Can you Change The PVP Battle Music ID?

TonyDGray

Question

Can you change the PVP Battle Music to ID 1168: Wifi-Battle. (Aka a repeat of Unova Trainer Battle) This would put a static slot for the wifi battle music instead of changing between region. Currently you'd need to change every Regions Trainer Battle OST to your custom song in order to make the PVP battle music consistent, and change like this would allow music mod creators to make wifi battles feel a little more special without compromising each regions music.

If you don't want or Can't have the PVP battle Music to be on the same slot, it would be easy to have it be the same song and put them on different slots. ID 1163: & ID 1164 seem to be unused repeats of the Unova Trainer Battle theme. Just tell us which IDs are for which region, and we'll be able to utilize them. 

Edited by TonyDGray

6 answers to this question

Ah I remember doing something like this for one of my projects, due to modification constraints we had a forced system that needed the Numerical ID of the songs to be next to each other in a playlists. In a situation where the ID couldn't be put next to each other, we overcome that limitation by creating empty slots that would redirect to to another song in the playlists. The difference being this would instead have check for a custom ID, then redirect if that check is not fulfilled.

Anyways If that's possible yeah that would be cool. Although it would still require you change the ID to 1168, since if you just do that over the trainer battle music, we'd end up with the same problem unless your able to get the ID Check to detect whether your playing in PVP, and not in PVE mode.

Edited by TonyDGray

oh I think I know what the problem is here. Does spectating a match, and playing a pvp match, use a different Song ID? I was trying to test out my mod in spectate and it just played the trainer battle theme. I don't think I even have the pokemon set up to attempt a PVP match. So I don't know how I would have attempted to test it otherwise.

Edited by TonyDGray

something that might be nice for testing purposes, as well as just general use, would be the ability to call a specific soundtrack no matter where you are.

maybe a new command like /set_bgm <sound_id>

The command would cause that sound track to play in the given area for the duration of the client session (or perhaps keep it that way between client sessions?)

Would probably also need a /reset_bgm command, too. To reset all overwritten bgm's.