First time, should i start paying attention at IV and EV from the beginning?

Hello people,

i just started playing pokemmo for the first time (playing with a walkthrough) used to play in the past on my nintendo but i never payed attention on the stats. Right now i am at the fourth badge arena. I am playing in kanto and i chose a shiggy, i also evolved my eeve to joleton. My question is the following if i want to do later on pvp should i focus now on the poke wich i catch (what Iv they have). Cuz righht now i am gonna decide if ill use a growlithe or a Vulpix and i cant decide which i shhhould evolve because of their IVs.

if i want to do later on pvp should i focus now on the poke wich i catch (what Iv they have)

Others have expressed a different opinion, but I think that you should start filtering good/bad IVs now if you do plan to play endgame PvP. My reasoning for this advice is that time is limited, and you may as well try for the best IVs you can get now rather than later. I'm not sure that I'd go out of my way to catch bunches of different Pokemon until I finished each story. 

However if you're playing PvE, your PvE team doesn't need to be perfect.