Random question

Hey there,

I gotta ask this somewhere and don't dare take it into a big public website like Twitter in fear of irony slapping us all in the butt, but still. With how nuts Nintendo's lawyers have been going the past while, how has a game this high profile avoided being sued/taken down? It's like the #1 fan-made Pokemon game so surely it's not a case of Nintendo has no idea it exists yet.

I ain't complaining in the least bit, but it's been eating away at me ever since that lady with all the ROMs got hit for millions and I can't take it anymore lol

it a mod not a game. you require the game to play it.

i am not a lawyer but my understanding of copyright law in most contries generally breaks down to 3 main rules when it comes to mods.

-as long as they don't use assets from other games or products and can't be nailed for copyright infringement they should be ok

-as long as they avoid having illegal content in the mod they should be ok.

-as long as they don't sell the mod for a profit they should be ok.

the mod runs on donation you don't have to pay for it.

the mod assets they add that not in one of the 4 games roms you need are custom sprites that don't quite look like what you think it is. and is likely why they don't make there own sprites for the pokemon in the game that can't follow you.

there custom team magma uniform compared to what team magma uniform should look like more or less as a example.

Erratic+divergent+htingale_baa09b_736897

Edited by Akubi
wanted to put more effort into it.
12 hours ago, Akubi said:

it a mod not a game. you require the game to play it.

i am not a lawyer but my understanding of copyright law in most contries generally breaks down to 3 main rules when it comes to mods.

-as long as they don't use assets from other games or products and can't be nailed for copyright infringement they should be ok

-as long as they avoid having illegal content in the mod they should be ok.

-as long as they don't sell the mod for a profit they should be ok.

the mod runs on donation you don't have to pay for it.

the mod assets they add that not in one of the 4 games roms you need are custom sprites that don't quite look like what you think it is. and is likely why they don't make there own sprites for the pokemon in the game that can't follow you.

there custom team magma uniform compared to what team magma uniform should look like more or less as a example.

Erratic+divergent+htingale_baa09b_736897

That actually makes a lot of sense, thank you!