Running multiple instances on the same device

Never thought of it, but what would you even need to open more than one instance on a device?

I would think about evolving pokemon by trade but I mean, it can be accomplished if you have a friend xD (which I don't, btw. I evolve with from one account to the other :'l)

5 hours ago, Rhyse said:

Never thought of it, but what would you even need to open more than one instance on a device?

I would think about evolving pokemon by trade but I mean, it can be accomplished if you have a friend xD (which I don't, btw. I evolve with from one account to the other :'l)

I plan to make money by using multiple accounts to rebattle trainers/gyms at the same time. If I was using 3 accounts it would be 3x the work however I would be making almost 3x the money per hour for example.

6 hours ago, Etozuri said:

I plan to make money by using multiple accounts to rebattle trainers/gyms at the same time. If I was using 3 accounts it would be 3x the work however I would be making almost 3x the money per hour for example.

It would be interesting, but wouldn't it be consider like, abusing the system somehow? Maybe some staff could clear my doubts o: Although, it is interesting.

5 hours ago, Rhyse said:

It would be interesting, but wouldn't it be consider like, abusing the system somehow? Maybe some staff could clear my doubts o: Although, it is interesting.

It's not possible to open multiple instances of the game without a 3rd party software for regular players. This is an intended feature, so by using 3rd party software to bypass this restriction, you are breaking the code of conduct and opening yourself up for a punishment (Most likely a Temp ban at first)

9 hours ago, Tyrone said:

It's not possible to open multiple instances of the game without a 3rd party software for regular players. This is an intended feature, so by using 3rd party software to bypass this restriction, you are breaking the code of conduct and opening yourself up for a punishment (Most likely a Temp ban at first)

Every time I saw this being discussed or even when I asked directly, the answer was always 'we discourage it'. Is it now firm that this is against the rules?

9 hours ago, Tyrone said:

I think it's unethical to have multiple instances open on 1 device when we already are able to use multiple devices.

17 minutes ago, Dazuzi said:

Every time I saw this being discussed or even when I asked directly, the answer was always 'we discourage it'. Is it now firm that this is against the rules?

Well you can't do it without breaking the rules so yes.

On 10/15/2019 at 12:14 AM, Goku said:

Well you can't do it without breaking the rules so yes.

It's a weird gray area which SGMs never directly addressed. Unless I missed it, the official reply has always been "it's technically not illegal if you're individually controlling each account manually, but it's something we advise against doing", which I understand but at the same time that means "hey you might get banned so it's better not to". 

Someone should clear it out with the dev team and make an official stance already, or just straight up say it's against the rules, since we all have to assume it is because it's a maybe-ban.

• 2 years later...

Hello, running PokeMMO on several devices is allowed. You can run one account at the time on each device. 

If you have some doubts about the rules don't hesitate to read the Code of Conduct https://pokemmo.eu/code_of_conduct/ and if you have questions don't hesitate to send messages to the staff in game or with a support request here https://support.pokemmo.eu/  

I hope that I answered your question ?

• 8 months later...

Sorry for necroposting, but:

Is it allowed to run the game on PC and Android, and then mirror the Adnroid screen to PC? Naturally, both instances will be controlled manually. It's just much more comprtable compared to having to switch physical devices.

I guess I could see a problem since the screen mirroring software uses "virtual" presses, since I will be controlling it with my keyboard.