[MOD][Android Compatible] PokeMMO HQ Music Overhaul v1.0

Hey everyone!

I've made a mod that overhauls almost every track in Unova, Hoenn and Kanto to add a more modern sound to the game, complete with custom tracks!

The goal was to keep compression to a minimum, so each track was sourced from 512 kbps files and will reach at least 320 kbps in-game (assuming your system can handle the extra load.) I've even edited the loops so they flow better and last longer (although many tracks still need work) and I've also made custom loops from the Pokemon Origins anime. 

And for people who are concerned about size, or who just want to change the OST for one region, I've also uploaded smaller modular packs for Kanto and Hoenn in addition to the main mod so you can customize whichever regions you'd like.

What's does this mod include?

• Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee (Kanto)
  • Heart Gold/Soul Silver (Kanto)
  • Pokemon Origins (Kanto - Bicycle Theme, Lavender Town, Champion Music, Title Screen)
  • Ultra Sun/Moon  (Sevii Islands)
  • Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire (Hoenn)
  • Zame/Pokeli/Pokemon Black & White Super Mix (Unova)
  • "Battle! Loremaster Zinnia" - ORAS (Everywhere - PvP Battle Music)
  • "Evolution" - ORAS (Everywhere - Evolution Music)
  • Android support thanks to testing by @Zebtal!

Future Updates:

• Extend loops for Unova/Kanto/Hoenn OST
  • Create/upload slightly compressed "lite" version for lower-end devices

Download links: 

(If you'd like me to upload this to another host for whatever reason, send me a DM and I'll be happy to do so.)

Enjoy!

Edited by n0etics
Edited To-Do List

I have a quick question for everyone. Would anyone be interested in seasonal mod packs which are made to be activated with each respective season of Unova and provide a more true-to-retail experience? If so, let me know! I'll likely end up doing it either way, but if there's enough interest I'll place it higher on the to-do list.

Edited by n0etics

Don't work on android :/ Need the Zip to be storage instead of compression maybe that is the problem (but that will result in a BIG mod ^^)

Beside that it's quite a good mod, Still some blank at the beginning of some tracks (even in Kanto) so you can begin a battle with no sound but without this it's really good and hard work :)

Re-EDIT : Tested unzip your mod, and rezip it in zip and Storage mode then use it on Android ! Just working ! And the file is not so bigger :
image.png.94022d72c5ee4843e7a11afab38467e5.png

Only tested the Overhaul but I'm 100% sure that if the two other are correctly zip it will works too

Edited by Zebtal
Forgot half of the post ^^ Double editing after tests
15 hours ago, Zebtal said:

Don't work on android :/ Need the Zip to be storage instead of compression maybe that is the problem (but that will result in a BIG mod ^^)

Beside that it's quite a good mod, Still some blank at the beginning of some tracks (even in Kanto) so you can begin a battle with no sound but without this it's really good and hard work :)

Re-EDIT : Tested unzip your mod, and rezip it in zip and Storage mode then use it on Android ! Just working ! And the file is not so bigger :
image.png.94022d72c5ee4843e7a11afab38467e5.png

Only tested the Overhaul but I'm 100% sure that if the two other are correctly zip it will works too

Thank you for the test result. I know that the Kanto OST shouldn't have any sort of blank space at the beginning (minus 0.10 seconds here and there, and a fade on the Bicycle song), however, so keep in mind that some of the blank space you're hearing might be caused by system hang due to the file size and compression of each track. 

7eO6b6Z.png

gTtZ8Af.png

But since we know that the mod doesn't work on Android when it's compressed anyways, and since it would be less heavy on the system to have it stored instead I'll do that with all any update from here on out. I can also go through and trim some of the tracks while working on perfecting the loops and fine tuning the ORAS tracks. That will reduce the size of tracks, making it even lighter on the system you're using.

I'll update my to-do list to include all of this but this weekend I'll be adding in the missing track for Kanto "Battle! (Trainer)", adding a bell sound to the beginning of the Bicycle track and getting Unova converted, packed and uploaded, along with reuploading the other packs in "Storage" format.

Edited by n0etics

Double post to ping you ^^
Tested on Android, seems to works, i have sometimes the blank at the beginning of the wild encounter or the trainer battle track on sevii islands, so yeah it seems to be system hang but I'dont know if it posible with Audacity to compress even more the file to avoid the long loading problems ...

Beside that (which is independant of you) it's a really graet work !

Edited by Zebtal
On 12/13/2019 at 2:47 AM, Zebtal said:

Tested on Android, seems to works, i have sometimes the blank at the beginning of the wild encounter or the trainer battle track on sevii islands, so yeah it seems to be system hang but I don't know if it possible with Audacity to compress even more the file to avoid the long loading problems ...

Great! Thanks for testing that out. I think I'll end up making a light weight mod by trimming down each tracks loop and bitrate a touch more just for lower end devices and phones. This week the plan is to finish all the loops, but I'll also see about getting those tracks compressed without losing too much quality and then upload them along with my weekly update. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Could it be uploaded somewhere else? I have problems with MEGA and download limits, and it doesn't even start downloading.
Edit: Nevermind, I somehow found a workaround for this.

Edited by CRZone
Problem solved

Good mod, but you should include another links besides MEGA because the file is largest than the free download limit.

About the songs itself:

In my opinion, using the Pokémon Origins battle themes are better options than Pokémon ORAS battle themes. You can check Pokémon Origin songs here: (some are cover)

Pokémon Origins - All Musics.

In special, any battle song from Origins is very better than the song you chosen from ORAS (in my opinion).

2028574181_PokmonOriginsSoundtrack.thumb.png.0734afedbbc25ace91e3b3dd7e2470ed.png

About making some songs play only on certain conditions I totally agree, some examples are:
Main Screen Theme - It plays while the player is still not logged-in: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dd52jjeukpM
Bycicle Theme - It plays when the player gets in a bike: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBgNEJNlb3I

Gyn Leader Battle Winner - It plays when there's only 1 Pokémon remaining from the gyn leader: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZuTcK51FEQ

Gyn Leader Battle Loser - It plays when there's only 1 Pokémon remaining from the player: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSnu5sjCfqM

Pokémon trainer battle - It plays on a trainer battle only: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZU1HEDuultc

Pokémon horde battle - It plays on a horde pokémon battle only (3 or more pokémons appears at the same time): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8G5HIJkkxU0

Rival's Encounter Theme - It plays when the rival appears on scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLlCFo0wxrE

Champion Battle Theme - It plays on any battle against a champion character: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5s4VYC9xR4

Edited by LordHenry
On 6/20/2020 at 9:51 PM, CRZone said:

Could it be uploaded somewhere else? I have problems with MEGA and download limits, and it doesn't even start downloading.

On 6/20/2020 at 9:51 PM, CRZone said:

do you hace the link to mediafire or other??????

image.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...