Putting countdown for GTL

InsufficientPylons

Question

This is for all ma brothers who post something on gtl worth 3mil for 1k!

This is for all my fallen comrades who quit after suffering a crushing financial lost!

This is my answer for all of our suffering!

THIS IS OUR SALVATION!

1 Minute Countdown for when you post something in gtl so you can realize your mistake and not quit the game!

Sincerely~

Filthy with a capital i

Also thank ma boss Kibbz for his majestic brain knowledge that he bestowed upon a lowly henchman such as myself <3

Edited by InsufficientPylons

17 answers to this question

8 minutes ago, InsufficientPylons said:

¡Esto es para todos los hermanos ma que publican algo en gtl por valor de 3mil por 1k!

¡Esto es para todos mis camaradas caídos que renunciaron después de sufrir una pérdida financiera aplastante!

¡Esta es mi respuesta para todos nuestros sufrimientos!

¡ESTA ES NUESTRA SALVACIÓN!

Cuenta regresiva de 1 minuto para cuando publiques algo en gtl para que puedas darte cuenta de tu error y no abandonar el juego.

Sinceramente ~

Asqueroso con mayúscula i

I understand your point of view but nevertheless, 
the way to earn money from many is when these things happen, that you get good deals

Also, if someone is going to upload something to the trade market, they have to look carefully,
 it is not the fault of others to buy it if they do not look at their mistakes
Edited by DanteInfer

Sry for your friend's experience and i strongly agree with you .Espicially for android players who have more posibility to touch by mistake.

My solution is that GTL should have a delay system, for instance, after inputing price and pressing the button  , there is time interval like 5 mins for player to update the price or cancel selling , during the time interval, the item isnt real sold on GTL and cant be seen by other players.

On 10/21/2019 at 5:20 PM, TohnR said:

That's an actual suggestion there. I expected one more useless thread from BoldBlades or another of his alts

I'm surprised I actually didn't think of this earlier, guess I have no faith in the admins to even work on QoL updates like this one :/

But it wouldn't do wrong to anyone so big upvote here.

I deserve a bit of credit here, it was my idea aswell after all, I was just too lazy to come post it here so I sent my henchman here to post

Or just have a "confirm listing" button with a description of your listing that pops up when you try to post. In all honesty, you should probably pay more attention when posting, so I doubt anything would happen.

It would probably be annoying AF to have to confirm every listing you post, but if it's popular enough bc of the stupidity or just general lack of awareness of MMO players (such as myself), maybe it could be an addition.

14 hours ago, SmolSpartan said:

Or just have a "confirm listing" button with a description of your listing that pops up when you try to post. In all honesty, you should probably pay more attention when posting, so I doubt anything would happen.

It would probably be annoying AF to have to confirm every listing you post, but if it's popular enough bc of the stupidity or just general lack of awareness of MMO players (such as myself), maybe it could be an addition.

Or that, but why make things simple when you can complicate

Edited by Kibbz

I was on board till you credited Kibbz, downvoted. I'd also be on board if my $1000 comp Eevee didn't get sniped but now that I've suffered, you must too. And so must Kibbz.

In all seriousness though, I see the point of your suggestion and I'm gonna say it's a good one, but I disagree with it. Sniping is a fun thing that happens, we all "oof" a lot and some uguus exist to profit from our suffering. Goes both ways, I've mispriced multiple things and it's cost me around 30m in profit until now, I've also made close to that much on snipes. Airlines misprice tickets all the time, as do sellers on ebay, and there are people and websites dedicated to sniping these before they're corrected. It's all part of a free market. While I agree that a safety measure like a countdown or an "are you sure?" check would be helpful, it's essentially the same as "Are you sure you want to run from/kill this shiny?" and that kinda takes the oof out of it, don't you think? And life without oof isn't fun.

Edited by Dibz
14 minutes ago, Dibz said:

I was on board till you credited Kibbz, downvoted. I'd also be on board if my $1000 comp Eevee didn't get sniped but now that I've suffered, you must too. And so must Kibbz.

In all seriousness though, I see the point of your suggestion and I'm gonna say it's a good one, but I disagree with it. Sniping is a fun thing that happens, we all "oof" a lot and some uguus exist to profit from our suffering. Goes both ways, I've mispriced multiple things and it's cost me around 30m in profit until now, I've also made close to that much on snipes. Airlines misprice tickets all the time, as do sellers on ebay, and there are people and websites dedicated to sniping these before they're corrected. It's all part of a free market. While I agree that a safety measure like a countdown or an "are you sure?" check would be helpful, it's essentially the same as "Are you sure you want to run from/kill this shiny?" and that kinda takes the oof out of it, don't you think? And life without oof isn't fun.

I feel like there are much better ways to have fun in an MMO than to lose a few million on a misclick... 

The game shouldn't need "small oofs" to be fun