Lower sign-up fee on lower seat CC tournaments

hannahtaylor

Question

19 answers to this question

The BP entry fee was increased to 1000 to account for the pokemon being added to the prize pool, at that time 16 man tournaments did not exist.  In order to allow 16 man tournaments to keep the same money prize value as the 32 player counterpart, the 1000 BP entry fee had to stay and the pokemon sacrificed.

6 hours ago, Munya said:

The BP entry fee was increased to 1000 to account for the pokemon being added to the prize pool, at that time 16 man tournaments did not exist.  In order to allow 16 man tournaments to keep the same money prize value as the 32 player counterpart, the 1000 BP entry fee had to stay and the pokemon sacrificed.

Its not even a viable justification. The entry shouldnt even be BP to start with as lower tiers are dead in MM and you guys care little to nothing about it. Make is a pokeyen fee instead and everything is solved.

14 hours ago, Munya said:

So then I hope you guys with BP gained from tour do another good tours. Stop the tours for normals mons. You lit are killing the pvp scene

40 minutes ago, Xigbar said:

So then I hope you guys with BP gained from tour do another good tours. Stop the tours for normals mons. You lit are killing the pvp scene

What, CCs have never been anything but normal mons(before they were normal mons, there were none at all), they have no effect on other tournaments, what are you even trying to get at

2 minutes ago, Munya said:

What, CCs have never been anything but normal mons(before they were normal mons, there were none at all), they have no effect on other tournaments, what are you even trying to get at

Low the cost on CC then have no sense to make  CC Ou tournament and 1 or 2 days after that make an Ou tournament for a normal gengar. Whats the difference between both tours? the ivs? dont find any other difference. Why u keep doing that kind of tours? A lot of shiny existence mon u have in have, more than 400 mons and u keep doing for the same normal mons each official tour.

I dont find a difference between a CC and other tournaments anymore.

On 11/1/2019 at 2:53 PM, Munya said:

CC's don't stop other tournaments from happening is the difference, because they have an entry fee I am able to hold them without effecting how many other tournaments can be held, the alternative to having an entry fee is CC's don't happen at all.

What exactly are you basing the value of BP on though? How much pokeyen would you equate 1000BP to?

11 hours ago, Munya said:

I'm basing it on the value of holding tournaments that don't effect other tournaments.

??? What

Sorry munya but can you please find me a single viable point for the whole bp vs pokeyen fee, on which it shows any positive aspect to forcing players to play OU even if they hate the tier, or beat the very fun and interactive pvm system over and over, just so they can take part in a LC tournament?

4 minutes ago, razimove said:

??? What

Sorry munya but can you please find me a single viable point for the whole bp vs pokeyen fee, on which it shows any positive aspect to forcing players to play OU even if they hate the tier, or beat the very fun and interactive pvm system over and over, just so they can take part in a LC tournament?

If it were to change to gold, the very fun and interactive pvm system you yourself mentioned would be the only means of signing up, with BP, you have the option to actually PvP to get your signup fee, makes absolute sense that you can PvP to PvP

6 minutes ago, Munya said:

If it were to change to gold, the very fun and interactive pvm system you yourself mentioned would be the only means of signing up, with BP, you have the option to actually PvP to get your signup fee, makes absolute sense that you can PvP to PvP

This is the thing, I see 3 viable solutions, each with pretty decent value to the game and his health imo.

. Introduce a npc that allows the exchange pokeyen:bp, no yen:bp. This would combat the inflaction, while letting other players do their thing without being forced to do fun and interactive pvm or take part into the dull OU meta. More ways to burn new cash is nice.

. Improve matchmaking, create incentives to boost lower tiers.

.Either rework BP, place a yen fee in case the person lacks BP, or just completely remove BP cost on CCs, the second here, you could even go bonkers in the bp:yen ratio, I wouldnt have a problem paying 40k/fee to join a LC tour, which is slightly about twice the 1k bp fee in current value, 265bp:5kyen.

Edited by razimove
4 hours ago, Munya said:

I think people wants more shiny prize mons tournament the number of CC's and normal tournaments are just ridiculous. btw i was one of the ones that said give mons before increase the bp to 1k, but i wansn't specting staff to lower the cash from 1m which it was the prize at that time to 500k and untradeable comp. if you do that its better to reduce the bp entrance in a much better case is not worth playing an entire tournament for such a prize.

Okay but compare the BP cost of breeding braces vs the yen cost. The conversion rate between those vs what you claimed the entry fee would be if it was yen (last time a similar suggestion was made) is crazy different. So I'm curious, what is the conversion rate you use? Your answer doesn't make much sense.

My conversion rate is based on what is allowed, and I'm not willing to change it every time prices fluctuate a little bit anyways, as then it becomes a nightmare to set up and I would just rather not set them up at all unfortunately.

6 hours ago, Munya said:

My conversion rate is based on what is allowed, and I'm not willing to change it every time prices fluctuate a little bit anyways, as then it becomes a nightmare to set up and I would just rather not set them up at all unfortunately.

May I ask you, if you guys even collect data, to show me a graphic on the price range vitamins have had over the course of the last year please? Normal vitamins not super/hyper ones. Cause vitamins is as accurate as you can get to battle points value any day of the week.

Edited by razimove

Prices for breeding items are set in stone and don't fluctuate since they're sold by NPCs, so I don't see what the issue with using that as a reliable conversion rate would be.

11 hours ago, Munya said:

Dude, I don't know where you even got the idea there is a conversion rate, if you are basing it on:

12 hours ago, Munya said:

My conversion rate is based on what is allowed

That was not meant as there is an actual conversion rate, just what allows the tournament to be held without effecting other events, and its not changing, as 1000 BP is not even that difficult to come by.  2-3 runs of BF, 2? matchmaking wins, 1 elite 4 clear gets you enough to signup for 2 CC's, its not a difficult task and the prize is far greater than the value of 1000 BP.  The entry fee isn't changing.

35 minutes ago, Munya said:

Dude, I don't know where you even got the idea there is a conversion rate, if you are basing it on:

That was not meant as there is an actual conversion rate, just what allows the tournament to be held without effecting other events, and its not changing, as 1000 BP is not even that difficult to come by.  2-3 runs of BF, 2? matchmaking wins, 1 elite 4 clear gets you enough to signup for 2 CC's, its not a difficult task and the prize is far greater than the value of 1000 BP.  The entry fee isn't changing.

Look, dont even try to justify through pvm, as most of the competitive community wont give 2 fuks about it.

About pvp now, go and find me 2 matches on the lower tiers. Do you really find fair as a justification to force a NU player to actually build and play OU? Or even UU for that matter.

You're trying to justify something with no viable justification or even ground to be flexible about. BP has Yen value, vitamins hold the best ratio, as they always did so yes its a viable example for you to get a good yen bp ratio, if you want a fixed value, you can also use the overpriced BP value of the braces that only hold NPC standard values, like Dibz gave as example. 

Edited by razimove