Any other contest players out there :3?

Well after about a month I've finally managed to get all the contest ribbons on one of my pokemon. I was kind of curious though. Are there any other contest players around? nnnOsdX.pngHere's a little back story on me and this screenshot. So I'm a contest fanatic it's always been one of my favorite features in pokemon and one that I feel like doesn't get enough love at the end of the day. I spend a good majority of my playtime on the mmo perfecting my contest skills and trying out crazy contest movesets. Anyway I was just really proud of this moment and it's made me consider maybe making an in-depth contest guide just because of the love I have for the feature. Also quick shout out to my peeps that I dragged into contest with me. You guys know who you are and much love for helping me stay sane through the gruelling climb to all master ribbons on one mon.

52 minutes ago, dSTnE said:

I'm trying to get all ribbons on my milotic, but I'm a total newbie at contests. Any tips on movesets/strategies?

Yeah I remember when I first took interest in contest. It can seem overwhelming at first but I promise it's easy once you get the feel of the flow of a contest. As far as movesets go usually your going to want to taylor your move set to whatever contest category your in. What I did when I was first learning was pick my favorite category and it was all trial and error from there. The neat thing about contest is each pokemon has a pretty diverse move pool that you can pick from for each contest category. So the most inportant thing is you want to find a strategy that works well with how you play contest. Also pokeblocks are going to be your best friend there absolutely essential if you want to earn all your master Ribbons. But if you have any other questions feel free to ask you can also add me in game and we can do some contest together if you would like so you can get a better feel for them and aren't just thrown into the water :3. @dSTnE

Edited by Sakustein

That's too bad Pokemmo doesnt give any rewards or bonus for poke with contest ribbons (mostly when you get lvl max difficulty), it would make this feature much more interesting and it would attract more people.

It's just an example, but they could match the different contest categories to pokemon stats and give you an extra IV stat when you get the highest ribbon of the category.

Let's say you have a gyarados with 30 IV in Attack, instead of breeding him, you take part to the contest in the Toughness category and when you get the master ribbon in this category, your poke receives an extra +1 in his Attack IV. 

I defenitly wish the rewards were a little better. As of now you can get some semi useful items but nothing that would keep people comeing back. Most times I'll get berries which is nice since I make alot of pokeblocks and everything else I just kind of sell for a profit lol. But your idea is interesting @Bubaili it might not work in this game though. Because I feel like people would just spam contest to take a 0×6 IV mon and boost them up to 6×31. Which 31 contest would be way easier and cheaper than breeding. Though you did say in your example if it had a 30 IV. So where you thinking of  maybe you could only add to your IV if its at 30?

On 10/28/2019 at 4:54 AM, Sakustein said:

Well after about a month I've finally managed to get all the contest ribbons on one of my pokemon. I was kind of curious though. Are there any other contest players around? nnnOsdX.pngHere's a little back story on me and this screenshot. So I'm a contest fanatic it's always been one of my favorite features in pokemon and one that I feel like doesn't get enough love at the end of the day. I spend a good majority of my playtime on the mmo perfecting my contest skills and trying out crazy contest movesets. Anyway I was just really proud of this moment and it's made me consider maybe making an in-depth contest guide just because of the love I have for the feature. Also quick shout out to my peeps that I dragged into contest with me. You guys know who you are and much love for helping me stay sane through the gruelling climb to all master ribbons on one mon.

"Eggcellent", amazing name xd

8 hours ago, Sakustein said:

I defenitly wish the rewards were a little better. As of now you can get some semi useful items but nothing that would keep people comeing back. Most times I'll get berries which is nice since I make alot of pokeblocks and everything else I just kind of sell for a profit lol. But your idea is interesting @Bubaili it might not work in this game though. Because I feel like people would just spam contest to take a 0×6 IV mon and boost them up to 6×31. Which 31 contest would be way easier and cheaper than breeding. Though you did say in your example if it had a 30 IV. So where you thinking of  maybe you could only add to your IV if its at 30?

Yes I meant you can only get a bonus of +1 extra IV per master category ribbon per poke. So basically if you can get every master ribbons of every categories, it brings you +1 in 5 different stats. It could be helpful for some poke with only one gender which are troublesome to breed and which needs +1 extra stat (from 29 to 30 or 30 to 31). Or even duo gender poke you dont want to breed again and which lack of 1 IV to get that extra point of stats. 

Overall the time to spend on getting the master ribbon would probably be longer than the one to get your 31 IV poke (except for solo gender poke, might be worth it) but for those who want to do something different than the usual money farming for breeding, it could bring an alternative choice in this game. Plus somehow it would improve the economy of some berries which are needed for pokeblocks.