Halloween Event Guide & FAQ: All you need to know!

How to rob kids and steal their candy this spooky season!

It's the night before Halloween, a lot of you decide to celebrate it the good ol' fashioned way: by logging into MMO to tell Global chat about how badly you want to beat up some kids and steal their candy because no one will let you trick or treat. But instead, you're hit with a flood of messages on Global, everyone going crazy and something about a "buster". Wut? Little do you know, your dreams are about to come true. Live out your Halloween urges by bullying some virtual children and showing them who the real candy-king is. Maybe give that masochistic side of yours a treat too, you know, the one that fuels your decisions to shiny hunt and subject yourself to battle RNG, by getting your dreams crushed by a supernatural Pumpkin. Here's all you need to know about wtf is going on this spooky season and what all the spam is about.

Heck this FAQ, take me to the guide!

Okay then, click any of these to skip the FAQ I painstakingly wrote:

Items, Wild Pokemon, Particles, Prizes and Rewards

Trick-or-Treaters

Pumpking Battle(s)

aGfePpa.png

Section 1: FAQ

Wtf is going on?

You're probably too old to trick or treat and you're not too happy about that. So the devs decided this would be a good outlet for that pent up anger. There are four trick-or-treaters running around Unova, and your job is to let them make the rounds collecting candy and bully them into giving that candy to you whenever you do. The four trick-or-treaters are dressed as a Ghost, Witch, Vampire and a [Ghost]Buster. Once you get enough candy, pay a visit to the Pumpking in Driftveil City and feed him to obtain some goodies in exchange! 
There are also
wild Pokemon in the overworld who can have really good IVs and one of two particle effects!

P.S. Pickup farming during the Halloween event might result in some surprise items!

What?
The trick-or-treaters change location every 10 minutes while wild overworld Pokemon change locations every 15 minutes. The kids have 6-pokemon teams that seem to scale to the level of yours, and beating them will usually give you Spooky Candy, and occasionally some Special Candy. Pumpking is the giant pumpkin you see pictured above, you can feed it 5 Spooky Candy for a Goodie Bag and 1 Special Candy for a chance to fight it, beating which will give you other prizes depending on how well you do.

????????

Okay let's break it down, first, the trick-or-treaters:

• Keep an eye out on Global chat, because no matter what language channel you use, everyone seems to be working together to locate the trick-or-treaters while someone keeps track of the time till the locations reset as well as where each NPC is (give those guys some candy for their efforts, legit, it's so much work).
  • You can only get one candy from each trick-or-treater per round, so if, for example, the vampire is in 2 locations one round, you can only bully him once, which is understandable since he has a limited candy supply because you keep stealing from him smh.
  • They don't give any EXP or money this time round, just candy. 
  • Their Pokemon can be any level between 34 and 84, scaled to your team's strongest Pokemon.
  • I'll post their teams really soon! Their teams are pretty random but also easy to sweep.

Particle Pokemon:

• Every 15 minutes, a flock of ghost Pokemon can be found in a random location, these Pokemon have higher chances than normal encounters to have good IVs and a particle effect.
  • The two particles that can be found in the wild are the Pungent Stench Particle Effect and the Witch's Haze Particle Effect.
  • You can see if the wild Pokemon has a particle in the battle intro, the animation will play if they have a particle effect on them.
  • Yes, these particles will be passed down to the offspring when breeding.
  • That's the only way to transfer particles, you can't remove them from a Pokemon that already has them, but you can cross-breed them to pass them onto Pokemon of another egg group.
  • Yes, they can be shiny. No, the chances of them being shiny aren't boosted. SRIF
  • Keep an eye out on Global for their locations too!
  • Scroll down to "Other Questions" if you don't know what a Particle effect is.

Pumpking:
The head honcho of nightmares, Pumpking is sleeping cozy in Driftveil taking up precious afk space and the only way you can convince him to move is by feeding him candy.

• 5 Spooky Candy = 1 Goodie Bag
  • 1 Special Candy gets him hungrier, he sees you as candy and attacks!
  • No, you can't catch him.
  • You can't sketch his moves either.
  • It's a triple battle.
  • There are 3 back to back battles, getting more difficult each time and yielding better prizes every round.
  • You don't heal between battles.
  • I'll detail the battles and ways to beat him in the Guide section, so read on!

Goodie Bags:

• You get normal Goodie Bags by feeding Pumpking 5x Spooky Candy.
  • You get 5x Goodie Bags and a Pinstripe Suit for defeating Pumpking in normal mode and 12x Pumpking Goodie Bags and exclusive particles for your entire team for hard mode.
  • Special items the normal goodie bags contain include the Pumpkin Costume, Pumpkin Cap, Kaiju Costume and Kaiju Hood vanities, three event particle effects in item form (Pumpking's Delight, Pungent Stench and Witch's Haze), as well as the Ghost, Cat, Bat and Pumpkin Cookies. But more often than not you're more likely to get filler items like different kinds of Pokeballs (Premier Balls can only be obtained from event prizes like this), shards, gems, other sweet treats like lava cookies, or simply a potion or 3.
  • I'll post images and details for each of these special items soon.

Other Questions

What is a particle?
A particle is a cosmetic effect that plays when you send a Pokemon out into battle. They can be obtained as event rewards (item drops from prizes such as Halloween Goodie Bags) or from Event Pokemon who have the particle effect. In item form, you simply navigate to the particle in your bag and use it, selecting to Pokemon you want to give it to. If a Pokemon already has a particle, you cannot extract it from the Pokemon. But worry not, particles always pass on to the offspring when bred, so with cross-breeding, all your future non-genderless Pokemon can have these particles! Refer to this guide if you need help planning a cross breed.

Why can't I play the event?
You need at least 4 badges in Unova to be able to participate in the event.

Help, my Pokemon keep killing themselves when I try to do the event!

That simply means your level cap in Unova isn't high enough for the Pokemon you're trying to use for the event. Check your Trainer Card (in the menu, or press C on your keyboard) to see your level cap.

There is no one posting the every-30-seconds update on Global, is the event over?

Nope, the event's on till November 5th! The people doing these updates are simply doing it out of the goodness of their hearts and to help everyone, they're not robots. They're probably doing human things like eating, sleeping, uh, and whatever other human things you humans we do. It'll be a bit harder keeping track of things when no one's doing that though, so you could take the reins and do it yourself! Here's a little template you can copy, with locations replacing the "?"s as they're discovered:

Buster: ? || Ghost: ? || Vampire: ? || Witch: ? || Particlemons: ?

From then till the next reset, just hit the UP arrow in chat to repeat or edit your last message!

Guide, details and strats coming soon

P.S. Buff Pumpking

P.P.S. #FreeDibz

Pumprincess.png

Special mentions and big thank you's to:

@MightyBoxer and Mayor @Bestfriends for letting me cross-reference my notes with theirs.

IGNs Phatedfool, Silh, SulfuricSul, ReinerY, @calidubstep and @xxxIUxxx for answering some questions I couldn't answer myself.

@DemonicDax for constantly threatening my safety in my own home so I hurry and finish this guide and make him some bread.

Devs, Rache and Darkshade for the event itself. Not sure what new thing can be attributed to who but you guys outdid yourselves this time!

Now buff Pumpking pls.

Edited by Dibz
27 minutes ago, Dibz said:

Got the FAQ bit done, going to be adding hella details and pictures, as well as a couple videos in the next hour, sorry it took so long and thanks for your patience!

Thanks so much for putting the effort in.

Follow up question, what do you get for beating the hard version of pumpking?

5 hours ago, DaiLoDong said:

Thanks so much for putting the effort in.

Follow up question, what do you get for beating the hard version of pumpking?

12 pumpking goodie bags and your whole team gets Pumpkid's Treat Particle Effect! I'll include that in the coming update

Edited by Dibz
7 hours ago, Dibz said:

in the next hour

LMAO

Okay but I finally put everything together, get ready for everything you could possibly need to know! I'll paste it all here and format it once I'm back from classes tomorrow :) 

Edited by Dibz

Items, Pokemon, Rewards and Vanities

This is the part of the guide that details everything in the event. Let's start with the special wild Pokemon in this game:

• Their locations change every 15 minutes.
  • If you catch, faint or run from one, it does not respawn in that same round.
  • They have a higher chance than regular wild Pokemon a having good IVs.
  • They seem to have a 15-20% chance of having a particle effect.
  • They can hold Spooky or Special Candy, or any of the four cookies found in this event.
  • The species that spawn are either a flock of Drifloon, Duskull, Gastly, Misdreavus or Shuppet that are all level 30.
  • You simply walk up to them and press A to start the battle. If the round is over they'll just say "shikikiki" and disappear.

List of spawn locations for flocks:

Spoiler
  • Route 1
  • Pinwheel Forest
  • Route 3 (west near wellspring cave)
  • Route 3 (dark grass area)
  • Outside Pinwheel forest
  • Pinwheel Forest (first meadow on the left when you enter)
  • Deep inside Pinwheel forest (keep going through that meadow)
  • Entrance to Skyarrow Bridge (Above Pinwheel)
  • Route 15
  • Route 5
  • Cold Storage
  • Twist Mountain
  • Route 9
  • Route 12
  • Route 13
  • P2 Laboratory

Halloween 2019 Particles

erfZLvC.pngPungent Stench Particle EffecterfZLvC.png

Spoiler

Space for preview coming soon™

GO39J0q.pngWitch's Haze Particle EffectGO39J0q.png

Spoiler

DvvwBjZ.pngPumpking's Delight Particle EffectDvvwBjZ.png

(Not exclusive to this year)

Spoiler

w3FZ4yo.pngPumpkid's Treat Particle Effectw3FZ4yo.png

(Given to your entire team when you defeat all 3 stages of Pumpking in Hard Mode)

Spoiler

PCBFNRa.pngBats Particle EffectPCBFNRa.png

Seasonal Effect

(Gift Shop Exclusive)

Spoiler

New items!

Cat Cookie nR6I9JO.png

In normal battles, it heals 25% HP and causes a Sugar Rush

When battling Pumpking, it doubles your team's speed for 4 turns

Bat Cookie 2QnkOrj.png

In normal battles, heals 25% HP and causes a Sugar Rush

When battling Pumpking, it gives your active team the Liquid Ooze ability for 5 turns

Broom Cookie Zxqn6GA.png

When battling Pumpking, it gets rid of all stat modifications in the field

Ghost Cookie G7VVjSR.png

When battling Pumpking, it heals your active team of all status conditions

Pumpkin Cookie ljkGQ60.png

Heals your active team's HP by 33% each while battling Pumpking

New vanities!

Black Pinstripe SuitAE0I5Pn.png

Untradeable

Obtained when you defeat all three stages of Pumpking in easy mode

Spoiler

JqOoZo1.png

3Js8tUq.png%20 Kaiju Hood and Costume qGLq6ZK.png z2QivqW.png

Can be obtained from both kinds of Goodie Bags

Spoiler

caLeVhH.png   hG2MSiz.png

5HWg5aV.pngPumpkin Cap and Costume cMU8L6a.png

Can be obtained from both kinds of Goodie Bags

Spoiler

EgQG7aQ.png  KOjRSih.png

Gift Shop Exclusives:

PsNDDgz.pngHex CloakPsNDDgz.png

(Seasonal)

Spoiler

iTarGqR.png

Black_Plague_Doctor_Mask_Overworld.gifBlack Plague Doctor's MaskBlack_Plague_Doctor_Mask_Overworld.gif

(2019 Exclusive)

Spoiler

Black_Plague_Doctor_Mask_Profile.png?fuc

White_Plague_Doctor_Mask_Overworld.gifWhite Plague Doctor's MaskWhite_Plague_Doctor_Mask_Overworld.gif

(2019 Exclusive)

Spoiler

White_Plague_Doctor_Mask_Profile.png

Ghostly_Pointed_Hat_Overworld.pngGhostly Pointed Hat                                      

(Seasonal)

Spoiler

Ghostly_Pointed_Hat_Profile_Male.png

Edited by Dibz

r0A7TTT.gif

Let's Beat up some Kids!

WpQzmOl.pngZfESmj4.pngrO1xQEU.pngQFcWqVS.png

Every round has 3 active trick-or-treaters at a time. I was going to detail their teams but then I realized it doesn't really matter because they have no set theme and alternate between four sets of Pokemon per kid. So here's my advice on how to beat them:

SWEEP!

Use your best and fastest sweepers. Don't let them get even one move in. Pokemon with Moxie, a Kingdra, Togekiss or Jolteon are some suggestions off the top of my head, but that should be enough to give you an idea of the best way to beat them. Oh just keep in mind that they can have Hidden Abilities, Pokemon from Sinnoh and the power of RNG and GodPumpking on their side, and their Pokemon come equipped with battle items like choice items, focus sash, air balloons etc.

Look at these kids all happy. No one deserves to be this happy smh. Steal their candy.

5SqW3Fw.png

Edited by Dibz

And now, probably the reason you clicked on this guide in the first place...

Pumpking!

wdMDc8l.png

and co.

Bored of beating up kids? Doesn't bring you the satisfaction it once used to? If you were thinking anywhere along those lines you've probably made your way up to the Pumpking and decided to bully its supernatural children instead, but ended up losing and also dealing with the trauma of watching him murder his own kids.

Well, here's all you need to know about Pumpking, his children and how to beat him!

• The battle is in three stages, each stage more difficult and more equipped with appendages than the last.
  • You don't heal between battles.
  • Pumpking is Grass/Ghost type in Stage 1, and purely Ghost type in stages 2 and 3.
  • Taunt works on Pumpking in Stages 1 & 2, but only for the duration of the turn it is used. It doesn't work in Stage 3. 
  • Sketch doesn't work on Pumpking so don't even waste your time trying.
  • Pumpking is prone to status conditions and moves that cause damage for more than one turn, but they usually stay in effect for a turn or two.
  • At any time during a battle, Pumpking can call for help from its children.
  • If you defeat Pumpking, any help he called for will faint too.
  • For the movesets listed, AOE means it's a move that hits all adjacent foes. So every single one of the opponent's Pokemon within range.

And that's it for FAQ, onto the main event!

VKEqK4L.png Normal Mode VKEqK4L.png

Spoiler

Stage 1

Spoiler

nPfxrkx.gif

Pumpking

Grass/Ghost

Level 70

Ability: Strong Stomach (It can eat any item it holds to restore HP)

Moves:

• Trick-or-Treat (AOE)
  • Hex

Held Item: Big Root (eats it as soon as it loses 1/3rd of its HP)

Oh what! Just two moves? This should be easy! Lol ok gamer. Trick-or-Treat can have multiple effects on a Pokemon, depending on how unlucky you are. In the first round, Pumpking can steal your Pokemon's held item and eat it, restoring some of its HP due to its Strong Stomach ability. Or it could turn your Pokemon into a ghost type, ruining your plans to use STAB moves to finish the battle as soon as possible, as well as them now being very vulnerable to Hex. Or it could give your Pokemon a treat, some bad candy that confuses your Pokemon and subjects you to Torment, gives it the ability Contrary or simply poisons it with the same intensity as Toxic. And that's not all he has up his sleeve, his children are just around the interdimensional corner waiting for him to call on them.

OlIArhQ.gifPumprince

Grass/Ghost

Ability: Friend Guard (reduces damage done to allies)
Moves:

• Heal Pulse
  • Helping Hand

rOMfDAy.gifPumprincess

Grass/Ghost

Moves:

• Giga Drain
  • Shadow Ball

This round is fairly easy, get yourself a team of fast and hard hitting Pokemon (get as many supereffective AOE moves as you can) and you should get yourself through this round without losing much HP or time. The kids are taken down in one shot by any fire or ghost type move so don't waste turns using attacks on them that won't hit the Pumpking as well. I don't know what else there is to say for this round tbh. Just sweep!

Stage 2

Spoiler

2KZZNSD.gif

Pumpking

Ghost

Level 75

Ability: Entangling Vines (Pokemon are trapped in the vines for the first 2 turns they're on the battlefield. Pumpking leeches their HP at the end of each turn they're trapped, and it prevents them from switching out.)

Moves:

• Fever Dreams (AOE)
  • Soul Drain (AOE)
  • Spirit Away (AOE)

Held Item: None

Okay so Pumpking is back, he's angry and he has HANDS now! Scared? You should be. He's got an annoying combo of moves this round, and RNG can really make things difficult. Fever Dreams puts all three of your Pokemon to sleep (I think it's a 50/50 chance on whether it works on a Pokemon that already has a status condition), and inflicts them with Insomnia once they wake up, which leads to them taking some damage at the end of each turn. Think of a waking nightmare. Yeah, that's what you're putting your Pokemon through. Spirit Away is an AOE version of Whirlwind, forcing all three of your active Pokemon to switch out, entangling the 3 replacements in its vines. And that's not all, Soul Drain absorbs even more HP from all three of your active Pokemon! Welp. Oh and his kids aren't too happy either.

OlIArhQ.gifPumprince

Grass/Ghost

Moves:

• Heal Pulse
  • Helping Hand
  • Aura Sphere
  • Hex

rOMfDAy.gifPumprincess

Grass/Ghost

Moves:

• Heal Pulse
  • Helping Hand
  • Aura Sphere
  • Hex

Same as last round, try and use as many AOE moves with STAB as you can and focus all your efforts on Pumpking. The kids shouldn't last more than one hit anyway, but if they do, they will with minimum HP. Lower its defenses to make this round go by a lot faster if you want. Taunt can definitely help this round as it disables Fever Dreams and Spirit Away if used on the right turns, but so does giving Pumpking a taste of his own medicine and putting him to sleep. Plus he sleeps for two turns compared to Taunt which only lasts one turn, though using both can be a fun combo. Don't be afraid of using a turn or two to heal status conditions or restore HP either, you'll need it for next round.

Final Stage

Spoiler

gV0FSvP.gif

Pumpking

Ghost

Level 80

Ability: Wither (whenever your Pokemon land a hit on Pumpking, one of that Pokemon's stats decreases by 2 stages, including accuracy and evasiveness)

Moves:

• Phantom Strike
  • Harvest (AOE)
  • Greedy Gulp
  • Ghastly Vision (AOE)

Held Item: None

As soon as this battle starts, you notice your screen getting a little darker and you wonder if you're okay or when the last time you slept was, before you notice the message saying "Darkness enveloped the field." Oh. What does that even mean? It just nullifies any and all weather effects as far as I can tell, which does dampen some people's plans (ha, damp pun, get it?). Sorry, just trying to lighten the mood (I'm sorry) because you're officially in for a hell of a scary time this round. These moves don't exist in normal movesets for a good reason. Phantom Strike is a move of an indeterminable type that has OHKO-ed a Pokemon every single time I've seen it used. What does Harvest do? I'm not even sure tbh. So far I've seen it deal damage, eliminate all stat changes, raise Pumpking's stats and (I think) inflict status conditions. It doesn't use that move more than every now and then. Greedy Gulp is a messed up move where Pumpking devours one of the children it called for help to restore its own HP, and it's as annoying as it is traumatizing, especially when the second child casually watches that then follows up with Heal Pulse in the hopes that Dad won't eat him too. Ghastly Vision is a 2-turn AOE move that reduces all your active Pokemon's HP to 1, and no, Protect doesn't work against it. Other than the overpowered moves and lack of weather, there are a lot more conditions to this battle. Your Pokemon will get more terrified with each turn and retreat into its Pokeball, forcing you to switch out every third turn. This might get frustrating if you're relying on setups, but remember that it's a good thing because it resets the sharp stat drops in the past few turns from its Wither ability. Oh and there's a new ally at play this round.

rOMfDAy.gifPumprincess

Grass/Ghost

Moves:

• Sticky Sap (AOE hazard)
  • Shadow Force

3lFqhJp.gifLil Pump

Ghost (not sure if it has a secondary typing)

Ability: N/A

Moves:

• Kaboom (AOE)
  • Explosion

Meet Lil Pump. He's had too much candy and is here to heck your life up. It has just one move and that's called Kaboom! Imagine Explosion but with the highest priority and higher power. So yes, it bypasses protect, and it HURTS. It's an AOE fire type move that hits your center Pokemon and the one opposite Lil Pump. The ability Damp nullifies Lil Pump. And a Pokemon with Flash Fire can definitely turn that into an advantage though! Pumprincess' Sticky Sap on the other hand, can't be turned into an advantage in any way. It's a hazard that lowers your Pokemon's Defense, Special Defense and suppresses their abilities. A hyperoffensive set and a couple emergency revives should make this round some fast work, but if that's not working for you, try the age old trick of putting it to sleep and beating the crap out of it. There's unfortunately nothing you can do about Lil Pump except switch out the defending Pokemon for something resistant to fire, but just keep hitting hard and hitting fast and you should be good!

I'm really hoping you noticed the pattern in attacks for all three stages. In Normal mode, no matter how annoying Pumpking gets or how overpowered its moves, all you have to do this round is hit hard and hit fast. Pack as many sweepers as you can and at most one support Pokemon to lower stats, taunt it, put it to sleep or heal you. Keep type effectiveness in mind and unless RNG is against you, you should have less than a hard time defeating it most of the time.

Oh, you beat Pumpking in Normal Mode already? Congratulations! You win 5 goodie bags, a Pinstripe Suit and...

530Wt0r.png

This is where the real challenge is. If you think Pumpking was going easy on you, it's because he was. He wanted to see if you were a real gamer. And if you've passed that test, read on. P.S. The strategy I'll be posting isn't 100% guaranteed to work every time, luck plays a huge part in the third stage of Hard Mode.

Are you ready to get your butt kicked by something with no feet?

Spoiler

tlZEyqS.png

Spoiler

Movesets and abilities are the same between Normal and Hard modes, but the battles are at Level 90, Lil Pump is available at every stage, and Stage 3 has a lot of RNG depending on it.

For a teambuild, I'd suggest a Pokemon with a sleeper move (preferably one that can either take a lot of hits or deal a lot of damage), a sweeper with taunt and four of the absolute strongest sweepers you can think of. For the final stage, an absolute necessity is a multi-turn damage dealing move like Fire Spin or Whirlpool, if you're taking advice and strategies from this guide. Remember that AOE moves will probably save your life when the guy calls for help. The items I STRONGLY recommend: Full restores/Max Revives, Bat Cookies, Broom Cookies and Ghost Cookies.

Things that definitely help in the field are the abilities Flash Fire, Damp, and the move Acid Spray.

For Phase 1, taunt Pumpking and focus on getting rid of his sidekicks on the first turn. Put him to sleep as early as you can and then just try to kill him. If you can consistently win Normal Mode, this stage should be easy for you.

For Stage 2, pop a Bat Cookie or get that Liquid Ooze up for the Entangling Vines, use Taunt whenever you think it's likely to use Fever Dreams, and get rid of his kids as soon as they show up. That's all the advice I can give you. His kids healing him are the biggest nuisance in this stage, with Fever Dreams and Soul Drain being close seconds. The faster you can deal with this round the better.

Start round 3 with a quick prayer to RNGesus, especially if last round didn't go too well for you, but even if it did. Put Pumpking to sleep as often as you can, heal as often as necessary, and don't forget the cookies available at your disposal. Other than that it's just a matter of keeping him asleep and trapped in your binding move every turn you can while also spamming your sweepers' strongest attacks. Good luck.

Edited by Dibz
2 hours ago, Exodos said:

Pump was buffed prob

He is not buffed, only he had is an adjustment for cookies and the whiter stats and greedy gulp

Changelog: 1/11/2019

Balancing

• Pumpking 2019 difficulty adjustments:
    • Broom Cookies will now clear the entire field of stat stage adjustments, instead of just the allied field
    • Wither stat stages will now take effect at the end of the turn, rather than immediately after skill damage

Bug Fixes

• Fixed Greedy Gulp AI handling of faster targets

2 hours ago, Dibz said:

Sorry for the delay in completion guys, I'm visiting my parents and internet here's super slow. What I've got left is detailing items, goodie bag drops, overworld pokemon and Pumpking's hard mode. I've got all the notes except post-update Pumpking so I'll try to get this done tonight ^_^

Take your time good sir(albeit the event being 4 days left)

You’ve given us more helpful tips to the event than a majority of the staff combined, and to that we applaud you.

Don’t let the guide creation stress you out.

7 minutes ago, Lysergico said:

Don't know if this is the right place to make this question, but it is possible to pass particles breeding?? Especifically Witch Haze. If it is possitive, which are the conditions? 

On 10/30/2019 at 11:02 PM, Dibz said:

Particle Pokemon:

• Yes, these particles will be passed down to the offspring when breeding.
  • That's the only way to transfer particles, you can't remove them from a Pokemon that already has them, but you can cross-breed them to pass them onto Pokemon of another egg group.

On 10/30/2019 at 11:02 PM, Dibz said:

Other Questions

What is a particle?
A particle is a cosmetic effect that plays when you send a Pokemon out into battle. They can be obtained as event rewards (item drops from prizes such as Halloween Goodie Bags) or from Event Pokemon who have the particle effect. In item form, you simply navigate to the particle in your bag and use it, selecting to Pokemon you want to give it to. If a Pokemon already has a particle, you cannot extract it from the Pokemon. But worry not, particles always pass on to the offspring when bred, so with cross-breeding, all your future non-genderless Pokemon can have these particles! Refer to this guide if you need help planning a cross breed.