Shiny

Stickbow0

Question

24 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, Stickbow0 said:

I think when you encounter a horde with a shiny in it, the game should warn you there's a shiny. E.g. "Are you sure you want to use Surf?" 

Reason: I just killed a shiny Persian today with surf because I didn't realise it was shiny.

You know, based on evolution thesis. Eyes were among the most important organ that the body developed to "see" its surroundings, both for survival and further evolution. 
TL:DR ; pay attention

Just now, Malorne said:

You know, based on evolution thesis. Eyes were among the most important organ that the body developed to "see" its surroundings, both for survival and further evolution. 
TL:DR ; pay attention

Yeah, but I still think it would help. It seems a few people have accidentally killed shinies.

When you find a shiny, you can see and listen to it's particle (if you have game sound on):

Spoiler

Fzjsbal.gif

nCBLDT1.png

Not sure about the suggestion, but that helps me when I'm getting wild encounters when I'm watching Netflix or just not paying too much attention in the game ^^ they also will have "Shiny" in their name, like "Shiny Persian". That's how I didn't lose a shiny Meowth last year xD

1 minute ago, SneakyTeddi said:

When you find a shiny, you can see and listen to it's particle (if you have game sound on)

Not sure about the suggestion, but that helps me when I'm getting wild encounters when I'm watching Netflix or just not paying too much attention in the game ^^ they also will have "Shiny" in their name, like "Shiny Persian". That's how I didn't lose a shiny Meowth last year xD

I only saw "Shiny Persian" when I'd already hit Surf so there was nothing I could do lol 

I'll have to put sound on, but I just wasn't expecting a shiny when I was just levelling :)

Just now, Stickbow0 said:

I only saw "Shiny Persian" when I'd already hit Surf so there was nothing I could do lol 

Oh boy, that is sad to watch xd I'm sorry for your loss

5 minutes ago, Stickbow0 said:

I just wasn't expecting a shiny when I was just levelling :)

They come when you least expect.

cUdmEIj.png

If it makes you feel any better I found a shiny Sawsbuck while training in story and muscle memory killed it before my brain processed the sound. I've at least double checked every encounter since, even if I'm watching something else while hunting. The loss of a shiny hurts, but the potential of missing a shiny like that makes it all the more fun! Imagine if you were hunting a rare animal irl, you could easily goof it, kinda makes it too easy to have a prompt that pauses the game for you till you pay attention to the fact that it's a shiny but that's just my opinion.

15 hours ago, Dibz said:

kinda makes it too easy to have a prompt that pauses the game for you till you pay attention to the fact that it's a shiny but that's just my opinion.

I see your point, I think I just needed somewhere to rage about missing the shiny lol

12 hours ago, Stickbow0 said:

I see your point, I think I just needed somewhere to rage about missing the shiny lol

*hug* I'd like to say it gets better but it doesn't, the hurt never goes away. Use it to motivate yourself to keep hunting <3

Yeh sorry for your loss bro. At least you killed it which imo is not that bad \▪▪/. I lost a shiny deino due to a bug on android and nothing can be done sadly, except creating a ticket for the bug and fixing it.

Edit: I just bought a shiny deino afterwards and still see it as my ot 100%.

Edited by Goku
3 minutes ago, Goku said:

Yeh sorry for your loss bro. At least you killed it which imo is not that bad \▪▪/. I lost a shiny deino due to a bug on android and nothing can be done sadly, except creating a ticket for the bug and fixing it.

Edit: I just bought a shiny deino afterwards and still see it as my ot 100%.

What bug is that?  Feel free to post it in the bug reports section so I can look into it.

1 hour ago, Munya said:

What bug is that?  Feel free to post it in the bug reports section so I can look into it.

Trust me devs know of it. It's the bug on android when you summon a horde and go into chat the horde appears over the chat.

Edit: basically the run option appears over the send button in chat. Yeh and to the entire community you can thank me after this shit is fixed because as far as I am concerned I'm the only one who mentioned this bullshit?

Edited by Goku
1 hour ago, Munya said:

the android client itself is a big bug. Legit, from the screen going black when entering buildings, to MM starting and not showing for you, you have to relog to be sure it started or not, from mons appearing above chat, from chat going bonkers and sometimes doubling multiple times the logs, not just 1 time, like in the normal client, I've seen instances of 5+ at a time. From getting stuck on the loading screen due to unknown factors, so much garbage. Also for the love of god, make it so that it has a check if you really want to run from a mon, make it optional, so people can use it at their own will, this help those who want to click on the bag and fat finger run, missing on a shiny.

7 minutes ago, razimove said:

the android client itself is a big bug. Legit, from the screen going black when entering buildings, to MM starting and not showing for you, you have to relog to be sure it started or not, from mons appearing above chat, from chat going bonkers and sometimes doubling multiple times the logs, not just 1 time, like in the normal client, I've seen instances of 5+ at a time. From getting stuck on the loading screen due to unknown factors, so much garbage. Also for the love of god, make it so that it has a check if you really want to run from a mon, make it optional, so people can use it at their own will, this help those who want to click on the bag and fat finger run, missing on a shiny.

Yeh and android has been out a while now... feel like bugs should have been a priority long ago otherwise they shouldn't have released the android client. Ohh and when you complain they can't do shit for you cuz they didn't know the bug was there??

Edit: I mean like come on... that moment you don't have time to play but you're motivated to get that shiny and when you finally encounter it you lose it due to a shitty bug and they be like ohh sorry we can't help you... I'm not mad I'm just disappointed.

Edited by Goku
6 hours ago, razimove said:

Also for the love of god, make it so that it has a check if you really want to run from a mon, make it optional, so people can use it at their own will, this help those who want to click on the bag and fat finger run, missing on a shiny.

10/10 suggestion

4 hours ago, Insensitivity said:

N16dpEj.gif

Also oooo pretty mod, I just use the HD battle sprite mod but only downloaded the shiny sprites.

16 hours ago, razimove said:

Legit, from the screen going black when entering buildings, from chat going bonkers and sometimes doubling multiple times the logs, From getting stuck on the loading screen due to unknown factors

I play on pc and have encountered these bugs. Not just a mobile issue 

3 hours ago, SuperEeveeTedd said:

I play on pc and have encountered these bugs. Not just a mobile issue 

I played pc for quite some years, in fact I sometimes do the effort of logging, and I never had them. Chat doubling once happens, that's been here since forever, easy to reproduce aswell, but on android doens't happen just once, it's 4/5 times. 

8 minutes ago, razimove said:

I played pc for quite some years, in fact I sometimes do the effort of logging, and I never had them. Chat doubling once happens, that's been here since forever, easy to reproduce aswell, but on android doens't happen just once, it's 4/5 times. 

Maybe, but the screen going black when leaving buildings happens a lot on pc. At least for me, it happens every day. 

6 hours ago, Munya said:

It's a lag issue I'm pretty sure, happens to me on neither client unless I know my internet is being slow

Why can't we just establish some kind of deal with the devs. I mean let's be honest if someone loses a shiny due to an error or a bug in game it's beyond easy to compensate such a player. I had a tyrogue evolve into a hitmonlee when it should've became a hitmontop and I got devs to help me make it a hitmontop. It's not an unreasonable request, rather just a understandable one. Effort equals rewards and if rewards are obscured by glitches or bugs how is that the user's fault? Okay I understand devs take no liability but think about this for 1 moment, imagine you want to hire a storage and store shit in it, if that shit gets stolen who's fault is it? Yours or the company who owns the storage facility? It's the basics honestly.