EXP Share

Just access this page, open the walkthroughs, and Ctrl+F the item you're looking for (exp. share)

32 minutes ago, Storidic said:

How do EXP shares work in this

By the way, works like in the original games, you give it to the Pokémon you want to get 50% of the exp points and keep the strongest Pokémon as lead of your party while battling.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/8/2019 at 11:36 PM, Storidic said:

can I get them through the progression of the game, or do I need to buy them?

The Exp. Share can be found in

Fuschia (Kanto),

Rustboro (Hoenn - after finding Steven Stone in Dewford and talking to the President in Rustboro)

Castelia City (Unova)

14 hours ago, 6969696969696969 said:

There are 2 exp shares in Unova btw, so four in game 

Yes, One in Castelia City and one at the Pokemon Fan Club in Icirrus City. I think you must bring the president a Pokemon that has grown at least 25 levels since acquired to get the exp share.

6 hours ago, RevzSM said:

Yes, One in Castelia City and one at the Pokemon Fan Club in Icirrus City. I think you must bring the president a Pokemon that has grown at least 25 levels since acquired to get the exp share.

I thought too many levels would get you another item though. 25 levels sounds safe.

13 hours ago, Eternith said:

Aight. 

Passive aggressive much? I was just trying to help, sorry.

2 hours ago, 6969696969696969 said:

I thought too many levels would get you another item though. 25 levels sounds safe.

Passive aggressive much? I was just trying to help, sorry.

how do you turn a 5 letter word into someone being passive aggressive lol

2 minutes ago, AustinMMO said:

how do you turn a 5 letter word into someone being passive aggressive lol

You never know what true fear that Eternith has to offer, so be careful.

On topic, Exp Shares can be obtained in the story modes by the following methods:

Kanto = You need to have 50 Caught Pokemon registered in your dex. Once you did that, then go speak with the Scientist to the right of Futchia City at the top of the lookout building and he should give you the Exp. Share.

Hoenn = First, you need to deliver the Letter that Mr. Stone gave you to his son Steven which you will meet in Granite Cave. Once you did that, then go back to the Dev Corp in Rustboro City and speak with him to obtain your Exp. Share.

Unova = Actually, there are two Exp. Shares here: a) You will need to battle all the trainers in the Battle Company. Once you battle all the trainers, then you will receive an Exp. Share as a reward. b) In Icirrus City by the Gym, you should see a house. Go inside the house and speak with the older gentleman. Make sure to show him a pokemon that has gained 25 - 49 levels to obtain the Exp Share.

As for the functionality of the item, I feel that @CommanderBlue has explained it pretty well:

On 11/8/2019 at 4:52 PM, CommanderBlue said:

By the way, works like in the original games, you give it to the Pokémon you want to get 50% of the exp points and keep the strongest Pokémon as lead of your party while battling.