PokeMMO’s life expectancy.

17 hours ago, Gravemind93 said:

If they released some actual content more than once a year, and had worthwhile shit to buy,

this isn't EA with there CoD crap

17 hours ago, Gravemind93 said:

Without any actual new content though, they'll be the only ones left and even then they'll move on when they tire of the stale PvP scene.

tempesttrainer is that you?

8 hours ago, GodofKawaii said:

this isn't EA with there CoD crap

tempesttrainer is that you?

their*

Also honestly have no idea who 'tempesttrainer' is. I don't bother learning who the forum and/or game celebrities are.

And wow, totally taking my example and running it against an unfair and frankly terrible comparison. Could at least pick something from the same genre. And yeah, no shit this isn't EA and the cod-uguu, this is an MMO and MMOs release content. Platinum was teased 10 months ago, almost an entire year. And there's still tons of missing content in Gen 5. And don't even try saying I'm spreading an aura of entitlement or whatever because this content drought is in-arguably ridiculous.

On 1/1/2020 at 5:06 PM, Gravemind93 said:

their*

Also honestly have no idea who 'tempesttrainer' is. I don't bother learning who the forum and/or game celebrities are.

pft, where is da’ fun in that, babe? 

the community circle jerk & the drama that follows w/ it is part of what makes this game so great. take the ppl out of the equation, & all yew would b doin’ is playin’ pokemon & if that is all u care about u mite as well just play da’ dumpster fire gamefreak pumps out once a year lol

I've played on and off for quite some years, and the amount of activity I see in-game surprises me everytime. A seemingly never ending stream of new (and alt) players even though this game is hardly marketed. I also feel the dev team has a solid grasp on how to run this game and its current community.

I guess the game might live as long as the generations with affinity for Pokemon are alive and have free time to invest.

That said, is there still some active legal pursuit by Nintendo, or the Pokemon company or whatever? I feel that'd be the main reason for this game's lifespan to be cut short.

Edited by Solist
On 12/29/2019 at 6:17 AM, Bestfriends said:

My YouTube channels plan on existing as long as PokeMMO continues its operations.

I have quite a more optimistic view of PokeMMO's future. PokeMMO may survive 5 - 10 more decades. Look at World of Warcraft, they started in the early 2000s and they still have a following. To back my point, I am going to quote Eggplant here:

Reveal hidden contents

Also research shows us that life expectancy is increasing, so I would not be surprised if the game continues to exist.

Reveal hidden contents

PokeMMO is almost a decade old, 2022 is just around the corner.

You're comparing a multi mil company to a small dev team that invests their free time aka hobby into this game? Lol

The game lasts as long as people invest into it, that simple. How long will it last? Who knows, nothing lasts forever, well besides honey and maybe lobsters.

• 1 month later...

These days I only go on the forums to read this kind of threads as there's always one active.

For me the game peaked when me and my friends played, when there was only Kanto and some islands (if I remember correctly). The elite 4 wasn't implemented yet so everyone just hung out in victory road grinding exp on their pokemon and chatted like we were playing club penguin.

At that point, the goal of the game was just to have as filled of a pokedex as possible and the entire game was more like a treasure hunt constantly searching for "easter egg" pokemons and less like pokemon showdown but also with the the annoyance of breeding and trading. Those were the times.

As for life expectancy, it's like YIBU says, the game will live as long as the devs are enjoying developing on it and adding new stuff, regardless of how many people come and go in the process.

1 hour ago, Guldfisk said:

These days I only go on the forums to read this kind of threads as there's always one active.

For me the game peaked when me and my friends played, when there was only Kanto and some islands (if I remember correctly). The elite 4 wasn't implemented yet so everyone just hung out in victory road grinding exp on their pokemon and chatted like we were playing club penguin.

At that point, the goal of the game was just to have as filled of a pokedex as possible and the entire game was more like a treasure hunt constantly searching for "easter egg" pokemons and less like pokemon showdown but also with the the annoyance of breeding and trading. Those were the times.

As for life expectancy, it's like YIBU says, the game will live as long as the devs are enjoying developing on it and adding new stuff, regardless of how many people come and go in the process.

More like the game will live as long as its profitable to still pay for server hosting, and dedicate time to the development.

Agree on the 2k13 comment, had a lot of fun back then 

I'm not an old player, I only started last year. But the game seems a lot more alive than it did a year ago. Obviously this is from Sinnoh finally releasing, but it's been out for a month and I still log into server queues every once in awhile (usually early in the morning, probably due to Chinese population). Who knows how long this will last, but it definitely shows this game has a lot of life still in it.

I honestly think even if the English playerbase completely died out that the Chinese players would keep it alive and worth the dev's time to keep the game going for years to come.

I do believe we need some real end-game PvE content desperately though. I personally don't mind the current end-game since I'm mostly into casual PvP but from my experience with getting others to try out PokeMMO, they usually quit after they clear all of the story-lines because they're PvE players.