Dev NPCs

BoltBlades12

Question

In some MMOs I’ve played, the devs of those MMOs had a bit of fun by putting NPCs that represent them into the game. Essentially “putting themselves into the game”. And if you find them, you either get a reward or unlock a mini-game that gets you an awesome reward.

What we should have is Dev NPCs that can be found on MMO and battled, like Morimoto, with similar difficulty and rewards. And potentially a similar cooldown time.

6 answers to this question

18 minutes ago, Malorne said:

Rather than just devs, make it staff in general (aside from community managers coz they're basically trials)

Would create continuity errors to a degree if we did the whole staff.

Ex: We see LeZenor oversee many catching contest. Imagine an NPC of him and having him online both at once.

That’s why I say just the devs, since they’re never on the game itself.

1 minute ago, BoltBlades12 said:

We see LeZenor oversee many catching contest. Imagine an NPC of him and having him online both at once.

Thats easily avoidable, you either change the npc name color or dont host an event where that npc might be.

On 11/18/2019 at 11:26 PM, BoltBlades12 said:

Ex: We see LeZenor oversee many catching contest. Imagine an NPC of him and having him online both at once.

Lol that'd be fun xD

Adding just the upper echelons of the staff in remote locations can't be bad right? I mean with a few workarounds it could work and will be really fun

There are 2 things I can think of. 1: Make a hidden area for it. This would be like in Final Fantasy 4 with the dev team hidden in the game.

2: Replace the Game Freak area with "PokeMMO" area. This would probably require the least amount of work for games that have them, as it would be adding/changing dialog to characters instead of making a whole new area.