Team Tournament - Cup of the Year (Saturday, 11th of January)

ZcMTBWq.png

Team Tournament  Cup of the Year 2019

411da4d0dad16c8040d9b979b2217b8f.jpg

Welcome to the Official PokeMMO Team Tournament Cup of the Year 2019~

These are invitational competitive tournaments where teams can test their skill against each other.
Players battle as teams (5 at a time). Teams can switch out which members compete between rounds

This is first time for us hosting this Tournament. The invitations will be based on points that certain teams has got in 2019, explained below.

5 players from each team

The top spot will be an OU Match

Below there will be UU match

In the middle, there will be NU Match

Below, there will be Doubles Match

Bottom spot will be LC Match

Details:
8 Teams | 6v6 | Tournament Mode Duels |
Date & Time:
Saturday, 11th January  7pm UTC - 2pm ET - 8pm CET   Time Zone Converter

Starting AFTER Team Tournament of December, teams can give their team information freely here.
The deadline will be standard one hour after:

Thursday, 9th January| 7pm UTC - 2pm ET - 8pm CET   Time Zone Converter

Teams spots were calculated by a point system:

Champion: 10
2nd Place 7
Semifinal 4
Round 2 2
Round 1  

According to this point's system, teams that are allowed to play are:

NOTE:

This is chart BEFORE Team Tournament of December 2019. It will change a bit after I will take into consideration points obtained in December.

1 NORE 48
2 AW 42
3 LORD 34
4 SIA 31
5 YB 20
6 HDLM 20
7 HPX 18
8 HAX

The Reserves spots are:

9 LYLE 11
10 SLP 11
11 RE 11
12 RMW 11
13 MEGA 10
14 VVVV 10
15 COLD 10

When a draw in point's occured, I've took into consideration the places of each month that team has collected. For example, VVVV were twice in semifinal, so they are above COLD were not in semifinals twice.

Registration Rules:

-Only players who have registered are allowed to play.
-Entry must include all information below. Editing players in is allowed, up to one hour before tournament, if they were not registered to play for another team. Please inform the host of the change.

-Entry must be made by a member of the team.

-Entry must include team tag. Entries without at least team tag that are later edited, will be not taken into consideration even for reserves 

-Entry that was originally including one team, but then edited to another one, will not be counted at all. If a player who made an entry would change teams, he can't use his spot for a new team.

-Team must have at least 5 players ready to fight. Failing to meet this requirement, will result in disqualification.

Example of valid entry (edited no longer than one hour later)

[GM]

Team Name: GameMasters
Team Tag: GM
Registered Players: SecretDjinn TheChampionMike Munya
Team Captain: Munya

Team Name:
Team Tag:
Registered Players:
Team Captain:

(Note: The Team Captain is who I will be contacting if I need to relay information to your team.)
If I notice your team is an alt team, when creating the bracket and reserves list I will put that team on the last spot of reserves.

Team Players Gap: 15

Clauses:
Sleep/OHKO/Pristine/Species/Evasion/Hax Item/Bag Item/Self KO
List of Clauses and what they mean.

Prize:

The winning team will receive:
600 RP for each 5 winners

Guaranteed spot in January's TT
Entry into the PokeMMO Hall of Fame with a title of Champions of Team Tournament Cup of the Year 2019

Notes:

• Disconnecting during a match will result in a DQ.

• Do not block the Staff running the Event. If you disregard requests for you to unblock staff members then you will be disqualified.

• Once your match is called you will have 10 minutes to report to the table. No time extensions will be given.

• Teams must have 5 players for each round. If team is registered, but fails to have 3 players, 1st reserve team takes their place in bracket. 

Host:
Bearminator

Refs:

SneakyTeddi, Gilan, TheChampionMike, 

FAQ for 2020:

1. Can my team play if we change the tag?
Due to potential abuse, I don't think it will be possible. 

2. Will teams be informed about their progress during a year?

Yes, there will be a table with points for every team in the second post of every TT, to make sure teams are well aware of their situation. This year is the exception because idea and realisation came too late in 2019 to do it.

3. In case of a draw between teams, what will be taken into consideration?

Refs for TTs will count small points- It will mean more if you've won 3:0 or 2:1. In case of the rare example of the team having the exact same amount of points, small points, number of TT attended, we will take into consideration also which team was first to be in highest round, aka who was first in for example semifinal, if both teams will fail to reach the final match.
If there will be draw still, we will look at matches between those two teams and in case of a draw again, we will have a qualification match before Cup of the Year 2020.

This will be more detailed in the Summary of 2019 TTs and in January's TT thread. 

4. What about my team's effort during the whole year, if we can lose it in one final tournament?
The regular season will give the team with most points Title of Team of The Year in the Hall of Fame. 
The Team that will win the Cup will also get a spot in the hall of Fame, as winners of Cup. The simplest example of this is any football league+cup system. 

1 hour ago, Bearminator said:

Clever ^^

However, this is TT nr 13 for each year, which makes another 3000RP that will be distributed. It might sound a bit small for some of you, but I consider it another extra RP right now.

It is some extra rp you are right but considering that a team has to work a year to get into this kind of tournament, dont you think that this kind of effort should be rewarded a little bit more?

On 12/18/2019 at 4:57 PM, Kanzo said:

So we have to aggree to this shit? You know how grinding this fukin game is?? Then we have this bs! They should be fukin greatefull there stil PVP players out there who wanna give a good show on such a bs grinding game! And this is the respect they give to the community with 600 RP lmfao.

Didn't see you grind Team Tournament a lot this year tho :)) Same for Toast.

If nothing was hosted you would complain less tho and that's the point I was trying to defend. Let's take what we are given ^^

And yeah this reward is bad but after all those years did you not realize that's the case for most official events ? Complaining won't change anything

Edited by TohnR
45 minutes ago, xSparkie said:

Honestly if distributing an additional 3000RP+ is an issue then just change the prize to something else fitting to this event concept, such as pokeyen or vanities like Laz mentioned. 

In this situation, It wouldn't go past the standard TT prize, meaning the distribution will still sound small. Iirc it was like 3m for TT, we changed to flat RP cause they are worth more and no one was choosing money anyway.

650RP might sound small, but its more than 650k.

Definitely its a really low prize but being honest, these kind of events are about honor

Prize of TTs were 1m pokeyen and got buffed to 1k RP this year. And I have never seem a team playing just because they want to win that prize, most of the teams play to get their name on the thread, in other words honor

Also its a new format of event. Last years we didnt get a cup like this and I remember people asking for a 5 tiers TT, so here it is. Maybe not the way we want but its better than nothing

29 minutes ago, Bearminator said:

In this situation, It wouldn't go past the standard TT prize, meaning the distribution will still sound small. Iirc it was like 3m for TT, we changed to flat RP cause they are worth more and no one was choosing money anyway.

I was only referring to that because I didn't know if there was some limit. Out of curiosity will the upcoming TTs for next year follow the same 5v5 format as this one?

1 hour ago, xSparkie said:

I was only referring to that because I didn't know if there was some limit. Out of curiosity will the upcoming TTs for next year follow the same 5v5 format as this one?

No, for now they will stay 3 tiers.
I will check how this TT will play out and decide later, but considering all problems we had in past with players during 5-man tournaments, and incoming Sinnoh Im not so sure how we will go with tiers.

I think it's safe to assume that it will stay 3 players. 

2 hours ago, Bearminator said:

I mean I’d be more than happy to donate my candy cane that @Dibz’s dead account still holds for this event if that speeds up the response elicitation/extraction process for my item.

Edited by calidubstep