About donator status

BlueClaire

Question

Hello Devs,

BlueClaire here ive been playing your game for only a short time and ive realized the shiny rate is phenomenally low adding a 10% with that donator status doesnt really budge the odds of you running into a shiny pokemon at all. Im just thinking could it be bumped up to a 30% chance or so. Just throwing the option out there i mean us paying for something shouldnt only add a itsy bitsy chance onto something if im paying for it i atleast expect a higher possibility i mean the egg hatch and xp gain percentile is great dont get me wrong but that shiny rate just needs a little tweaking.. Thank you for your time reading this and have a wonderful night/day!!

11 answers to this question

Because this game is an MMO there are probably hundreds of players catching shinies a day. By increasing the rates anymore than that you're significantly lowering the value of the Pokemon themselves. Therefore it isn't as rewarding financially nor as gratifying which is the whole point in catching shinies. 

Edited by Etozuri
(。O ω O。)

The server was full at some point several months ago.Admins did not want to say what was the limit.Some people estimated it was 10000.I would also give a guess its around that.

Now while its true for 1 player finding a shiny with 1/30k odds is very low.But imagine if all 10000 players used sweet scent once.In about 20 seconds 50000 encounters the odds can almost see 2 shiny spawn.So if you look at it this way the 1/30k odds are not unreasonable for balance.

Not even counting the 1/27k odds if u have donator status.

Edited by MightyBoxer
On 12/1/2019 at 9:17 AM, BlueClaire said:

To 

Isnt that big of a change at all

You'd be surprised how much of a buff 10% can be. You also did incorrect math.

Base Rate: 1/30000 = ~0.00003333333

Current Donor Buff: 1/27000 = ~0.00003703703

Your Proposal: 1/21000 = ~0.00004761904

You may think that's a small change, but 10% in probabilities turns into a significant buff over a large period of time. There is one way to effectively increase your odds of finding a shiny and that is by farming hordes. I'll use a 5 Pokemon horde for this example. Each Pokemon in a horde has a 1/30k chance of being shiny. Using basic fractional addition you would add the numerators together and put that over the denominator. So a 5 Pokemon horde would have a 5/30k chance of having a shiny. Simplifying this would produce a 1/6k shiny rate per 5 Pokemon horde. Applying the buffs to this will yield the results below.

Base Rate: 1/6k (5/30k) = ~0.00016666666

Current Buff: 1/5400 = ~0.00018518518

Proposed Buff: 1/4200 = ~0.00023809523

It's a bit harder to quantify how much of a boost a 30% buff would be using just single encounters. This also doesn't take into effect a user who has added a Shiny Charm obtained during the recent Chinese New Year event as well. I'm not sure if there are any left on the GTL, but I believe those added a buff of 10% temporarily as well.