Tournament Ou

It's because zeknshooter doesn't play to win, he plays just for stalling. His teams are not well balanced at all and he just prays for match up or that his opponents do not pp max. I once saw him roost up for 30 mins on a Hydreigon that was leech seeded against a wall. Literally no way he could win, but the duel lasted longer for no good reason. 

Edited by gbwead
22 minutes ago, gbwead said:

It's because zeknshooter doesn't play to win, he plays just for stalling. His teams are not well balanced at all and he just prays for match up or that his opponents do not pp max. I once saw him roost up for 30 mins on a Hydreigon that was leech seeded against a wall. Literally no way he could win, but the duel lasted longer for no good reason. 

Is Stall generaly frowned upon or are you specifically talking about stalling out a match you know you can't win?

I really enjoy playing slower teams, but always make sure to have some offensive components (STAB, phase+hazards, etc.). A rl friend hates on my love for stall frequently and I'm curious if that's a general opinion (not that I would change though).

What about trapping with Toxic and Seismic Toss? Not cool?

1 minute ago, Caliginosus said:

Is Stall generaly frowned upon or are you specifically talking about stalling out a match you know you can't win?

I really enjoy playing slower teams, but always make sure to have some offensive components (STAB, phase+hazards, etc.). A rl friend hates on my love for stall frequently and I'm curious if that's a general opinion (not that I would change though).

Stall is pretty much the most boring gameplay one could perform. But it's still part of the game, and is a playstyle that can go very south if you misplay once or twice in a match, while at the same time can perform very well if the player is decent. What do you define as trap + toxic/seismic toss?

Just now, Caliginosus said:

Stalling with a win condition is fine, but without one it's just dumb. And ya, if you don't have a hazard strategy or a knock off strategy that prevents the opponent from switching back and forth without losing pp, your stall team pretty much has no win condition. If Skarmory is dead (only hazard in his team I suppose) for Zeknshooter, he can no longer win unless his opponent blunders.

When people play stall, it's because they want to be ready to handle a variety of threats. The team Zeknshooter is playing here can barely handle any, so it's really just praying for match up. 

15 minutes ago, razimove said:

What do you define as trap + toxic/seismic toss?

For example Mean Look, Toxic, Seismic Toss, Rest. I run a Dusclops like that and people hate it. I understand that, because it takes time, but I don't feel too bad, because I have a clear goal with it in mind.

5 minutes ago, gbwead said:

Stalling with a win condition is fine, but without one it's just dumb. And ya, if you don't have a hazard strategy or a knock off strategy that prevents the opponent from switching back and forth without losing pp, your stall team pretty much has no win condition. If Skarmory is dead (only hazard in his team I suppose) for Zeknshooter, he can no longer win unless his opponent blunders.

When people play stall, it's because they want to be ready to handle a variety of threats. The team Zeknshooter is playing here can barely handle any, so it's really just praying for match up. 

Okay, I guess then I don't have to feel too bad. I guess I took the term Stall wrong again. Just playing to outlive everything sounds very dull indeed, even more so praying for a few good matchups.

For example Mean Look, Toxic, Seismic Toss, Rest. I run a Dusclops like that and people hate it.

gen3 this set was fun, even funnier when done with a bulky metagross, nowadays, you just become setup fodder for some big boys in the meta with this type of sets, not to mention voltturn and shed shell.

For example Mean Look, Toxic, Seismic Toss, Rest. I run a Dusclops like that and people hate it. I understand that, because it takes time, but I don't feel too bad, because I have a clear goal with it in mind.

That's really just a stall breaker that is utterly useless against offensive teams. If you design a stall team that focuses on winning against other stall teams, ofc people will hate it and make fun of it for not being able to handle the offensive threats of the tier.

15 minutes ago, gbwead said:

That's really just a stall breaker that is utterly useless against offensive teams. If you design a stall team that focuses on winning against other stall teams, ofc people will hate it and make fun of it for not being able to handle the offensive threats of the tier.

I know now, but wasn't really aware what I'd wanna do with Dusclops when I bred it, just knew I wanted one. Now I have a random Stallbreaker waiting to sometimes be picked up to kill some Chanseys and Milotics.