[Implemented] Move Tutors: Reteaching Moves

[quote name='Atuan' timestamp='1358899833' post='170142']
Right, casuals need the move relearner. Here I thought that was a competitive mechanic.
[/quote]
[Spoiler]
[img]http://0-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/tg/image/1345/46/1345465595208.jpg[/img][/spoiler]
Jokes aside . You are totaly correct , but that doesnt mean we shouldnt make the competitive part of the game
more aproachable to the "Casual's" . I didnt say to destroy the competitive mechanics . Just make them more available to the
people so that they want to play the game they loved as a child with a litle twist .
Obviusly it will not hurt you in what ever way , because you will have more "Super" pokemon than the rest .
So in the end much better strategy . And with that no Casual will ever be able to win against you if not by pure luck .

[quote name='Nebulae' timestamp='1358946492' post='170720']
How do you even expect anyone to take you serious
[/quote]
We are on the internet . I do not expect anything .
Also what you should care is not how people say something but the context .
And since what you said was about your freedom to promote what ever you wanted ...
i answered with something thats falsifies your saying . Since you clearly cant not promote what ever you want .

[quote name='MHDEN' timestamp='1358958803' post='170820']
Jokes aside . You are totaly correct , but that doesnt mean we shouldnt make the competitive part of the game
more aproachable to the "Casual's" . I didnt say to destroy the competitive mechanics . Just make them more available to the
people so that they want to play the game they loved as a child with a litle twist .
[/quote]

You're psychotic O.o
It takes four fricken Pokeballs to get the mushrooms. Plus it give Safari farmers something to catch while looking for those sluts.

[quote name='Atuan' timestamp='1358972021' post='170983']
You're psychotic O.o
It takes four fricken Pokeballs to get the mushrooms. Plus it give Safari farmers something to catch while looking for those sluts.
[/quote]
Then whats your problem ? If its so easy why not just let it like this . It just saves time .
You are the one that is psychotic . It does not hurt the competitive mechanics , so just let it like this and get over it ya "True gamer".

The same reason we shouldn't have TM shops or non-renewable TMs or no vitamin capacity. We want players to do something besides payday farming. Go catch some mushrooms. Go catch some stardust. Go catch some pearls. Go catch some TMs. Go do something besides running a bot to kill Pidgey for 1k each.

No .. "WE" dont .. YOU want ..
The goal of the game is to....
.... be the very best
Like no one ever was
To [b]CATCH[/b] them is my real test
To [b]TRAIN[/b] them is my cause .

I DONT SEE FARM ANYWERE!!!

Also ...
[spoiler]
You mentioned Bots ....
[img]http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lllxksJlx51qkt0a3o1_500.png[/img]
farming is the no1 reason for bots...
more farming = more bots
[/spoiler]

[quote name='Atuan' timestamp='1358981414' post='171103']
It's easier to write a script that farms money than farming multiple items...

Your arguments are constantly irrelevant.
[/quote]
Have you EVER coded in your life ?
Also i do not need to mention that there is ALREADY a bot in the game that does farming .
The devs ,GM's ,CM's .. and EVERYBODY in the freaking Safari zone know about it .
I guess for now the bot is private and not many people have it .
(Edit : ooh ... i googled ... guess what .. they are selling it )
Also because i am an engineer and i do know some things about coding .
ANYONE who knows a programing language , thats has this 3 commands .
-The command to get a pixels color from the screen So you can compare it .
-the command that give keybord inputs throught code (basicaly presses a key for you)
-and basic loops and how to compare

Can do it .. its not hard .

I am preaty sure anyone with basic programming skills will also agree with me
that making a bot is a realy simple process and you just dont know how programming works.
Basicaly i am calling you a script-kidy.

I have no idea how this thread ended up how it is now, but I love the idea in the original post. I used my Explosion move tutor and I need to be able to use it again. It's not like a TM where I can trade for the ability to use it again. There needs to be some way where it is possible to use it again. Maybe you have to give them Big Mushrooms or Big Pearls or cash, I don't care what I have to give them but I should be able to use it again.

[quote name='Selfdestructo' timestamp='1358987020' post='171168']
I have no idea how this thread ended up how it is now, but I love the idea in the original post. I used my Explosion move tutor and I need to be able to use it again. It's not like a TM where I can trade for the ability to use it again. There needs to be some way where it is possible to use it again. Maybe you have to give them Big Mushrooms or Big Pearls or cash, I don't care what I have to give them but I should be able to use it again.
[/quote]
TL:DR heh ..
ok short story

[color=#009933]>Thread is about move tutors
>marshrooms are mentioned
>thread goes around to if mashrooms should be removed from shop
>i argue to not remove them because no harm , spend less time farming
>Atuan argues about destroing game mechanics
>i say it doesnt , it just helps new plaiers be more competitive (less farming = more time to do other stuff)
>Atuan says about how they should spend less time in farming in the Safari zone and money farming and do other ,from my point of view USELESS farming instead
>i say that farming is the main reason for bots
>Atuan sais something totaly stupid about Scripts
>explain how easy it is to make bot and that he doesnt know coding[/color]

[quote name='MHDEN' timestamp='1358984945' post='171147']
Have you EVER coded in your life ?
[/quote]
The funny part is that the only mention of botting I made was that it's harder to write a bot to farm multiple things than it is to farm one thing. If you disagree with that basic fact, you have no credibility.

if(battle.payday.pp() == true)
{
battle.payday()
}
else
{
heal.script()
}

As opposed to the script that would differentiate between Paras/Parasect and other Pokemon, and PayDay, and farm Shellder, and farm Staryu, and heal. It's a simple fact.

The point is, we have two ways of getting the item. Farm a specific Pokemon that represents said item, or generic PayDay farming which is already used to get hats, vitamins, and items of all other natures. Spreading the farming around keeps things a little less repetitive, makes botting slightly harder, and gives the game a better sense of an MMO.

[spoiler]Go troll someone on 4chan if you just want to act like this.[/spoiler]

WHO CARES !
You think because you are right that the "Script" is simpler than the one that will have more pokemon in it (YOU DONT SAY!)
that someone will NOT WRITE IT OR DISTRIBUTE IT .

Also what you posted .. i dont see how that works ...its like you know the functions of the game and how the devs have coded it .
OOh look at me

while(1)
{
If(battle.capture.pokemon()==pokemon.that.iwant)
else(move.randomly.in.grass)
}

that is NOT how you make a proper bot .
Dont continue this . You clearly dont know how bots work .And you are a total script-kiddy .
And our subject is NOT how to code a bot ..

Its that THEY FREEKING EXIST and people ARE going to use them because of too much farming needed to play the dam game.
The devs have enought work load as it is .. they do NOT need another threat to the game like bots .

Also.you.are.full.of.shit();

return(my.time.to.write.this);
}

• 8 months later...

lol At this dude calling me a script kiddie when his argument was totally invalid and he doesn't have a clue.

I'm pretty sure reusable tutors are coming in the next update. Unfortunately, once again they are not listening to advice :s

• 2 weeks later...

you sir, are just as crazy as atuan. the mushrooms are a money sink, removing it will only make things WORSE for the economy.

I dont get why you guys think we need these money sinks, it wouldnt effect the economy 1 bit if everyone was walking around with $999,999 bc pokedollars have nothing to do with the pokemmo economy. Our economy atm is eggs, comps, shinys, and tms. We cant even trade pokedollars. Idt we ever will use pokedollars as the main source of currency either. Its just too easy to get with or without money sinks. Most likely the devs will create a new system of currency, and im really hop they do and soon. I hate the current egg based system, and i would hate the over inflated pokedollar system some are hoping for,

Atuan as for your suggestion that everyone seems to attack you for, im neither for nor am i against it bc to me it doesnt really matter bc mushrooms are extremely easy to get. But i have heard through the grape vines that one of the devs, i think it was desu, said that that entire berry trader was the worst mistake ever. So we may not see the entire vender in the future. Of course its just a rumor at this point and i have no proof of it, just telling you what i heard.

• 2 weeks later...

I dont get why you guys think we need these money sinks, it wouldnt effect the economy 1 bit if everyone was walking around with $999,999 bc pokedollars have nothing to do with the pokemmo economy. Our economy atm is eggs, comps, shinys, and tms. We cant even trade pokedollars. Idt we ever will use pokedollars as the main source of currency either. Its just too easy to get with or without money sinks. Most likely the devs will create a new system of currency, and im really hop they do and soon. I hate the current egg based system, and i would hate the over inflated pokedollar system some are hoping for,

Atuan as for your suggestion that everyone seems to attack you for, im neither for nor am i against it bc to me it doesnt really matter bc mushrooms are extremely easy to get. But i have heard through the grape vines that one of the devs, i think it was desu, said that that entire berry trader was the worst mistake ever. So we may not see the entire vender in the future. Of course its just a rumor at this point and i have no proof of it, just telling you what i heard.

Bahahaha boy was i wrong about this.

I feel like this should be more of maybe a weekly/monthly thing where you only get 1 use per move tutor, but a week later they reset and you can use them all again, but it doesn't stack up.

+1 Why not give money another reason to have value? I like the weekly/monthly thing, But I feel like if it's going to be reoccurring and non-stacking it should be pretty hefty (although I have no idea what that is at the moment, as the economy is still adjusting).

Also, maybe certain move tutors cost more (double-edge and swords dance for example) than others (softboiled and dream eater)?

lol

• 3 months later...