Halloween Event Ended earlier?!

Well... the title is simple...

Why did the halloween event end on the 4th instead of the 5th? In the halloween news post it said clearly that the halloween event would end on the 5th, not the 4th, or is my game bugged and the event is not working just for me?

Many people have been harmed by being caught off guard, especially for those who spent money on special candy to kill.

Halloween 2019

• PokeMMO's Halloween event has returned for 2019! This event will run from October 30th to November 5th
  • Beat up children to steal their candy. Feed the pumpkin to win a prize, or lose trying!
  • Special wild ghosts have been spotted in Unova, with higher IVs and a chance at being bestowed with a particle unique to Halloween 2019.

58 minutes ago, MatheusEdu7B said:

Why did the halloween event end on the 4th instead of the 5th? In the halloween news post it said clearly that the halloween event would end on the 5th, not the 4th, or is my game bugged and the event is not working just for me?

Many people have been harmed by being caught off guard, especially for those who spent money on special candy to kill.

Technically, the event is still not over. You can turn in your candy for Goodie Bags. When the pumpkins vanish, then you know that the event is truly over (If I recall, the boss fights end earlier than the Goodie Bag transformations).

2acbf40b8f1c21104908a7b48cda575a.png

1 hour ago, Bestfriends said:

Technically, the event is still not over. You can turn in your candy for Goodie Bags. When the pumpkins vanish, then you know that the event is truly over (If I recall, the boss fights end earlier than the Goodie Bag transformations).

2acbf40b8f1c21104908a7b48cda575a.png

The point is, no one was warned that the boss would stop working before the event was over, that was the problem.

5 hours ago, MatheusEdu7B said:

I wasnt logged in at that time but it seems to me it ended on 5th at 00:01 am UTC, which somehow is logical. Keeping your special candys until 4th November 11pm was a greedy risk.

5 minutes ago, Bubaili said:

I wasnt logged in at that time but it seems to me it ended on 5th at 00:01 am UTC, which somehow is logical. Keeping your special candys until 4th November 11pm was a greedy risk.

I'm not quite sure what timezone mods work at, but it's definitely not UTC. When things are released, and they give a date, it's ALWAYS (as far as I remember) the next day for me (GMT). It was barely the 5th when the event ended, it was early. 

3 minutes ago, hannahtaylor said:

I'm not quite sure what timezone mods work at, but it's definitely not UTC. When things are released, and they give a date, it's ALWAYS (as far as I remember) the next day for me (GMT). It was barely the 5th when the event ended, it was early. 

I'm at UTC +7, I went to sleep around 11pm, event was still on, so i made a guess. Admins maybe used Chinese time zone (which is close to mine). Anyway the point is it was 5th somewhere in the world. 

1 minute ago, Bubaili said:

I'm at UTC +7, I went to sleep around 11pm, event was still on, so i made a guess. Admins maybe used Chinese time zone (which is close to mine). Anyway the point is it was 5th somewhere in the world. 

The event is not over yet. We still have the Particles section of the event in play. Its not truly over until you see the pumpkins in game disappear.

3 minutes ago, Bestfriends said:

The event is not over yet. We still have the Particles section of the event in play. Its not truly over until you see the pumpkins in game disappear.

Well the main part of the event is finished tho (pumpking, children).

This topic was about Pumpking and special candys from the beginning, not about particles.

Edited by Bubaili
1 hour ago, hannahtaylor said:

@Bubaili is right, it did last exactly until midnight UTC, so the start of the 5th of november so it fits the announcement that "This event will run from October 30th to November 5th"
(Battling the Pumpking was also enabled at midnight UTC between the 30th and 31st of october iirc)

i want to say, events are losing the real fun,many players are very '' hard-working'' which makes me feel pressure,if i cant follow them or ''work hard''  as they do i feel like i missed a lot. Events now are all about earning money and comparing.There are even monopolistic pumpkin strategy teams this year, i respect their labor achievements, understand but don't like their monopoly behavior.

So why dont we make players not ''work so hard'' and enjoy the event itself.

Like the updates of berries, i just plant what i need now.

3 minutes ago, BlueNose said:

Events now are all about earning money and comparing.There are even monopolistic pumpkin strategy teams this year, i respect their labor achievements, understand but don't like their monopoly behavior.

Well, the only thing that truly matters on PokeMMO is the economy. Not the gameplay, not the experience, not the playerbase, but the economy.

You could have one of the greatest idea's for the game(or one of the worst), but if it affects the economy in ANY way, it's an automatic "no"

To put it in brief, here on Pokemmo: Economy > Playerbase, Gameplay, Experience. When it should be the other way around

So with that put into perspective, it only makes sense why people would do that.

18 minutes ago, BoltBlades12 said:

Well, the only thing that truly matters on PokeMMO is the economy. Not the gameplay, not the experience, not the playerbase, but the economy.

The economy plays a vital role in all of the above, providing worthwhile reward for players and ensuring stable prices for the commodities they obtain and sell, hence it should not be be disregarded.

1 hour ago, Darkshade said:

The economy plays a vital role in all of the above, providing worthwhile reward for players and ensuring stable prices for the commodities they obtain and sell, hence it should not be be disregarded.

Yeh I see people selling shinies with that particle or comps for double the price now including the vanities. I mean so many vanities were obtained and they became so cheap that big whales started buying them all which results in them creating the market price for them. Tbf I bet that 95% of chinese players are sitting on most of the yen so there is no balancing.

22 hours ago, BoltBlades12 said:

You could have one of the greatest idea's for the game(or one of the worst), but if it affects the economy in ANY way, it's an automatic "no"

To put it in brief, here on Pokemmo: Economy > Playerbase, Gameplay, Experience. When it should be the other way around

So with that put into perspective, it only makes sense why people would do that.

Can I have some of that salt on my fries?