What's your current opinion on PokéMMO?

What's your current opinion on PokéMMO?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. I wanna know your opinion about the game right now, how do you feel about it and, if possible, tell what's the thing that makes you wanting to come back again and again.

• I like the game alot, I never get tired of it and it's awesome! Love it <3
    • I like it but it has some things that I don't like at all, it's still a nice game to play and still entertains me.
    • I liked but it doesn't attract me anymore, I stay for my friends/ team/ competitive but nothing else.
    • I don't like PokeMMO at all, it became boring and I'm not interested anymore, I'm in the forums only cuz nostalgia.
    • I don't know/ Don't wanna anwser.
    • Other (comment your personal opinion).
  2. 2. Now, let me ask you another one, what feature do you feel the game is lacking right now? You can choose more than one question.

• New regions! (Johto, Sinnoh, Almia, etc).
    • Postgame content! (Finish the Battle Frontier, Dungeons, Legendaries)
    • More interaction with the teams! (Team missions, team rank, etc).
    • Economic Stability! (Fixing GTL, prizes, idk)
    • A Better Chat! (Something like team recruiting chat, more control when chatting or something like that...)
    • Multilanguaje forums and/or support! (By support I mean, less effort to understand the other person in PokeMMO).
    • I don't know/ Don't wanna anwser
    • Other (Leave a comment)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/22/19 at 03:59 AM

I like the concept of pokemmo alot, I just find that the game itself doesn't appeal to me at all. I like solo pve content. I don't do competitive, which is a massive chunk of the "end game". I havent tried shiny hunting, but I wouldn't try it here with its very low odds. Berry farming is too passive. The battle frontier is unfinished. The only thing I can do is alt runs or grinding items to sell. Dungeons won't help because of the cooperative nature of them. The only reason I'm really tuned into pokemmo is my friends and the eventual release of sinnoh. 

1 hour ago, superpichu999 said:

Dungeons won't help because of the cooperative nature of them.

I mean, you can probably solo dungeons, this is, if they're ever released. Since chinese see, monkey do, is how they work here, we're probably likely to see mystery dungeon release notice before we get another word about dungeons.
__

I played my fair share, out of almost 8k hours, probably at least 1/3 of those were active gameplay. My opinion is the same as ever, the devs only care about casuals, competitive players are like always, ignored. Therefor the comp scene sees every old player leaving the game/not interested in playing this. The events became worse, catch events, heck, even writting contests, get better prizes than tournaments. The active people now, are either crazy, or play vanityMMO.

PokeMMO has become a bit sterile to me. I think that automated tournaments were a great addition to this game, absolutely no doubt about it but that's about what killed the feel of PokeMMO to me. There was something about having hundreds of people visibly gathering to a single spot to play and spectate an event, something we can only experience in Team Tournaments anymore.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating for scraping automated tournaments as an idea, quite opposite having accessibility as a player is a great thing and more frequent tournaments. But something that would actually make the community gather up and actually have a chatter is something this game needs as far as I'm concerned. And no, catch events are not it.

3 hours ago, SirAlbert said:

Do you think that creating a sort of tournament building would be a good idea? Although people could change channels, I think it would bring some of that aspect of the old pokemmo back, no?

And by tournament building, I mean a building that a player would have to be at in order to participate in tournaments. I know this will be a downgrade, but I definitely believe that it would add more enjoyment to the game rather than it kinda feeling lonesome.

I would agree with that it would bring back the "old vibes" of the old days of PokeMMO but I am unsure if it would be a wise idea if I am completely honest. Automated tournaments were mainly created so everybody in the game had access to it, rather than just people that browse the forums. We also generally only had English threads with only specific time zones so many non native English speakers just did not even understand when those tournaments were. It also relieved a lot of stress from staff. From not needing to host/ref the PvP events and create brackets, role call and many more tedious things. I never minded any of it myself but I can definitely say it makes our lives a lot easier and it allowed us to create tournaments at times when we were usually all asleep/at work/at school etc. 

Now on the other hand I do think your suggestion has some good aspects to it. I could see it potentially working in this way:

The automated system remains how it is right now with regards of signing up and matching. And I don't think the automated tournaments itself are necessarily the problem here. It is the spectate function. If somehow the spectate function gets improved to let's say; everybody that wants to spectate a match needs to enter a room through the upstairs of the Pokecentre and only through there are you able to spectate all the matches. And while you are in there you are also with everybody else that is spectating. And you can talk in normal chat/some other chat with them. Predicting plays and talking about the matches without necessarily ruining the turns for the people that are battling. It would also somewhat bring back the feeling of being together watching tournaments while not undermining the current system that is in place. It would sort of destroy the freedom of being able to spectate from anywhere. But with how many Pokecentres that are in the entire game I doubt it will be much of a hassle. 

But again, this is just an idea I just thought of and it probably has some downsides I will get told by many people. On top of that this is just an idea, not an official thing that might happen in the future. So please do take it with a grain of salt. Just wanted to give my two cents on the situation.

All in all I can safely say that the old ways of hosting tournaments will not return. For standard tournaments at least. Team tournament/niche tournaments still get held in the old style of things.

catching events with better prizes than competitive events

actually shit prizes in general, we're getting 4x25 IV comps in 2019 lmao

bad updates

no round table

no dungeons

no legendaries

no sinnoh

ded gaem

I could go on

My current opinion about MMO? For the first time I'm seriously wondering if Sinnoh's arrival in 2022 will revive this game

30 minutes ago, RysPicz said:

catching events with better prizes than competitive events

actually shit prizes in general, we're getting 4x25 IV comps in 2019 lmao

The prizes are the same for both.

4x25 is shiny only, you could request more non-shiny I guess if you want perfect comps.

To the point a lot of people are making and something I noticed since coming back is the game lacks a real sense of community anymore. That being said there is nothing stopping the community from creating that sense of community. I’ve had discussions with teammates about holding tournaments where people actually have to sign up and show up to a specific location like we used to. These things used to be social events, everyone knew everyone and it was honestly the coolest aspect about the game and I think what actually made this game loosely “work” as an MMO. There is a lot more content than there used to be even compared to 2 or 3 years ago and there are new ways and items to grind so as a returning player who legit took a long hiatus without even looking at the damn game for a while I’d say overall the game has improved but it lost the aforementioned community feel in the process.  

I'm done bored, I've been almost a month without entering. I practically do not find more sense, the comp is limited, repetitive and boring. Once you understand the mechanics of how to raise pokes using pb you no longer need money so there is nothing to get. The upbringing eventually bored me with its modifications, the 6x31 and the inheritance of nature is an invention of this game, it ended up getting bored because the pvp categories make the battles always the same. Anyway.

I add that the updates also seem absurd to me, I don't care about cosmetics, I don't have any incentive to donate, because I don't care about shinys either, the other tiers are dead. It is sad, because I had a great time, but I have already played all the rom's at the time they left and the truth seems sadder to me that they intend to generate hype with a rom that is already more than 10 years old. I have more fun with my ps2 and its hard drive. I hope it changes soon.

Edited by Cacha

Game is ok right now, could be more great. . 

My Wish List:

-Active Matchmaking for UU/NU (I wish they can fix that so much - they can just do Week 1 OU, Week 2 UU Week 3 Nu)

-New Region's

-Round Table for Teams  (Good Times in 2013 <3 )

-Dungeon's 

-Team Missions/Daily Missions (Team only here for chatting right now..)

Edited by Spxter

The game right now is okay for new players since they have 3 complete regions to have a go at, and will soon have Sinnoh to play. However, as far as end-game content goes, it's a bit lackluster other than competitive play and shiny hunting. I've been playing this game for over 7 years now on and off, and the main reason I've quit a few times is simply because I get bored of the same old grinding methods.

For this game to succeed and to carry on going for many more years in the future, they need to consider adding more end-game content such as:

• Dungeons for catching legendary and hidden ability Pokemon (I know this is planned eventually, but I think this should have more priority over Sinnoh imo)
  • More content surrounding teams other than the social aspect, this could be a big one since the main reason people stick around is because of the friends they've made in their team - I'm talking team wars, team missions, team rewards etc.
  • More drive in the other tiers with regards to matchmaking - Something needs to be put in place that gives more opportunity for UU and NU to shine in matchmaking (and maybe even LC and doubles). Doing OU over and over again gets tedious when you don't mix it up a bit
  • Some kind of achievement system that gives you rewards based on certain actions (e.g. catch this pokemon in this amount of time, walk this many steps etc.)

P.S. bring back Off Topic and Round Table pls

1 hour ago, kloneman said:

The game right now is okay for new players since they have 3 complete regions to have a go at, and will soon have Sinnoh to play. However, as far as end-game content goes, it's a bit lackluster other than competitive play and shiny hunting. I've been playing this game for over 7 years now on and off, and the main reason I've quit a few times is simply because I get bored of the same old grinding methods.

For this game to succeed and to carry on going for many more years in the future, they need to consider adding more end-game content such as:

• Dungeons for catching legendary and hidden ability Pokemon (I know this is planned eventually, but I think this should have more priority over Sinnoh imo)
  • More content surrounding teams other than the social aspect, this could be a big one since the main reason people stick around is because of the friends they've made in their team - I'm talking team wars, team missions, team rewards etc.
  • More drive in the other tiers with regards to matchmaking - Something needs to be put in place that gives more opportunity for UU and NU to shine in matchmaking (and maybe even LC and doubles). Doing OU over and over again gets tedious when you don't mix it up a bit
  • Some kind of achievement system that gives you rewards based on certain actions (e.g. catch this pokemon in this amount of time, walk this many steps etc.)

P.S. bring back Off Topic and Round Table pls

While I agree with all of your points, the highlighted ones are the most important ones for me.

There's so much missed opportunity with mini games and team elements.

I guess a working NU queue would be enough for me to play daily. Show all Tiers upon opening the queue system, maybe give a one sentence heading which makes people realize that playing a lower tier doesn't mean you are a weaker player, add dailies that give bonus BP for the first win in each tier, and while we're at it increase the monetary vaule of BP (even if it's just by doubling BP gain in PvP). No new suggestions, but those would be the most impactful changes for me personally.

Achievments are a great idea!

Edited by Caliginosus

I’m not gonna say much about what I don’t like about the game/want in the game, solely because I’ve done so via prior General Discussion/Suggestion Box Threads.

If the devs are planning to put Sinnoh and Dungeons in MMO, they need to add a little more haste into the equation.

That’s all I have to say.

Edit: Also, why in the name of all things holy are the devs always so enigmatic about events such as Halloween and Christmas. If they gave us a 1-2 week notice instead of being hush-hush, chances are more people would be gearing up for the event(Training Pokemon, crafting items, etc.) instead of posting their doubts that the event in particular is actually going to happen

Edited by BoltBlades12

ᴱʷ ᵍʳᵒˢˢ ᴵ'ᵐ ᶜᵒᵐᵐᵉⁿᵗᶦⁿᵍ ᵒⁿ ˢᵒᵐᵉᵗʰᶦⁿᵍ ᵖᵘᵇˡᶦᶜ ᶠᵒʳ ᵒⁿᶜᵉ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ᵃᶦⁿ'ᵗ ᵐʸ ᶠᵒᵒᵈ ᵀʰʳᵉᵃᵈˀ ᴬᵇˢᵘʳᵈ ᵏᵉᵏ

If there's one thing I want, it would be multiplayer link co-op mini-games like the one we got from the Chinese New Year event (except actually permanent and not a one-off/once-a-year thing kek) or the fun ones that HG/SS have with their Pokéathlon. Maybe offer a small amount of BP or money to whoever wins the most rounds or something (nothing big though, we still wanna justify sweeping noobs in unranked or something). At least something casual and involving to keep us dogs fed under the table a bit until we can bite into the main course (aka the next big shazaam thingy update or whatever, too lazy to use proper terms and English kek)

Edited by Guest

There really needs to be a "I love it but it just needs more" option. Maybe even an "I love it but I'm taking a break until the next content drop" like I'm sure many people are doing.

I chose "Other",

I loved it but once I beat all 3 leagues, amassed more wealth than I know what to do with, got and trained every pokemon I like, I just... ran out of stuff to do. I'm not a completionist so the "catch them all!" goes over my head and I loathe PvP so that's that

Edited by Gravemind93

Banning of accounts permanently should be adjusted. Either youll be giving a chance to a banned player or just lessen the length of it. There was always been a two sides of the story of getting banned and you guys sticking on what the reporter has been reported to you. 

21 hours ago, Munya said:

The prizes are the same for both.

4x25 is shiny only, you could request more non-shiny I guess if you want perfect comps.

You misunderstood what I meant there, but Im more worried about the fact that you ignored the rest of the post, as if you agree with it. Unless you do not see any problems, then it's even worse than I initially anticipated

Edited by RysPicz
I embarris.

I am convinced that the overall game even today is really exciting; the concept of a Pokémon-based MMO is just fantastic and the job everyone is doing to keep it alive is stunning for me, but... there are lots of problems (And no, I am not only talking about technical issues or minor bugs, which are kinda secondary for me).

I am referring to makes an MMO a true MMO: double/triple battles with friends against foes/other friends, mainly, and new contents for  guilds.

This are the big lack of pokeMMO IMHO.

Yes, I am interested in new regions (Johto mainly), vanities (kinda), hidden abilities, the complete implementation of Battle Frontier, an actual place in the game to go in to attend classified tournaments or even mounts! (Yeah, I am exaggerating now, I know) but what would bring me back to pokemmo for real would be a true interaction with other players and places.

That's my personal idea of a good MMO; one that involves people playing it and that creates communities of players, technical issues aside.

That said, I want to thanks the awesome pokeMMO staff for the incredible job they're doing and the passion that, like us, they all share in doing it.

please develop Johto