Questions about shiny breeding (time, cost, IVs)

Hey everyone, fairly new player here. So I would like to get into shiny breeding as I was told it would be the best way to get certain shiny mons I seek. But I am a bit confused by it and I have some questions:

• Regarding the time, how much does it take on average ? Because if I consider the 1/30k chance for a shiny + the time for eggs to hatch, I only find myself needing to spend several hours a day ONLY breeding on pokeMMO, for several months, to get a shiny. Surely I must be missing something, so what are the tips and tricks to make it more efficient ? (Because then my follow up question would be, you know, how to actually have a life while breeding for shinies)

• Then the matter of the cost. That many eggs require that many braces and dittos, I have seen people talking tens of millions pokedollars for this. How to get to such an amount ? Berry farming, champions farming, or tournaments maybe ? Because all of these require additional considerable time of course. Or do people simply use real money to get rich in game ?

• Final confusion, how in hell do you get 3, 4, or even 5x31 IVs shines ?? (I've seen some)  From what I understand it takes a whole lot of mons to get 5x31 IVS better mons. But do to it with shines you would need EVERY SINGLE ONE of these to be shiny as well. Just how ? Is it just luck, or do these only come as tournament rewards ? 

So here are my questions, but maybe it is just not realistic for beginner players to go for shiny hunt ? And maybe it is a several years journey to actually get the perfect shiny + good nature + good IVs pokemon ? I'm totally in the dark here so any guidance would be most welcome ! Thank you in advance !

38 minutes ago, Doodelidude said:

Regarding the time, how much does it take on average

i the odds are 1/30k, you're dependent on the odds and your luck, can be on the first breed, can be after 150k eggs too.

That many eggs require that many braces and dittos,

you dont need braces to shiny hatch.

Final confusion, how in hell do you get 3, 4, or even 5x31 IVs shines

shiny + shiny = shiny, they keep it. So its easily to get 5x31, just costly.

Hey man, I remember your other thread asking about wanting to hunt for a shiny. I don't remember which shiny is it was, but in almost all cases, breeding is less efficient than encounters just for acquiring shinies. The reason being that encounters are fast and cheap, and catching dittos to breed the same species is tedious and expensive. I came here to say that I think they led you down the wrong path and if you don't care about nature/IVs/etc. and just want your favourite mon in shiny, you should definitely do encounters and not breeding.

7 hours ago, MoxPeanut said:

Hey man, I remember your other thread asking about wanting to hunt for a shiny. I don't remember which shiny is it was, but in almost all cases, breeding is less efficient than encounters just for acquiring shinies. The reason being that encounters are fast and cheap, and catching dittos to breed the same species is tedious and expensive. I came here to say that I think they led you down the wrong path and if you don't care about nature/IVs/etc. and just want your favourite mon in shiny, you should definitely do encounters and not breeding.

This is wrong for many cases, in particular rare encounters. You wont get more ER than shiny hatches per hour. Expensive? Yes. You either value your yen or your time, no way around, either go through with hatches or take your time with encounters.

Alright, so I've been on a shiny hunt myself in this MMO for the last two years and this is everything I've learned:

• The time until you get a shiny will obviously vary, but my save is currently at 1,300 hours with ONLY the Hoenn campaign done. I spend a couple of hours each day going through boxes upon boxes of Pokémon and I always have donator status active. So be prepared for the long haul. In terms of efficiency, I don't think there's any way to be more efficient than hatching 5 at a time with a Flame Body or Magma Armor Pokémon in the lead.

• Do not use bracers, and do not use anything other than regular Pokéballs. If / When you get your shiny, you can sort out those IVs and the Pokéball of choice. How I earn the money is by catching the male breeders myself, and selling all of the 31 IV Pokémon I caught on the GTL. This usually earns me enough money to pay for the Dittos on the GTL when I need them. Other than that, yes I have spent a lot of money on reward points for extra fast hatches ( $400 according to my payment history ) but if you can avoid the temptation I would try and refrain from doing that.

• The answer to your last question is one of my favorite things implemented in this MMO. In PokéMMO if you breed a shiny Pokémon with another shiny Pokémon, the offspring will also be shiny. This is when you'll want to use your bracers and Pokéball of choice. If you reach this stage, what you'll be doing is buying shiny Pokémon of the same egg group as your Feebas ( if female ) or a shiny ditto ( if male ) and using the bracers to turn your Feebas into a 5x31 IV Pokémon. This will be expensive, but nowhere near as tedious as finding your shiny in the first place.

Hopefully this helps you in some capacity! Now if you'll excuse me, it's been 4 minutes and the eggs have most likely hatched.