Help with 31,0,252 in GUI

I have a GUI I like a lot (Black Red) due to the recent updates modifiyng 31, 0 and 252 colors I cannot see them anymore.

I know it's a very common problem for those older GUI and I don't have the patience to make one from scratch by myself and I don't really like the most recent ones.

There should be a file in the default theme folder that, copied in my GUI folder, should solve the problem but I have absolutely no clue which one it is; can someone help me?

Me too: I can't use my favorite theme anymore, because of a few problems I don't know how to solve (first of all 0, 31 and 252 IV values not showing up). Also, description text of items and moves doesn't show up either. Would be nice if someone more experienced could advice on what files those things could depend on.

3 hours ago, hannahtaylor said:

Unless I did it wrong, that doesn't do anything, changing the .xml's. It just changes the color of 0/31/252, they still don't show up.

Infact, it made it worse. It made the "Total" disappear too. Again, unless I did it wrong which I might have cause Staggiiee didn't say which .xml's to change. The default ones or the ones inside the custom theme

Edited by Gravemind93
37 minutes ago, Gravemind93 said:

Unless I did it wrong, that doesn't do anything, changing the .xml's. It just changes the color of 0/31/252, they still don't show up.

Infact, it made it worse. It made the "Total" disappear too. Again, unless I did it wrong which I might have cause Staggiiee didn't say which .xml's to change. The default ones or the ones inside the custom theme

if you're using a custom theme then it would be that one. Why would you edit a theme you're not using....

If it's an older theme it probably doesn't have a lot of the newer coding 

2 hours ago, hannahtaylor said:

if you're using a custom theme then it would be that one. Why would you edit a theme you're not using....

If it's an older theme it probably doesn't have a lot of the newer coding 

I did it to the custom theme and still no dice. It's the Classic Premium theme here which simply might be too old, I dunno. I tried green, red, and blue and still just get blanks.

QRL53IX.jpg

(I'd ask in the thread you posted but of course it's locked)

Edited by Gravemind93

A lazy and ignorant solution could be copying the "monster-frame.xml" file from one of the default themes into the same folder of my theme?

update

I tried copying the "monster-frame.xml" from data/themes/default/ui/moster-frame.xml and it worked wery well. I suggest to do the same for who have the same problem.

Edited by lallo17
4 minutes ago, lallo17 said:

A lazy and ignorant solution could be copying the "monster-frame.xml" file from one of the default themes into the same folder of my theme?

Yup, that works perfectly. I'll try a similar solution for the description texts.

12 hours ago, Gravemind93 said:

There are some very questionable guides out there.

True. Of all the solutions I've found to make my old theme work, none of them were in guides I've read. Many of those guides are either old and no longer valid, because now organization and files in the theme folders are a bit different, or they just don't solve the problem, sadly.

I can explain why replacing that XML file worked. The custom theme, instead of including that file and overriding the parts needed, was a complete copy/paste of the default theme with the modifications. So basically, you have your default and a complete edit of the default. In your case, changing the default theme colors wouldn't have worked because the theme you are using was pointing to the monster-frame.xml file within that theme's folder instead of the default. That practice is why my themes don't work anymore either, though if I get the chance to fix them I plan to use the more future proof solution of only modifying the files I need to change and pointing to the defaults for the stuff that doesn't need changed.