What's your current opinion on PokéMMO?

What's your current opinion on PokéMMO?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. I wanna know your opinion about the game right now, how do you feel about it and, if possible, tell what's the thing that makes you wanting to come back again and again.

• I like the game alot, I never get tired of it and it's awesome! Love it <3
    • I like it but it has some things that I don't like at all, it's still a nice game to play and still entertains me.
    • I liked but it doesn't attract me anymore, I stay for my friends/ team/ competitive but nothing else.
    • I don't like PokeMMO at all, it became boring and I'm not interested anymore, I'm in the forums only cuz nostalgia.
    • I don't know/ Don't wanna anwser.
    • Other (comment your personal opinion).
  2. 2. Now, let me ask you another one, what feature do you feel the game is lacking right now? You can choose more than one question.

• New regions! (Johto, Sinnoh, Almia, etc).
    • Postgame content! (Finish the Battle Frontier, Dungeons, Legendaries)
    • More interaction with the teams! (Team missions, team rank, etc).
    • Economic Stability! (Fixing GTL, prizes, idk)
    • A Better Chat! (Something like team recruiting chat, more control when chatting or something like that...)
    • Multilanguaje forums and/or support! (By support I mean, less effort to understand the other person in PokeMMO).
    • I don't know/ Don't wanna anwser
    • Other (Leave a comment)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/22/19 at 03:59 AM

While the game can be appealing for new players, I find nothing's there for after-story. I liked the idea of a Pokemon MMO, but if I have to simply finish the storyline, wouldn't I be better off with the original games? PokeMMO has lots of problems long from being addressed:

-They want to introduce new regions (and I'd love Sinnoh and Johto), but they didn't even finished implementing the old ones;

-No Battle Frontier;

-No tag battle 2Pvs2P (how many times did we ask for that?);

-Overworld and NPC animations both have problems, but nobody ever even answer me for bug reports about moves/battle/overworld/characters;

-Updates only add those stupid and worthless vanities we'd all be better off without;

-Idiotic choices brought (as I already said multiple times) to the point where not even competitive play is fun. Among those problems I'll report again only the "perfect breeding" system and everything it causes (sick mechanics for breeding and all pokemon become the same in the end);

-They screwed with core items, mechanics, NPC rewards/gifts and moves;

- No UU or NU PvP battles: in the end, even if I always use non-OU pokemon, I always end up seeing the same 15 pokemon every single time, out of more than 500 out there;

I could go on but I think I made the point. Now I often pass months without even connecting: I'm still here only for pokemon I trained and to use them in battle with my friends, but that apparently is worth nothing, since all in all what @razimove said is true: people now just play vanityMMO.

I love the fact that PokeMMO exists, and I thank the devs for their work; what I want to do is just warn them that PokeMMO is getting away both from being a Pokemon game and from being a MMO.

1 hour ago, Ben11 said:

-Idiotic choices brought (as I already said multiple times) to the point where not even competitive play is fun. Among those problems I'll report again only the "perfect breeding" system and everything it causes (sick mechanics for breeding and all pokemon become the same in the end);

Can you elaborate on that? Perfect IVs are not needed for comp play. The breeding system makes total sense in a MMO enviroment.

And all Pokes are the same? I run several different sets of the same Pokes and come up with new ones all the time/ run into them. Sounds like a lack of creativity/research.

Edit: Well, I don't really run into a lot of randoms with creative stuff, just saying the possibilty is there. Bad wording.

Edited by Caliginosus
6 hours ago, kentooii said:

Banning of accounts permanently should be adjusted. Either youll be giving a chance to a banned player or just lessen the length of it. There was always been a two sides of the story of getting banned and you guys sticking on what the reporter has been reported to you. 

No buddy. You break the rules, its your fault. Who cares about the other side, rules are there. 

21 minutes ago, Caliginosus said:

I run several different sets of the same Pokes and come up with new ones all the time/ run itno them.

Become friends then 'cuz you are the 1 on 10.000.

In all the competitive PvP I do the foe's pokemon are always about the same ten in rotation with identical movesets (thanks smogon because, yes, they are exactly those sets copied and pasted).

But this is certainly not a PokeMMO fault, rather a PokeMMO playes one.

22 hours ago, Munya said:

The prizes are the same for both.

4x25 is shiny only, you could request more non-shiny I guess if you want perfect comps.

let's be honest catching event prizes are more consistent sometimes than shiny prizes on competitive tournaments.

i've seen an entire week a few weeks or months ago where the only prize that week was a maractus, while in catching event there was stuff like gyarados and idk what other poke.

I would like to express my opinion.Pls excuse any grammar english is not my native.Here a list of the things i like and dont like about this game

PROS

-the concept alone

-accesible in many devices

-free to play

-content in general(regions etc)

CONS

-no legendaries

-tidius breeding

-no johto

-you can buy ingame curency with real money(by buying an item and then sell it for pokeyen)

-the tremendous amount of grinding required to play competive and do anything basically

-shiny hunting sucks cuz the chances are so low

Personally i can deal with all the cons except the grinding one.I mean why do we have to grind so much just for fucking ingame currency.People need to grind for real money irl you know?

so they can make a living.Games supposed to be fun and a way to spend your time doing something your like.But this is just stupid

1 hour ago, lallo17 said:

Become friends then 'cuz you are the 1 on 10.000.

In all the competitive PvP I do the foe's pokemon are always about the same ten in rotation with identical movesets (thanks smogon because, yes, they are exactly those sets copied and pasted).

But this is certainly not a PokeMMO fault, rather a PokeMMO playes one.

The part I quoted sounded like he's blaming the game for it. Of course I don' claim to see different sets from other players a lot.

Was more talking about myself, friends and that the possibilty is definitely there.

So yea, basically your last sentence is what I tried to say.

Those smogon sets.. I refer to smogon a lot too, but one can often meet players who use sets that don't even make sense in PokeMMO (like things that rely on Hidden Abilities).

Edited by Caliginosus
39 minutes ago, Caliginosus said:

Those smogon sets.. I refer to smogon a lot too, but one can often meet players who use sets that don't even make sense in PokeMMO (like things that rely on Hidden Abilities).

I just want to clarify that I am not against consulting specialized guides especially for beginners in competitive PvP, but relying too much on those supports brought to an absurd laziness and a flattening of the meta; as you rightfully say, and I totally share your opinion, using sets that are sensless for pokeMMO is just the dimonstration of the blindness of who uses those.

However I share also the point of view of @Ben11; for each one of us who uses "good pokémons", there are hundreds and hundreds of perfect breeder which brought to the afore mentioned flattening of the meta.

Now, again, I am not saying that wanting to maximise the stats of your pokémon is bad (I would be a fool to say that), but that a hydilliac (and objectively inactuable) randomness in IVs and , very partially, in EVs in PvP would give the meta that "OMG I didn't expected this, good idea!" I think we all are searching for. ^^

2 hours ago, Caliginosus said:

Can you elaborate on that? Perfect IVs are not needed for comp play. The breeding system makes total sense in a MMO enviroment.

And all Pokes are the same? I run several different sets of the same Pokes and come up with new ones all the time/ run into them. Sounds like a lack of creativity/research.

Edit: Well, I don't really run into a lot of randoms with creative stuff, just saying the possibilty is there. Bad wording.

1) I totally agree on the fact that perfect IVs are not needed, as a matter of fact, paradoxically none of the pokemon I train for competitive has a single 31. I'm really creative too, both for pokemon species and movesets, which are all original.

2) What I mean by "all pokemon become the same" is that almost all players not only copy the sets they use from the Internet, but also breed to have perfect IVs, thus removing any kind of individual variability, (which is actually the original purpose of the IV mechanic in the first place); example: if 2 Kingdras both have same moves, nature, EV spread and even IVs, there's no difference remaining between the two of them.

3) I don't blame the game for what is a player's fault, I didn't mean that. What I meant is that in PokeMMO was given the players the chance of having perfect breeding in the first place, probably to please the fanbase, but that's something that was never possible in the original games (as a matter of fact, in Nintendo they actually took all preventative measures to avoid the offspring could inherit from parents more than one IV value in a manner that is directly controlled by the player). To balance the fact that perfect breeding is possible in PokeMMO, as opposed to the original games, they thought to make the daycare man keep the parents, in order to avoid one player could easily obtain many pokemon with multiple 31 IVs, so that in  order to do that, more grinding and money would be required. Thing is, people just go sick for all-31s-pokemon and breed, buy and sell them at a still impressive rate, meaning that changing the breeding mechanics didn't solve the problem, which, in turn, we wouldn't be facing at all if not for another previous change of breeding mechanics.

I hope my explanation isn't too contorted and that it cleared that misunderstanding out. I just didn't want to create a wall of text in my previous post, but it seems it needed to be done.

If that wasn't clear enough, I believe that online pokemon encyclopedias like bulbapedia should have pages about how the actual breeding mechanic works in pokemon games.

These days I just log on and off, sometimes I have the urge to do a gym run but idk I just never do it. It's hard earning money in the game now and trading is also undesired since everyone wants to buy things for next to nothing. The only thing appealing is hunting shinies and maybe a bit of competitive play but it's not nearly as hype as before. I guess we all just waiting on that update.

1 hour ago, Malorne said:

Honestly, the game doesn't bring that mmorpg feeling, you're basically solo in a game with thousands of ppl. But i guess thats the price to pay for sticking to the originals too much.

This is just me, but I actually like that aspect. I like seeing what other people are doing but they have no sway over my world at all.

Like when I do Eevee hunting it's nice to see I'm not alone, other people are suffering too, but they're not able to do what most MMORPG's let players do; kill each other, mess with spawns, generally be a nuisance.

7 hours ago, Ben11 said:

1) I totally agree on the fact that perfect IVs are not needed, as a matter of fact, paradoxically none of the pokemon I train for competitive has a single 31. I'm really creative too, both for pokemon species and movesets, which are all original.

2) What I mean by "all pokemon become the same" is that almost all players not only copy the sets they use from the Internet, but also breed to have perfect IVs, thus removing any kind of individual variability, (which is actually the original purpose of the IV mechanic in the first place); example: if 2 Kingdras both have same moves, nature, EV spread and even IVs, there's no difference remaining between the two of them.

3) I don't blame the game for what is a player's fault, I didn't mean that. What I meant is that in PokeMMO was given the players the chance of having perfect breeding in the first place, probably to please the fanbase, but that's something that was never possible in the original games (as a matter of fact, in Nintendo they actually took all preventative measures to avoid the offspring could inherit from parents more than one IV value in a manner that is directly controlled by the player). To balance the fact that perfect breeding is possible in PokeMMO, as opposed to the original games, they thought to make the daycare man keep the parents, in order to avoid one player could easily obtain many pokemon with multiple 31 IVs, so that in  order to do that, more grinding and money would be required. Thing is, people just go sick for all-31s-pokemon and breed, buy and sell them at a still impressive rate, meaning that changing the breeding mechanics didn't solve the problem, which, in turn, we wouldn't be facing at all if not for another previous change of breeding mechanics.

I hope my explanation isn't too contorted and that it cleared that misunderstanding out. I just didn't want to create a wall of text in my previous post, but it seems it needed to be done.

If that wasn't clear enough, I believe that online pokemon encyclopedias like bulbapedia should have pages about how the actual breeding mechanic works in pokemon games.

Just wanted to point out something, always go 31 speed on every mon, other than gyro ball/tr abusers, so you can reach/win important speed ties. Didnt read the rest

The AFK kick timer was what ruined the game.

On a serious note though, super interesting thread and really good discussion for once :o I don't think Sinnoh will revive the game. It'll definitely cause a huge spike in new and returning players the same way Unova did, but it'd also go back to being dead the same way. I think more endgame features for casual non-PvP play would keep more people interested in doing more than just afk because honestly, I can't seem to find a single reason to motivate myself to grind anymore, and most of the friends I talk to say the same, where they kinda start on a grind and then just give up. The same old grinding methods get boring after a while, even when you're just going by muscle memory, but a variety of things to do by yourself or with friends that you'd need to grind for makes it more bearable. What do we have for now?

1. PvP (OU matchmaking and events),

2. PvE events (99% catching contests, 2 a week on average, which is a good number),

3. PvP (with absolutely no argued reason why an untradeable shiny prize has to be 4x25 and not even 4x28), oh wait I already said PvP

3. Shiny hunting,

4. AFK

and it's been that way ever since I joined the game and before that too. 

I keep trying to log in from time to time and do something, but I end up just chatting for a bit, telling everyone I miss them, getting distracted and eventually AFK kicked, and trying again in a month. 

No uguu though, I love this game for some reason. Or is this Stockholm Syndrome?

Just now, Dibz said:

I don't think Sinnoh will revive the game. It'll definitely cause a huge spike in new and returning players the same way Unova did

Quesionable, Platinum's storyline and post-storyline content is really rich and continues (the plat battle island thingy cant remember the name) but yeah, in the end it'll be the same thing

4 minutes ago, Malorne said:

Quesionable, Platinum's storyline and post-storyline content is really rich and continues (the plat battle island thingy cant remember the name) but yeah, in the end it'll be the same thing

Okay, I agree with that. It'll probably revitalize the game a little longer than Unova did, but at the end of the day, we'll all run out of things to do and either move on or force ourselves back into it till we burn out or just don't care anymore. It won't sustain most players if it stagnates.

Oof, I definitely need to polish my english before making this kind of topics, too much Google translator.

Anyway I'm grateful by the great number of replies to this thread, I've read them all and made a conclusion: Another question.

This time I wanna know what do you think the game is missing to be interesting, so leave a comment!

Edited by Ultrajesus
Venezuelan here, low level ingrish
  • 2 weeks later...