What you think about the rules and punishment system? And what can be better?

i agree actually, if you get banned or muted they should tell you the exact lines that got you in trouble. it will be easier for u to make an appeal, it will be clear to u whats acceptable and what isnt and there will be less people calling bs on certain punishments. I once got muted for racism, then had to debate an SGM for 30 minutes, only to come to the conclusion that i wasnt being racist in the first place. 

so yeah, im all for more transparency. i also think chat should be moderated less strictly, it has already resulted in some regulars staying away. personally i was a little shocked, i left in 2016 and came back in 2018 and the difference was night and day. im not saying it would be a good idea to go back to the completely unmoderated channelchat in 2016, but it seems like staff went the complete opposite direction and thats not fun either. 

44 minutes ago, zorghyh said:

in other games we have a system of punishment who show relatories with all explanation about the infraction, showing evidences to can be refuted or not. I think who pokemmo have good rules but can better their methods to make more clear your actions. What the community think about this?

We're not going to teach you how we detect botting/RMT. Yes, that's what he's complaining about.

14 minutes ago, Minks said:

i also think chat should be moderated less strictly, it has already resulted in some regulars staying away.

if you need names of people who stoped playing becaus of it i am availible

6 minutes ago, Desu said:

We're not going to teach you how we detect RMT.

nobody ask you for specific detail on how you got the information just what information you have. i am sure you should be able to provide it without compromising your detection system

8 minutes ago, Desu said:

Yes, that's what he's complaining about.

that sounds oddly similar to a doctor who decide what illness you have instead of finding what it actually is. it can work fine most of the time but it can lead to massive fuck up. you should be carefull about that.

15 minutes ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

that sounds oddly similar to a doctor who decide what illness you have instead of finding what it actually is. it can work fine most of the time but it can lead to massive fuck up. you should be carefull about that.

yes, i agree, and i have print of all my chats, and i never talk about RMT in this forum or in game, or anywhere. But lets back to the discution with community, and thank for join the discution.

Edited by zorghyh
edit language
1 minute ago, zorghyh said:

yes, i agree, and i have print of all my chats, and i never talk about RMT in this forum or in game, or anywhere. But lets back to the discution wiht community, and thank for join the discution.

yes, i agree. i have screenshot of all my chats, and i never talked about RMT on this forum or in game, or anywhere. But lets get back to the discussion with the community, and thank you for joining the discussion.* 

sorry but it was more bad english than i could handle so i fixed it a bit. i am not a native speaker so it is most likely far from perfect but at least it's better.

3 minutes ago, Minks said:

literally 30 minutes after i post this, you guys ban someone for making a joke in global. like, this thread is gonna get closed bc its an RMT thing and this post is probably gonna get deleted for whatever reason, but the irony is ridiculous

that wouldn't surprise me if they deleted this, they deleted one of my previous thread becaus i called them out for being *redacted*. but i see i came to check out if things where better just in between case of staff abuse in general discussion. at thise rate i might never come back honestly.

6 minutes ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

sorry but it was more bad english than i could handle so i fixed it a bit. i am not a native speaker so it is most likely far from perfect but at least it's better.

Sorry and thanks, i'm not native too, but i'm trying make my best to learn.

Edited by zorghyh
edit language
4 hours ago, zorghyh said:

in other games we have a system of punishment who show relatories with all explanation about the infraction, showing evidences to can be refuted or not. I think who pokemmo have good rules but can better their methods to make more clear your actions. What the community think about this?

Good evening zorghyh, I would like to address your concern. Before anyone tells me "Bestfriends record is clean and he cannot speak on this topic." We are all human and we all make mistakes, it is just the gravity of those said mistakes. I've been muted in game back in 2014 and sport a warning point on forums. Now that I got that out of the way, let me go through your situation. The staff do not need to write a whole paragraph or two on why you were warned, however, I would implore for you to read the Code of Conduct. This is all the explanations needed for staff to issue warnings and the like.

Spoiler

For anyone new on forums, try to avoid a record. Trust me on that, you do not want a stain on forums. Everyday, I go on my profile now is a feeling of absolute guilt staring me in the face. It is my fault and I have to deal with my past mistake. Warning points are rarely reversible, so avoid them at all costs.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And thank you @hannahtaylor for doing all the talking for those who have been banned although, I need to link the Ban Appeal section for those who feel that they have been wronged.

https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/forum/37-ban-appeal/

4 hours ago, hannahtaylor said:

There's ban appeal for that

Well, i just think about the need of show evidences in the ban, or make more clear about notices to other things in game. Even a real judgment give a chance of the accused try refute the evidences. But is just what i think and i thank for this discution with all.

Edited by zorghyh
edit language
9 hours ago, Desu said:

We're not going to teach you how we detect botting/RMT. Yes, that's what he's complaining about.

I already know those, does that mean i'll get evidence if i happen to get banned? (wrongfully or rightfully) :thinking:

1 hour ago, Tyrone said:

In the case of botting, wouldn't a fucked up captcha record suffice as proof?

Everyone knows it exists to detect bots.

As for RMT, definitely agree on the not showing evidence bit.

Chat restrictions could use proof of chat history if asked. Plenty of those are given without sufficient cause I feel.

We already regularly show chat excerpts in reply to appeals for chat/behavior based punishments.

57 minutes ago, Minks said:

It would be better if we didnt have to appeal for that, both for users and staff. 

I feel like most bans are beyond justified because some players are so blatantly obvious that giving them an explanation or a piece of evidence of what they did wrong is a waste of time even when they themselves know they fcked up but are still trying to look for a loophole after they're caught. A lot of people also complain about their ban appeals that take a while, but they just aren't aware of how many appeals there are that staff need to work through. I can imagine it's a boring and tedious procedure.