Non-uber legendaries.

GaloisField

Question

I understand there are lots of reasons why we don't have OPs like Mew2 or Kyogre. But I find it weird that we can't catch likes of Articuno or Entei, I bet they wouldn't even be OU. They wouldn't lead to any drop in difficulty or time consumption of gym and e4 runs.

25 answers to this question

1 hour ago, levantinh said:

Yeah the trio legendary dog and legendary bird basestat is only 580, lower than the pseudo-legendary so I don't see why we can't have them. 

Articuno, zapdos, suicune and raikou are pretty cool tho, sadly their fire counterparts are not as hype.

15 minutes ago, suigin said:

We'll eventually have them with the implementation of legendary dungeons, please be patient.

2025 release date?

10 hours ago, GaloisField said:

But I find it weird that we can't catch likes of Articuno or Entei, I bet they wouldn't even be OU.

Competitive community doesn't make up the majority of the playerbase here so I don't think they have stopped the release because of that, and like you said they're weak anyway.

They have aesthetic value for being legendary Pokémons. Them not being obtainable maintains that rarity value & keeps an option open to make them obtainable through whatever time sink PvE means they have planned in future (dungeons).

5 hours ago, Spxter said:

what i wanna say: he is worth it in OU, not saying he is UBER - he is a better arcanine (cuz @GaloisField said he probally wouldnt even be OU lol)

OmegaLUL, how is he a better Arcanine? Worse ability, worse moveset, worse overall versatility. Entei would probably be banned from UU, but there would be NO incentive to use him in OU when Arcanine exists.

10 hours ago, Akshit said:

They have aesthetic value for being legendary Pokémons. Them not being obtainable maintains that rarity value & keeps an option open to make them obtainable through whatever time sink PvE means they have planned in future (dungeons).

That aesthetic maybe existed in vanilla games, but so did for Tyranitar for example (not obtainable before postgame). Their so called "rarity value" is not worth preserving, becouse they simply don't exist now. And please don't make me laugh by taking about "future". It's a total meme here.

19 minutes ago, GaloisField said:

OmegaLUL, how is he a better Arcanine? Worse ability, worse moveset, worse overall versatility. Entei would probably be banned from UU, but there would be NO incentive to use him in OU when Arcanine exists.

Unlike Arcanine, Entei has access to Stone Edge, which prevent mons like Pelipper or Aero from getting safe switch-ins

11 hours ago, Akshit said:

There's 52 legendaries in existence now. The term "legendary" doesn't have near as much impact and meaning as it did back when it was just the 3 birds, Mewtwo, and Mew(which made it more understandable that nobody had legendaries back when MMO was just Kanto). And trying to maintain that "value" is not only a bad idea, but terrible game design.

25 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

It's entirely possible to just say "yes, you're right," you know. No one is forcing you to defend Calm Mind Entei and discredit yourself even further lol

You haven't heard of the rest-sleep talk-calm mind-eruption entei set?

smh, how were you ever part of the Tier Council

21 hours ago, BoltBlades12 said:

Unlike Arcanine, Entei has access to Stone Edge, which prevent mons like Pelipper or Aero from getting safe switch-ins

Stone Edge is pretty important for coverage indeed since Arcanine struggles a lot against Dnite and Mence. Wild Charge will be much better against Pelipper and Tentacruel tho.

8 hours ago, gbwead said:

Stone Edge is pretty important for coverage indeed since Arcanine struggles a lot against Dnite and Mence. Wild Charge will be much better against Pelipper and Tentacruel tho.

Yes. Though I kinda butchered naming what it counters well against. My bad ^^;

I know that Entei gets Stone Edge, whereas Arcanine does not. But I named the wrong important counters.

Regardless, Stone Edge is definitely a significant difference between Arcanine and Entei

Edited by BoltBlades12