Encounter counter but better

PhoenixNoah

Question

We know that the current encounter counter has some issues, such as being a bit difficult to setup and counting multiple times for any battles you don't run from. It will also count non-wild encounters, but that's a minor issue in my opinion.

I propose that pokemmo either makes its own encounter such that it only counts wild encounters, and properly. Or, change the layout so that it becomes much more friendly to the current encounter counter, such as making an hp colored icon appear in 3/4 different spots for the 1/2/3/5 encounter sizes possible and doesn't make them disappear unless the battle ends, to prevent multiple counts per encounter. 

Edit: after some constructive arguing in global, the maker of the encounter counter could also add a trigger that works with "show overworld in battle" turned off. The program could check for the black background pixels that occur during the start of a battle, queue up one encounter check, and then not count again until the background pixels are no longer black. add a small delay to prevent route change from triggering this and it should work to only count battles once. 

here's a link to the current encounter counter i mentioned.

Edited by PhoenixNoah

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet