Why is obligatory to have Zekrom in the team?

Nidohime15

Question

I don´t like how the game removes one of your Pokémon for Zekrom before fighting N and Ghetchis.

I want to use my own Pokémon. In the original games they allowed you to choose between changing one of your Pokémon of your team for the legendary or leave it at it is. Why not implemented said feature? It would be better for those who want a bigger challenge while still giving the chance for those who want to finish the playthrought quicker.. Also you can´t even keep the legendary anyway, so why force others to use a Pokémon they have never trained in the first place?

23 answers to this question

20 minutes ago, JohanSquishy said:

Dex entry (unless you don’t care which contradicts why I stated it in the first place). It is actually beneficial to have the dex entry, Hope that answers your question.

Really doesn’t make a difference. Since there isn’t really a benefit or reward for completing the dex

48 minutes ago, JohanSquishy said:

No its not. Btw I replied on my other account by mistake I was logged in to it on another app.

It is.

The real incentive to catching legendaries in the games is that you get to keep them and have a powerful addition to your team if you choose so.

Removing the ability to keep legendaries also removes the incentive and special nature surrounding them. Even if it makes E4 rematches easier to keep legendaries, that, also, is irrelevant. Since nobody does E4 rematches.

So unless we can keep it, there’s no reason why we should have to use it.

6 minutes ago, BoltBlades12 said:

It is.

The real incentive to catching legendaries in the games is that you get to keep them and have a powerful addition to your team if you choose so.

Removing the ability to keep legendaries also removes the incentive and special nature surrounding them. Even if it makes E4 rematches easier to keep legendaries, that, also, is irrelevant. Since nobody does E4 rematches.

So unless we can keep it, there’s no reason why we should have to use it.

Still not.

Because of the story you are playing, there are a lot of games that give you a special weapon only for the final fight I don't see any problem with how it is right now.

You are just giving up one spot in your party for Zekrom for 2 battles.

On 12/11/2019 at 4:35 PM, Umbra said:

I don't see any problem with how it is right now.

In this case, you don’t get to KEEP the special weapon(or no post game method to regain use of it again), like you do in the actual games.

That’s where the problem lies.

Edited by BoltBlades12
On 12/11/2019 at 11:04 AM, BoltBlades12 said:

Upvoted. There’s no reason to have to use the legendary if the devs are gonna be copouts and not let us keep it

1) Because catching it is a major plot point because your battle against N is a battle of ideals and not which Pokemon you want to use.

2) Letting you catch it and not use it would cause more salt than you can imagine.

3) You do get to keep it. Zekrom just becomes lazy and takes up residence in your bedroom after the battle. I guess you can say Zekrom retires after the battle.

2 hours ago, XelaKebert said:

1) Because catching it is a major plot point because your battle against N is a battle of ideals and not which Pokemon you want to use.

2) Letting you catch it and not use it would cause more salt than you can imagine.

3) You do get to keep it. Zekrom just becomes lazy and takes up residence in your bedroom after the battle. I guess you can say Zekrom retires after the battle.

Yes but also in the original games you haved the choice to put it in the team or not, so why not add that too? I want to defeat N and Ghetchis with my own Pokémon I raised, that's all I'm asking.

Edited by Nidohime15
2 hours ago, Nidohime15 said:

Yes but also in the original games you haved the choice to put it in the team or not, so why not add that too? I want to defeat N and Ghetchis with my own Pokémon I raised, that's all I'm asking.

Because you can't keep it so being forced into the encounter, which is again a major plot point, wasting the Pokeballs to capture it, and not being allowed to use it is poor design. Cutting the encounter out undercuts the major plot point of having Reshiram and Zekrom representative of the player's ideals is also poor design. The middle ground is giving you immediate access to Zekrom and placing one member of your party in the PC. You can fix which one by placing the one less critical to your strategy in the last slot of your team as Zekrom will replace that one for the battle.

3 hours ago, Nidohime15 said:

But I want to use my Pokémon, I'm just asking for giving a choice to the player, is not that hard to understand.

So what you are saying is that you'd like to waste Pokeballs on something you won't get to use later. You don't get to go back to the PC between N and Ghetsis unless you lose. So if you win it makes the capture of Zekrom a major waste. That's bad design and creates a much worse experience for the player. Capturing Zekrom is a major plot point regardless of how you view it. That is why you don't get a choice.

I'm all for it. Catching Zekrom satisfies the story purposes and adds it to the dex. No reason to force us to use it too, especially when its likely weaker than what we've already got. If it was an option to not use zekrom after catching it in the original games, then there is little reason to make us use zekrom in pokemmo. All we need is an option to decide whether or not we actually want to use zekrom after catching it. giving people an option is always good.