Separate PVP (Matchmaking) and Official Events by language / region.

KuroShido

Question

7 answers to this question

7 hours ago, KuroShido said:

I suggest that Events and Matchmaking (PVP) be separated by Language/Region criteria to make it easier for players who do not know English or a different foreign language. And for those who want to battle different people or foreign events without region restrictions, it would be nice to have both options, Matachmaking and Events of their Language /Region and Mixed Region. 

This would make it easier to organize everything, as well as bring greater autonomy for players to socialize with players of their language / region and also have the power of choice if some want to go to mixed events or their language.

I think already exist an option where you can mute other languages. No need to literally build a wall between people from diferent languages. 

It is assume that this is a community game where everybody can play and be friend from other people even with that language wall. 

17 hours ago, KuroShido said:

I suggest that Events and Matchmaking (PVP) be separated by Language/Region criteria to make it easier for players who do not know English or a different foreign language. And for those who want to battle different people or foreign events without region restrictions, it would be nice to have both options, Matachmaking and Events of their Language /Region and Mixed Region. 

This would make it easier to organize everything, as well as bring greater autonomy for players to socialize with players of their language / region and also have the power of choice if some want to go to mixed events or their language.

This is not something that they will do. It's always been policy for staff hosting events to have them available to all players regardless of language. Capture contests typically feature translations for the most commonly used languages in game as is. Back when I hosted Find a Friend I always had the rounds as English/Spanish/Portuguese/German/Italian/Chinese trying to accommodate as many players as possible.

Lol why divide the small comp community we have there ? 

I mean sure you can make tournaments by country but then what even is the point ? (And by the way there were some brazilian exclusive tournaments for instance)

Only the chinese will ever be able to run 128 people tournaments if we do it this way xD

For matchmaking it's even worse. We can't properly queue for UU and NU with all the community so what would you expect from a divided one ? 

Edited by TohnR
4 hours ago, TohnR said:

Lol por que dividir a pequena comunidade de comp que temos lá? 

Quero dizer que você pode fazer torneios por país, mas qual é o objetivo? (E, a propósito, houve alguns torneios exclusivos brasileiros, por exemplo)

Somente os chineses serão capazes de realizar torneios de 128 pessoas se fizermos dessa maneira xD

Para matchmaking é ainda pior. Não podemos enfileirar corretamente UU e NU com toda a comunidade, então o que você esperaria de uma dividida? 

Yes, you're right. For small communities of some, the solution could be to team up with other communities that speak the same language. As they already do Global Chat (PT) where is Portuguese and Brazilian, among others. And in some ways the Chinese have a certain advantage because they are numerous. That's why I had suggested that the criterion be language / region. But should the community grow, surely my suggestion in the future may be viable. In Matchmaking I believe it was an exaggeration, thanks for commenting and explaining it to me. You are right anyway.

19 hours ago, Xigbar said:

Eu acho que já existe uma opção em que você pode silenciar outros idiomas. Não há necessidade de literalmente construir um muro entre pessoas de diferentes idiomas. 

Supõe-se que este seja um jogo da comunidade em que todos possam jogar e ser amigos de outras pessoas, mesmo com esse muro de idiomas. 

Yes, in chat it is possible to silence languages, it is a good feature, I not only use it because I can more or less communicate with those who speak English and Spanish, but other languages I silence. 

8 hours ago, XelaKebert said:

Isso não é algo que eles farão. Sempre foi política da equipe que hospeda eventos disponibilizá-los para todos os jogadores, independentemente do idioma. Os concursos de captura geralmente apresentam traduções para os idiomas mais usados no jogo como estão. Quando eu hospedei o Find a Friend, sempre tive as rondas em inglês / espanhol / português / alemão / italiano / chinês, tentando acomodar o maior número possível de jogadores.

Cool, congratulations on doing your part, keep it up as the community can grow and the game can improve. Pokémon has a lot of fans, but it has no official MMORpg, and the PokeMMO model would be cool for those who know it, but you need to get the info to them.