Johto? Joh-no

Since 2012, I've been looking forward to seeing Gen 2 Pokemon and the Johto region make their debut on PokeMMO.
There was hope when the Hoenn region was announced, to no avail.
There was hope when some Gen 2s were seen in the wild, to no avail.
There was hope when the HG/SS Roms were required for followers, alas however, to no avail. 

I've noticed however, Gen 2 is pretty much forgotten overall outside of Pokemon Showdown (And PokeMMO) - on Consoles, Handhelds, Browsers, etc.
How come?
Gen 2 had some of the best Pokemon, and Johto was one of the most beautiful regions.
It also introduced the Time/Day Mechanic, Held Items, Berries, Breeding, and Specialized Pokeballs that we rely on so heavily these days.

So with the recent developments and updates PokeMMO has been working VERY hard with (and I couldn't be more thankful for everything you guys do and the hard work you put in), why is it that Johto has been skipped over, and what is there to say about the overall disappearance of an entire region on almost every scale?

Edit: I stand corrected on the Johto Pokemon in-game, so this OP has been updated to avoid confusion.

Edited by Atumisk

Johto overall isn't the highest priority compared to a region like Sinnoh due to the fact that every Johto Pokemon is offered either through Kanto's postgame, or is sprinkled throughout Hoenn. Squirtle has stated that this doesn't confirm or deconfirm it too, just that there's more important stuff to work on at the moment like Sinnoh. 

16 minutes ago, Raichuforyou said:

Johto overall isn't the highest priority compared to a region like Sinnoh due to the fact that every Johto Pokemon is offered either through Kanto's postgame, or is sprinkled throughout Hoenn. Squirtle has stated that this doesn't confirm or deconfirm it too, just that there's more important stuff to work on at the moment like Sinnoh. 

I sound a fool for asking, but exactly how many Johto Pokemon are there?
I've seen a few and I've beaten every region multiple times. The starters aren't available in the wild, at least as far as I know (you'd probably know better than I would).

And outside of PokeMMO, it's really been left in the dust as well in comparison to the other regions.
It's just a weird phenomenon I'm noticing.

11 minutes ago, Atumisk said:

I sound a fool for asking, but exactly how many Johto Pokemon are there?
I've seen a few and I've beaten every region multiple times. The starters aren't available in the wild, at least as far as I know (you'd probably know better than I would).

And outside of PokeMMO, it's really been left in the dust as well in comparison to the other regions.
It's just a weird phenomenon I'm noticing.

Yes the starters are available in the Hoenn Safari after you've completed the e4

15 minutes ago, SecretDjinn said:

For the record: All of them except legendaries. 

Well that makes me feel better then.
I'm glad you guys at least give Gen 2 more recognition than the franchise.
I'll be updating the post

Unrelated: I was actually discussing with my girlfriend the other day about how PokeMMO is the best Pokemon game out there because you guys have taken the time and effort to balance every mechanic to work seamlessly with every region, and the ability to travel to other regions alone puts this game on top.