PokeMMO’s life expectancy.

I feel like pokemmo needs to have more updates and events to keep people regularly coming back. So often I see players (like myself) who have played for years leave for months and log back in for a day or two and then leave again because the only thing to do is stuff that has been implemented in the game since day 1, give or take a few things. I wish I could say that the community is still the same, but it really isn't. I miss this game.

That being said, I wouldn't say Pokemmo is dead. I don't think it will be completely buried for a very long time, so long as people keep logging in with hopes of something new.

I feel like the game peaked for me around the time I started (late 2017) and just tailed off from there as most of my close friends left or just got super inactive. It was a very people based experience for me in general. I still try to give back when I can to the newer people, but I doubt I’ll replicate the fun I had at the beginning. Some of it’s due the way events and features are handled, but honestly, we all have to grow up eventually lol

oh life expectancy? Whenever server costs < donation money I guess (or Nintendo cares enough to do something lol) 

The life expectancy of the game and the life expectancy of an individual's playtime isn't really the same.

Even if say, hypothetically. all players burnt out after, say, four years. They always quit.

...There's still more players. And that number of players keeps growing.

Even if it's completely different players after a while, and nobody remains that was there at the start -- the actual amount of current players has still increased.

The game will live until the devs burn out and announce that they will stop updating it.

Which will probably happen one day. Ya know. They don't live forever.

But not anytime soon.

1 hour ago, Eggplant said:

The life expectancy of the game and the life expectancy of an individual's playtime isn't really the same.

Even if say, hypothetically. all players burnt out after, say, four years. They always quit.

Even if it's completely different players after a while, and nobody remains that was there at the start -- the actual amount of current players has still increased.

The game will live until the devs burn out and announce that they will stop updating it.

Which will probably happen one day. Ya know. They don't live forever.

But not anytime soon.

This game was at it's peak in 2014/2015. Everyone was trading everything. The game was social af. 

we can say with certainty that we have reached a critical point in the development of the game:

Now developers need to figure out how to overcome the obstacle of 6th generation graphics (and in the future of 7th and 8th)

I'm curious to see what they will invent to avoid the ugliness of the various riegioni with different graphics

2 minutes ago, druido890 said:

we can say with certainty that we have reached a critical point in the development of the game:

Now developers need to figure out how to overcome the obstacle of 6th generation graphics (and in the future of 7th and 8th)

I'm curious to see what they will invent to avoid the ugliness of the various riegioni with different graphics

hell no, rather finish the existing content first and implement long promised features like hidden abiities

1 hour ago, Quakkz said:

diavolo no, piuttosto finire prima il contenuto esistente e implementare funzionalità a lungo promesse come abilità nascoste

I'm sorry for you but this is not the modus operandi( way of doing) of the pokemmo dev.
We have already seen several times that at some point in the development of an entire region, work was stopped to move to a new region.
which is not completely negative as some ppl only care about the new content of the new region (and therefore also the new pokemon and the new features of that region)
therefore to give longevity to this game (PokeMMO) you have to do as the dev do, that is a balance between implementations of new things and finish contents of old regions.
peace

Edited by druido890

My YouTube channels plan on existing as long as PokeMMO continues its operations.

I have quite a more optimistic view of PokeMMO's future. PokeMMO may survive 5 - 10 more decades. Look at World of Warcraft, they started in the early 2000s and they still have a following. To back my point, I am going to quote Eggplant here:

20 hours ago, Eggplant said:

Spoiler

Also research shows us that life expectancy is increasing, so I would not be surprised if the game continues to exist.

Spoiler

PokeMMO is almost a decade old, 2022 is just around the corner.

7 hours ago, Bestfriends said:

My YouTube channels plan on existing as long as PokeMMO continues its operations.

I have quite a more optimistic view of PokeMMO's future. PokeMMO may survive 5 - 10 more decades. Look at World of Warcraft, they started in the early 2000s and they still have a following. To back my point, I am going to quote Eggplant here:

Reveal hidden contents

Also research shows us that life expectancy is increasing, so I would not be surprised if the game continues to exist.

Reveal hidden contents

PokeMMO is almost a decade old, 2022 is just around the corner.

5-10 more decades, that’s not likely.

3 hours ago, JohanSquishy said:

5-10 more decades, that’s not likely.

I don't know about that man. Pokemmo has some clever business tactics in the game's Gift Shop. Also saw the game grow quite a bit. Pokemmo has that Disney appeal to them. If your father loves Pokemmo, then he may invite his son to play it. And the cycle begins.

most likely n0t for a long long long time.

even if gamefreak makes an official one, this game will still b more popular since gamefreak has just been making dumpster fires lately. 

also, despite all this games flaws & some of the asinine decisions the staff makes. all the other online pokemon games are basically knockoffs that sux.

so this is the best one around & has been for a long time & will probz stay that way for years 2 come 

If they released some actual content more than once a year, and had worthwhile shit to buy, I'm sure it'd last another 10 years easy because people will always want to go back to the 2D pokeymans. The autistic whales that buy the flaming heads and wings and just 'need' that extra 10% shiny luck will keep the game "alive" at least as far as money for the devs is concerned.  Without any actual new content though, they'll be the only ones left and even then they'll move on when they tire of the stale PvP scene.

I love the game and wanna support it but there's nothing worth spending IRL money for, and there is nothing to fucking do.