dungeons and want new story so it would be a bad decision to permanently leave Johto out.

Edited by Negumiko
On 1/2/2020 at 8:40 PM, MightyBoxer said:

While alot of players have said its such a complicated problem i dont remember any admins saying its a problem. They added each roms as separate games(game not region) which u can  play.You need to take a boat in game to change the rom.You cant play 2 games at the same time until u take a boat to change rom.Only your progress is the same no matter were u are(pokes money etc.).So with that i dont see any problem what so ever if they add all of johto gen4 heartgold rom content except that they have the same name of the region despite being 2 completly different games.It will still be the same system as how they added other roms as u need to take boat to play another rom.Tho i understand some area like black city they had problems for some reason to add.And thats clearly not because of a reason like it conflicted with having 2 same regions.

Yes, I wish everyone could understand this.  At this point, adding HG/SS, B2/W2 is just a piece of cake for the dev.

About the story conflict 2 Kanto 2 Unova. Instead of using the boat, just use a "time portal" and done, problem solved.

15 minutes ago, levantinh said:

Yes, I wish everyone could understand this.  At this point, adding HG/SS, B2/W2 is just a piece of cake for the dev.

About the story conflict 2 Kanto 2 Unova. Instead of using the boat, just use a "time portal" and done, problem solved.

Or we just can use a Dialga no?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.