Sweet Scent Ocarina

Definitive

Question

A lot of people would get mileage out of this. The only downside I can think of is that it would risk tanking the Leppa economy, but that's still got other uses anyway. Maybe it's still fed by Leppas, but at a much slower rate than it currently is.

The point of these Ocarinas is convenience, so not having to carry around a slave. That means this wouldn't quite work like the others, because the HMs represented by those (Fly, Cut, etc) are infinite-use. I don't have the answers right now, if anyone feels they would have a solution that involves keeping the Leppa economy alive (and not ruining it for those that have put a huge amount of time into farming them) whilst introducing what seems to be a pretty commonly-requested item, I'd love to hear it.

3 answers to this question

If it refilled from Leppa reserves, that could work potentially.

If we're strictly talking about convenience, and not altering what's already there, that would be the definition of what it should probably do. I would love if it was just a thing, that didn't use berries at all but I'm doubting that many people would agree to that.

11 hours ago, Definitive said:

If it refilled from Leppa reserves, that could work potentially.

If we're strictly talking about convenience, and not altering what's already there, that would be the definition of what it should probably do. I would love if it was just a thing, that didn't use berries at all but I'm doubting that many people would agree to that.

What you are missing about the Ocarinas that exist is that they are tied to you having the HM in your bag, plus appropriate badges iirc. There is no such constraint with Sweet Scent. One would only need to purchase hundreds of Leppa Berries and then sit back and farm at any point. Adding arbitrary restrictions on use would just border on silly and serve to over complicate a very simple mechanic.