[MOD][Android Compatible] PokeMMO HQ Music Overhaul v1.0

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/4/2019 at 2:50 AM, n0etics said:

Hey everyone!

I've made a mod that overhauls almost every track in Unova, Hoenn and Kanto to add a more modern sound to the game, complete with custom tracks!

The goal was to keep compression to a minimum, so each track was sourced from 512 kbps files and will reach at least 320 kbps in-game (assuming your system can handle the extra load.) I've even edited the loops so they flow better and last longer (although many tracks still need work) and I've also made custom loops from the Pokemon Origins anime. 

And for people who are concerned about size, or who just want to change the OST for one region, I've also uploaded smaller modular packs for Kanto and Hoenn in addition to the main mod so you can customize whichever regions you'd like.

What's does this mod include?

• Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee (Kanto)
  • Heart Gold/Soul Silver (Kanto)
  • Pokemon Origins (Kanto - Bicycle Theme, Lavender Town, Champion Music, Title Screen)
  • Ultra Sun/Moon  (Sevii Islands)
  • Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire (Hoenn)
  • Zame/Pokeli/Pokemon Black & White Super Mix (Unova)
  • "Battle! Loremaster Zinnia" - ORAS (Everywhere - PvP Battle Music)
  • "Evolution" - ORAS (Everywhere - Evolution Music)
  • Android support thanks to testing by @Zebtal!

Future Updates:

• Extend loops for Unova/Kanto/Hoenn OST
  • Create/upload slightly compressed "lite" version for lower-end devices

Download links: 

(If you'd like me to upload this to another host for whatever reason, send me a DM and I'll be happy to do so.)

Enjoy!

Can you make the Download files on mediafire and share the links so i can Download it cuz on mega the Download always cancel 

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello there,

Mainly to thank and express that it is an incredible mod and gives a touch of currency and quality to the different soundtracks of the game. Thanks for creating this mod. ?

But I wanted to comment that in the battles against HOENN's gyms, the original music of the emerald is heard and not that of its remake. ?

Is this bug known, or is it the only soundtrack that doesn't work?

Thank you very much in advance,
All the best.

• 2 months later...

This....THIS...!! This is what I have been looking for since I started playing. This is the best mod I could have asked for. Thank you.

Also, mega is really limited when downloading big things so I used a colab jupyter notebook script I found on youtube to trasfer this file from MEGA to my google drive. I REALLY hope it's a safe script, I coudn't find anything particularly harmful when looking at the code, but you never know. Anyways, here's the google drive link to the mod.

MOD Link on Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1W6NCQuUAoeVAGBL2kcPUu5ny1cp-MwHY/view?usp=sharing

EDIT: This link is for PokeMMO HQ Music Overhaul  (2.42 GB)

If anyone's interested on checking the transfer from MEGA to Google Drive, I found the script on this video: https://youtu.be/xZ7kAnjGrn4

Fell free to DM me if the link vanishes or something like that, not sure if GD is going to keep it running indefinitely.

Edited by Harmonia2Side
Specified which mod file I have transferred
On 12/4/2019 at 10:50 AM, n0etics said:

Hey everyone!

I've made a mod that overhauls almost every track in Unova, Hoenn and Kanto to add a more modern sound to the game, complete with custom tracks!

The goal was to keep compression to a minimum, so each track was sourced from 512 kbps files and will reach at least 320 kbps in-game (assuming your system can handle the extra load.) I've even edited the loops so they flow better and last longer (although many tracks still need work) and I've also made custom loops from the Pokemon Origins anime. 

And for people who are concerned about size, or who just want to change the OST for one region, I've also uploaded smaller modular packs for Kanto and Hoenn in addition to the main mod so you can customize whichever regions you'd like.

What's does this mod include?

• Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee (Kanto)
  • Heart Gold/Soul Silver (Kanto)
  • Pokemon Origins (Kanto - Bicycle Theme, Lavender Town, Champion Music, Title Screen)
  • Ultra Sun/Moon  (Sevii Islands)
  • Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire (Hoenn)
  • Zame/Pokeli/Pokemon Black & White Super Mix (Unova)
  • "Battle! Loremaster Zinnia" - ORAS (Everywhere - PvP Battle Music)
  • "Evolution" - ORAS (Everywhere - Evolution Music)
  • Android support thanks to testing by @Zebtal!

Future Updates:

• Extend loops for Unova/Kanto/Hoenn OST
  • Create/upload slightly compressed "lite" version for lower-end devices

Download links: 

(If you'd like me to upload this to another host for whatever reason, send me a DM and I'll be happy to do so.)

Enjoy

What overhaul should i choose if i want it to be in all regions

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have a 14" MacBook pro M1 and with this mod, as well as basically any other sound mod I've tried, I get a slight but noticeable hiccup any time a new audio track is loaded. It is less evident when I set an extremely high fps limit (like 500+), but still there. Is this dependant on the audio files format? Or the bitrate? Does anyone else experience this?

On 1/12/2022 at 12:56 PM, n0etics said:

Hello again! I'm back from my hiatus. It seems as though my mod has been broken (at least some tracks) so I'll be taking the time to get that working, and then get Sinnoh working afterwards. No ETA, but it shouldn't take much longer than a month. To anyone who has enjoyed the mod so far, I'm glad you liked it!

Holy cheese balls . Legit never expected to see you update this ever. How ya been?... It's been a month .. almost ?

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hey all! It's been a while!

I've started working on Sinnoh and Johto pack for this mod, and I'll be updating the existing packs to work with updates that might have broken it. I also plan to use midis instead of MP4 so I can try to loop tracks, but that might take a bit longer. That said, Sinnoh and Johto should be done within the next few weeks so I'll keep you guys (and gals) posted. In the meantime, there's another HQ Music mod you can use for Sinnoh if you haven't found it already.

Edited by n0etics
  • 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Kiseru said:

What about iOS? It doesn’t work on iPhone 😞

I don't own an iPhone so unless I have a dedicated tester I can't promise anything. As for it not working on iOS currently, that would make sense seeing as I've yet to update the mod, meaning it likely doesn't work on any device, let alone iOS 😉

Edited by n0etics
On 10/26/2023 at 1:08 PM, n0etics said:

Hey all! It's been a while!

I've started working on Sinnoh and Johto pack for this mod, and I'll be updating the existing packs to work with updates that might have broken it. I also plan to use midis instead of MP4 so I can try to loop tracks, but that might take a bit longer. That said, Sinnoh and Johto should be done within the next few weeks so I'll keep you guys (and gals) posted. In the meantime, there's another HQ Music mod you can use for Sinnoh if you haven't found it already.

Thank you so much for keeping this up to date! Seeing you come back to this is actually inspiring looking forward for some Johto music

Edited by Harmonia2Side
  • 2 weeks later...

Status update! First, the bad news:

There is a lack of complete documentation for Johto tracks so I'm hunting a few down, which makes things take longer.

Additionally, looping is not possible due to client side technical shortfalls. While I can still loop the tracks manually as I've done in the past this means the mods size will be larger than I prefer and it may even cause some issues on lower-end machines.

The good news is I don't need to move forward with something I'm new at and can instead focus on identifying missing BGM IDs, sourcing a few more tracks and then splicing loops.

Edited by n0etics
On 11/26/2023 at 11:56 AM, n0etics said:

Status update! First, the bad news:

There is a lack of complete documentation for Johto tracks so I'm hunting a few down, which makes things take longer.

Additionally, looping is not possible due to client side technical shortfalls. While I can still loop the tracks manually as I've done in the past this means the mods size will be larger than I prefer and it may even cause some issues on lower-end machines.

The good news is I don't need to move forward with something I'm new at and can instead focus on identifying missing BGM IDs, sourcing a few more tracks and then splicing loops.

Excellent! Good luck with that buddy, I'll look forward to it.