[Writing Contest] Spooky Tales (31st October)

Gilan

kMKB3CH.jpg

Theme: Halloween Horror. Your post should be about a terrifying tale that befell you, your pokemon, or some other PokeMMO entity.

A few guidelines:

• It needs to be a horror story.
  • You're not necessarily expected to write the full story. Depends on how you visualize it. You could write the first chapter of a hypothetical book, you could write a movie synopsis. You can spoil the ending, or not. But make it thrilling!
  • It takes place in the universe of PokeMMO. Meaning you can reference game mechanics, involve teams and friends, etc. You can speak as if you were the trainer in the game or in front of your pc, it doesn't really matter. But it's PokeMMO.
  • Try to make something that stands out. We're not sure what to expect from your entries, but if it's good and it really stands out, you have a fair chance of getting places!

Rules:

• Word count: No less than 250, no more than 1500.
  • All submissions must include IGN, title, word count.
  • Only one entry per Forum Account. You are free to update/edit your post until the contests ends.
  • Entries must all be submitted before the deadline.
  • Be sure to put your entry in spoilers, so as not to stretch the page.
  • Make sure you're not breaking any of the basic PokeMMO rules: Here.
  • You're welcome to include art to illustrate your story, however it will not be judged.
  • Submissions must be posted during the timeframe of the event, not before or after.
  • No plagiarism. Please write original content.

Submission Dates:

Entries will be accepted until October 31st, 11.59pm EST

Prize:

415b0738a4a61f6ab6a9b6eed1ba3ff5.pngWinner's Prize

Gift Shiny yamask.gif

With your choice of nature, 2 moves with IVs 2x31 & 4x25

&

1,250 Reward Points

9efde86b8ecb1270d3da7f78dc656657.png Runner Up Prize

750 Reward Points

Judges:

Gilan

SneakyTeddi

Jerryzoo

Linfanz

MPDH

CommanderBlue

IGN TheGreatMe , Title Nightmare in Pokemon Tower, 583 Words

Spoiler

Me and my friends joined a voice chat and decided that we would link up while we were shiny hunting, one of them said that they wanted to search for a shiny Gastly as it was their favourite pokemon.  We looked at the wild locations list to see where you can catch them and found that they were common in the Pokemon Tower and Lost cave, unlike me my friends were not that far into Kanto so they could not access the Lost cave so they decided to hunt in the tower. I made my way to the Lost cave as I wanted the higher-level encounters, but my friends got upset with the fact I am leaving them there. I said that there is nothing to worry about and that nothing is going to happen, and with that we all started hunting.

About an hour into the hunt I decided to get something to eat, my friends bet me that one of them would get a shiny before I got back so I agreed. After agreeing to the bet, I dashed to get some food from the kitchen. When I got back, I could see that one of my friends was missing from the link group, I quickly put my headset on to see what happened and my other friend was panting and screamed to me “DON’T GO TO THE POKEMON TOWER IT’S NOT SA-” but got disconnected from the call and left the link group. 

I thought that they were joking and that they were trying to hide something like a new Halloween even for the game and that they went into a separate call to prank me, so I decided to make my way to the tower. When I made it there, I noticed that there were no other players, but this was channel 1 and normally at least a person would be here... Confused I made my way into the pokemon tower to see that there were people looking at the walls and they were all in encounters upon spectating a few of them I saw that all of them were in fights against Gastly with their own pokemon feinted, slowly making my way up the tower I saw my friends characters were also facing the walls with their pokemon feinted. 

This was either an extremely well organised event or something bad was going on, I checked my friends list and saw that both of them were offline. After I exited my friends list all of the characters that were at the top of the tower left their battles and at the same time looked directly at me as their heads twisted to the back of their body, and one by one started to walk in my direction. I booked it down the stairs to the floor with the seal as it was the only one that had no players on it, but it was no use. 

They charged down the stairs after me so I ran for the exit and the same thing was happening on all the other floors, they were exiting battles and turning to look at me. Finally, I made it to the bottom floor, to the exit but... when I made it to the door it said “This function is not yet implemented” and the game crashed. 

I have never played again since it happened and my friends can't recall ever playing on that day. However I did manage to take one screenshot as evidence...

AcISxb9.png

Edited by ThatGreatGuy1

uRhyse. A door, some footsteps, a mask, a door. 1088 words.

Spoiler

I used to like to take long walks with my pokemon. Not looking at my pone, not looking at the map, not looking at the destination. Unova is a great place to explore, but the forests were the best, lots of long shadows and fresh breeze was always welcomed.

I took out my pokemon to train since I was about to battle the Pokemon League, so I had to make myself stronger along my companions. We walked and we walked for hours, battling pokemon and healing them, I would heal mine when I reach a town or a city, without notice, the day soon would fall and it was harder to see since the big trees didn’t let the moonlight pass through.

I sigh, thinking that I would need to camp outside. I never liked that.

Soon, I would come across a big house, hidden between a mountain and some trees. Maybe the person living there could help me sleep inside and let my pokemon rest, so I reach the door and give it a few knocks, but I didn’t receive any feedback from inside. I went around and try to take a look inside, but everything looked really dusty and I started to guess that maybe no one was living there anymore. It was a two stories tall house, it’s weird seeing a house that big in the middle of nowhere abandoned. I decided to take a look and I tried to open the door. It was unlocked.

I saw that there were some light bulbs on the roof so I turned on the lights switch. Some would turn on, but the others started to blink a little bit, maybe it was because it was old. It didn’t seem like a fancy house, it looked like someone careless was living there, or at least, someone that couldn’t take care of himself pretty well. There was a kitchen on my right hand, with a table and a single chair. The table was full of papers covered in dust and a cup of coffee half finished. It was cold, rotten, most probably. The fridge had some stuff, but the expiration date was from 6 years ago.

I walked to the living room, it had an old TV, probably way too old. I tried to turn it on but it only showed static with a loud noise. I turned down the volume but the light from it would help me since the light bulb wasn’t working on that room. I took the papers of the table to try to read them on the living room. I had to blow off the dust on them because there was too much dust and dirt, soon, I could read, these were something like scientific reports, I wasn’t sure, it was hard to read and I was not an expert on the topic, but I was sure that it had to do with experiments on the area.

Aparently, there was a scientific here that came to investigate about ghost type pokemon and how they would react to… hard scientific methods to force them fuse, or evolve. I started to get nervous, I couldn’t understand how, why, and when they did this. Some sweat of my forehead fell on the papers and suddenly the lights and the TV turned off.

I felt frighten. My hands were shaking, but I draw the logic side, maybe the electric fuses were too old and couldn’t handle the power takes. Any of my pokemon could not make any source of light so I didn’t want to bother them when they were tired. I walked through a little corridor that leads to a staircase with a door at the end. I saw some pictures hanging on the wall of a scientist with some pokemon and what would appear to be a family. All the faces were damaged, like if someone tried to erased them with their hands.

I had shivers going through my whole body. I had a feeling that this wasn’t right. I walked fast to the main door and get out of there, but it was now locked. Now I knew this wasn’t right at all. My breathing fastened a lot. I felt exhausted suddenly when I heard the door from upstairs open slowly.

Samurott, come with me. – I took his pokeball from my bag and throwed it slowly and he appeared. He agreed and walked with me through the house and we reached the corridor. The door was half opened indeed.

I went upstairs carefuly, only to see darkness and a little bit of light from the window. There was a bed and a lot of long tables with scientific stuff. Valves with liquids inside and books opened all over the place, even on the floor. I tried to walk to the window and open it but I couldn’t, I even tried to break the glass, but I couldn’t. This wasn’t normal. I guessed that it was a pokemon making me trapped in here. Maybe a pokemon tortured by the scientist?

I tried to search stuff that could help me in my situation, I found a key. I ran down to the main entrance of the house and try to open the door with the key, but it didn’t fit. It was too large for it. Maybe it opened something else. I asked Samurott to look for a door. We looked through the whole house with no luck, until he pushed the sofa from the living room and discovered a ladder hatch on the floor. It had a hole where the key did fit, so I opened it. I heard footsteps upstairs and I started to panic. I returned Samurott to his pokeball and opened the hatch to go down. It was way too dark, I could barely see anything. I found a switch and I turned it on. There was light, but there was a dead body at the end of the room. It had a weird mask on his face. My breathing was too heavy and I was paralyzed and then, I saw the red eyes of a Yamask peeking from behind a table. I screamed, and then I realized, I was in front of the main entrance again, but everything was dark, like when I first entered.

I didn’t know what was happening, I tried to force the door to escape but I couldn’t, it was like if I went back in time, starting all over again. Then, I heard the footseps again.

I hope you like it! Maybe it was a little bit bad because I'm a Spanish native speaker and I'm not used to write long stories in English, but I tried my best ;u;.

Edited by Rhyse

| IGN:Drieza | Story Name: Execute Order Pelipper | Word Count: 518 | 

Spoiler

Growing up, my mother always told me "Never stay out at night." To be quite honest, I wasn't one to listen. Maybe I should've. Maybe If I had listened, This wouldn't have happened.

One night, A Group of Trainers had decided to put caution to the wind, and play some hide and seek. This took place over all regions. The trainers lets call them Jerky, Malfoy, Deno, Reacher, Robin, and Ryner. Five of the six were hiding in the Unova region. While one of their comrades gave them time to hide. One of the boys was a Ninja. At least from what I could tell. As his hiding spot. It was inside someone else's house. Above their bed. I thought to myself, When I saw him. How creepy is that? Anyway, the house belongs to a wrinkly old man. Who went by the name Jason. Jason had gotten the title "Best Comp Player" back when he was our age. Moving on, the boys were sharing a laugh. About being found and what not. Something they didn't know. Robin had stolen a pokeball from Jason's property. Jerky, Who you could call the leader of our little group. Immediately wanted Robin to return said pokeball. Although, He didn't. 

So, Later that night. Jason had wandered into the Kanto Region. To find his pokeball. What he found, Was something he didn't see coming. The six boys all dressed up and executed order pelipper which was a ritual. This ritual was used for a new member of the group. The existing members would toss the new member into the Pokemon Tower to spend the night. Upon completion of this ritual. The member would become apart of the group. Now, why would they want Jason? Jason had unique abilities. Something he could teach the boys. So, He was lured and monitored in the Pokemon Tower. As Jason was in this old, broken tower. Jason had disappeared from their eyes. The boys noticed this and thought something was off. Jerky, wandered in making sure the old man was okay. The rest stayed behind. Jerky climbed 2 floors looking for the old man. Still nothing. Upon going up the third flight of stairs. He meets a wild Cubone. Looking for its mother. The Cubone seemed disturbed. Jerky, Being the helpful kid he is, wanted to help. The Cubone suddenly started whimpering. Which was odd. Jerky turned around and nothing. He just vanished. The other boys heard screams coming from the tower. So Malfoy and Reacher decided to go run in.

Later, Deno, Robin and Ryner heard 2 more screams coming from the tower. The boys ran away. To this day, No one knows what had happened. There was a police investigation lead by Officer Jenny. The only thing she found. 3 sets of pokeballs which were teams of 6 pokemon. No Jason, No Jerky, No Reacher, No Malfoy. 

At the end of the day, I guess we really should've listened to our parents. I still miss my friends, The ones who went missing. It was horrific. Till this day, I hear those screams...

THE END

Edited by KingDrizzy
Fixing some mistakes, I had written this in Notepad. It messed up.

Hi all, please see my PokeMMO story submission in the spoiler text. It's inspired by Drifloon's Pokedex entires, which I've always found fascinating: "It tugs on the hands of children to steal them away. However, it gets pulled around instead. These Pokémon are called the 'Signpost for Wandering Spirits.' Children holding them sometimes vanish." The story includes a few PokeMMO references that I thought some of the more seasoned players might appreciate. Hope you enjoy!

IGN: Renola | Title: Drifting Away  | Word count: 1494

Spoiler

It began like any other day in PokeMMO at the Daycare in Route 3 of Unova. As usual, a sea of player characters were swarming the Old Man. Disappointed mumbles could be heard as trainers realized the baby Pokemon they hatched just weren’t Jolly or Timid enough for their liking. Other trainers were literally throwing money at the Old Man, demanding that their Pokemon egg be a female. I nodded at the Old Man and gestured to my two Mienshao, revealing I was only here for the same reason as everyone else.

As the Old Man led my two Mienshao behind the building, I couldn’t help but notice the faint laughter of children in the distance. That’s right, I remembered, the children’s school was directly adjacent to the Daycare.

“Hey Wendy, I bet you can’t catch me!” Doyle, one of the preschoolers, yelled.

“The only thing I’ll catch from you is cooties!” young Wendy shouted, tumbling over as Nursery Aide Autumn rushed to her help.

I smirked to myself, recalling memories of myself being that young and starting my first Pokemon adventure. However, my thoughts were interrupted by the Old Man returning:

“Your two Mienshao magically disappeared forever, but left us with this egg. We don’t know how it got there!” he exclaimed as if I hadn’t heard this story from him a thousand times already. “You do want this egg, yes?”

“YES” I said, carefully accepting the egg into my hands. This same process continued for a few hours, until the sun began to set as the children went home and the player characters dispersed. Although it was getting dark, I continued to aimlessly ride my bike back and forth throughout the playground to encourage my new baby Mienfoo to hatch. “Whatever happens, I just want this Mienfoo to be happy and healthy. And preferably Alert to Sounds,” I whispered to the egg lovingly.

I was admiring the beauty of the moon shining down upon the playground when my thoughts were interrupted by a voice:

“Hey!” the shrill voice screamed.

I jumped back a little in surprise and felt my heart began to race. Someone had come to hurt me or my baby Mienfoo on this unimposing night! I gulped and quickly grabbed my things, beginning to bike away.

“Hey, mister! HEY!” the voice boomed from right behind me. I let out a small shriek and turned around, prepared to face my worst nightmare. The shadowed figure behind me opened its mouth:

“Hey, mister. Have you seen my Pokeball? I think I dropped it when I fell over earlier.” 

I immediately realized my mistake. The mysterious assailant was merely Wendy, the preschooler I saw this afternoon. Laughing out of embarrassment, I told the young girl that I noticed a Pokeball on the ground by the slide. She thanked me and began darting towards it. All was well, but I couldn’t help but feel like something was still amiss.

In my peripheral vision, I glimpsed at a floating blob far off in the distance. Its eyes were shining in the darkness, clearly watching me and Wendy. After my first scare, I assumed it was a cute little Pokemon that might have been lost, so I began approaching it. Upon further inspection, it appeared to be a purple balloon Pokemon with beaded eyes. 

Wait, is that a Drifloon? I’d maybe seen a couple of Drifblim in my life at the Giant Chasm, but a Drifloon was unheard of in somewhere like this because they’re normally native to Sinnoh. I knew had to catch it, since it would surely sell for millions on the Global Trade Link! Unfortunately, I reached into my bag and realized that I’d left most of my team in the PC.

While I was deliberating what to do, I saw Preschooler Wendy accidentally kick her Pokeball off into the distance, directly towards the Drifloon. She ran toward the Pokemon and looked up, smiling at the Drifloon's cute outward appearance. It warmed my heart to see how adorable the girl and the harmless Pokemon looked together. 

After the two played together for a little bit, Wendy bowed to the Drifloon and said, “Sorry, I have to get going now, but it was really fun to play with you!” The expressionless Drifloon, unphased by her comment, beckoned for her to come closer. Trustingly, Wendy grasped the “hands” of the Drifloon with her own. Suddenly, it tugged for her to follow, and the Drifloon and Wendy disappeared around the corner at a rapid pace.

I realized what was happening and began shouting Wendy’s name. Without thinking, I hopped off my bike and bolted after them. However, I wasn’t paying attention and smacked right into the bars on the jungle gym, slamming into the ground as everything went black.

By the time I had awoken, I could tell it was morning again. A crowd of player characters were behind me, cheering at something in the distance. As soon as the grogginess faded, I remembered that Wendy had been kidnapped and jumped up. My bicycle and bag were missing, and the only possession I had on me was a Pokeball that contained the newly hatched Mienfoo. I bolted toward the crowd and grabbed the shoulder of one of the players with silver hair:

“Hey, could you tell me what’s going on? Have you seen a little girl and a Drifloon?!” I yelled urgently.

“Of course I have. There are Drifloon all over, and they’ve come to take us to the Sinnoh region! Platinum confirmed!” the silver-haired player proclaimed.

“W-What?” I  stuttered in a confused daze, finally letting my eyes focus on what the crowd had been enamored with. Throughout the playground and in the sky, there had to be at least 99 purple Drifloon floating around. One of the Drifloon floated down and gestured to the silver-haired player character I had been speaking with. Unhesitatingly, the player put his hand on the Drifloon as it guided him away, whispering sweet nothings about the OP Garchomp he’ll have in Sinnoh.

The only Pokemon I had on me was the baby Mienfoo, but I had to do something. I chucked my Pokeball toward the Drifloon, and the Mienfoo emerged. I ordered Mienfoo to use Hi Jump Kick, but it kept going and crashed right through the ghost-type. One by one, the player characters grabbed onto the Drifloon and were led away, foolishly believing that they were actually being taken to Sinnoh. I kicked and screamed against my inevitable fate, but a horde of five Drifloon circled me and lifted my body into the air. One of the Drifloon cast Hypnosis on me and I quickly felt reality slip away into nothingness.

Upon awakening, I found myself and dozens of other player characters strapped to chairs in a building. I looked around and realized I recognized this place: It was Fennel’s dream lab in Striation City. However, the room was pitch black and Fennel was absent. I quickly realized that it was futile to attempt to escape the chair, so I stopped struggling and accepted my fate. I heard Preschooler Wendy sobbing silently in the distance and player characters panicking because even their Logoff button wasn’t working. I put my head down and waited for what seemed like hours until the time finally came:

“Welcome. I hope you’ve enjoyed your last moments of consciousness,” a deep voice bellowed. A large, pitch-black figure materialized from the wall in front of us. It was Darkrai. I would have been excited to see a mythical Pokemon for the first time, but I felt nothing but sorrow and misery after realizing Darkrai’s intentions. 

“I have to thank the Drifloon for luring all of you here, but unfortunately, we’re not going to Sinnoh today,” Darkrai began, “but you trainers are going on a journey.” Darkrai paused for a moment, basking in the fear of impending doom displayed in the faces of the trainers. “You will be going to the Dream World, though. More specifically, the Bad Dreams World. Your eternal nightmares will provide me with tremendous amounts of energy that feeds from your suffering. Your body will become an empty shell, and your mind will be an inescapable prison of torture and torment.”

I couldn’t believe this was going to happen to myself and the other trainers, all because we let a cute little Drifloon lead us away. My last moments of consciousness forever ceased as a Dark Void cascaded out of Darkrai and cloaked me in an eternal darkness.

At first, all was black. Quiet. Even peaceful. Then, the screams started. I could make out countless Drifblim, Dusknoir, and Misgmagius glaring at me through the darkness. They glided towards me and began their assault. I screamed in anguish as they pierced my flesh and devoured my skin. Sobs of pain and agony escaped from me while choking upon my own blood. The laughing, mocking cries of Drifloon could be heard echoing in the distance.  

G6nvqfm.png

hello ign: samehada
Title : the experiment of einstein
Number or words : 868

-It was an important day in the life of professoreinstein the day he wanted to break all the rules known by trainers he spent over a year trying to  find a way to make pokemons even stronger to make them go beyond the maximaum level, he knew he had to try it on a pokemon and he knew that pokemon can die but he was presistant so he picked the pokemon that evryone hated: the children abducter and killer hypno.
he went to the cinnabar laboratory where he used to do his experiments and behind a closed door he had that hypno on a chair connected to wires he was eager to see the results of his experiment he pushed the big red botton and watched as his machine was doing what we can call madness ... 
Hypno started screaming and light came out of his mouth and eyes as if he was going to explode  then all the lights where shut and all what the professor could see was dark red eyes then he blacked out . 
He got back to his sences after a while he looked around it was dark but he could recognise the cinnabar mansion from the statuts planted all around the place he stood up trying to get out of there the door was blocked by a hostile arcanine reaching for his pokeballs he found that who ever took him to the mansion took also evrything he had he backed away from the door thinking of a way to get away without beeing attacked , while thinking he heard the arcanine push a screem of fear and run away behind him stood a hypno a black hypno with red scary eyes and sharp teeth he had a smirk on his face he stood before the professor and spoke with a very deep voice a voice " welcome my old master".
- you !!  You didnt die that means my experiment was a sucess .
A very loud laugh came then he heard the voice of hypno inside his mind 
- no i am dead but i am a ghost now you gave me power now i can rule over this world not only the kanto region .
Hypno raised his hand and the professor started feeling a very sharp pain inside his own head then he started loosing the feeling of his body and the voice came back again and said 
- i know you can hear me einstein i went through your mind and now i own you , your body will act just like i want from him and you will be awake to see it without beeing able to stop me . 

Hypno walked away and einstein found himself following him without any will they went into a hidden room where he saw a throne made of children skulls where the hypno rested then said 
- you will call evrybody for a 5v5 tournament in this mansion with all tiers i want to find the strongest trainers , they will be the last piece for me to rule over this world .
Einstein found himself again moving against his will went to the pc in the cinnabar center and called for all good players and promised them some good gifts , while inside his head he was screaming for help trying to fight the power of this monster he created but nothing could break the control of that monster . 
It was a few hours later that 16 teams from all 3 regions were united in the cinnabar mansion and the fighting started they were skilled they could easielly defeat the hypno if they worked together but there was no one to tell them of the danger that is threatening the whole world of pokemon , the tournament ended and the champion team was decided 
Tawla , gbwead , madarasixsix, luke and thedrakehope they defeated all teams and were able to prouve themselves worthy .
Einstein called them to empty their parties of pokemons to be able to carry the gifs he had for them
 Join him back in the mansion , since they knew einstein was a very good person no one doubted him and they did that each one of them carried one pokemon only to defend himself in the mansion and went back once they entred the door was shut behind them a song started playing for the ones who doesnt know it its called " the hypno lullby ".
Suddenly wild pokemons appeard and started attacking them it seemed that there was no end to them and the 5 champions were beaten they were not well equiped to fight back and from behind them appeard the dead hypno with the smirk On his face and they fell on the ground screaming he was going inside their minds just like he did with the professor soon they all became toys under the control of the hypno he called for einstein grabed his head and said 
- now your work is done 
And with his sharp claws crushed the head of the guy that evrybody loved ..
He turned around to the 5 guys standing and ordred them to travel together and beat all the trainers they can find and steal all the pokemons so he can have control over all the pokemons in the world .
Will there be anyone who can stop thoose 5 strong trainers ? 
Will there be hope or will the whole world become the playground of the monster created by einstein ? Who knows ...- [/spoiler]

ign: pachima

Title: Grieving Doll

Number of words: 1498

"Oh my! I did the best that I could..."

pachima got £3264 for winning!

I was happy back then. I had just logged on and defeated Lady Cindy, and it pleased me to watch my bank growing bigger. Soon after that I ventured myself into Petalburg woods. It was late night and the sky was pitched dark but I knew the low leveled pokemon lurking down there wouldn´t pose a problem to me. Oh how wrong I was!

I had forgotten my repels so, to reach the second rich trainer, I went through the grass. Suddenly, a wild wurmple fell down of a tree. But it didn´t attack, instead it was fast asleep and thus I had no issue bringing the level 1 Abra that was leading the party for its synchronize effect. After throwing the pokéball, there it was, my timid abra, who stared hesitantly at the wild bug a couple of levels above it. I giggled back then, but I knew these pokémons would wake up instantly as soon as I moved so, to save time, I looked for an item in this huge bag of mine. Inside it, I found what I wanted. A Poké Doll!

Swiftly then I threw it away and took my leave. Ahead, I turned back, finding the wild wurmple, which was now awoken, curious about this decoy. It was then that I felt my pokéball shivering, and I stopped to release it. From it Abra formed itself and I could notice how scared it was. I croached, reaching its height, and then I went to caress it, but as I approached, it recoiled.

"I apologize Abra" I said, my voice soothingly filling the otherwise uncanny silence, only interrupted by taillows sporadically chirping or rare slakoths yawning "I know you fear bug types, but I promise you they won´t come any closer to you”

I smiled, which was when I realized Abra wasn´t staring at me anymore. Following it, I found, behind me, the tiny wurmple unleashing its sting against the clefairy doll I had thrown away before. Closely, I noticed a thin veil of will-o-wisps surrounding the doll and it sure looked like it was glowing . Soon after, the little bug lost interest on it and I saw it crawling up the tree from where it fell down earlier.

Suddenly I felt colder, and briefly, the random noise was gone. I turned all around, watching the green leaves that never even twitched, and the chirps restarted once again. Relieved, I shrugged, turning at Abra.

"See? Wurmple is gone" I said, smiling.

I retreated it into the pokéball and proceeded, running. But soon I thought it would be faster and wiser to use the bike instead, which I did, retrieving it from only god-knows-where inside my bag.

Eventually I reached some fences, opening their way in the centre. Petalburg Woods ended there, and my npc target was just after that. But before I went through it, I found a trainer, whose steps I had been hearing louder and louder before then. For some seconds, I stared at her, as she ran around all too cheerfully, followed by her torchic, fainting the bugs they would encounter left and right. Her name was just above her head, but I had not heard of it before, so I assumed she was one of those new characters, and as I was reminded of my younger self, the nostalgia kicked in the back of my mind. It all seems meaningless now, though!

From there it all changed, and soon I perceived another sound, this constant whistling I had never listened to before, thus my smile vanished away. Frightened, I reached for my party, and albeit it was dark, Abra wouldn´t use flash for some reason. I shook my head disappointed. Either way, the exit was just right there and I couldn´t wait to leave what seemed to me a different Petalburg Woods.

However, I couldn´t move. Shortly after I sensed something behind me and my eyes went big, then I turned back. There, two balls ignited in red and a golden zip had just closed. I kept staring at it, but at some point it wasn´t there anymore.

Is Halloween event coming soon?” I asked in global.

Soon tm” was all I got. Still, I was amused at the idea of playing against giant pumpkings and unorthodox moves none of my Pokémon could learn, and all the money I would get from selling their bags into the Global Trade Link!

But this wasn´t it. I wasn´t aware of any earthquakes kicking lately, and if it was something global, hordes of players would already be here running around with their bikes and jajajaing everywhere. Whatever it was, I knew deep inside it was evil because I couldn´t yet stop shivering.

It was then that the wind burst against my face and the temperature dropped significantly. Thus I changed my angel wings and wore a scarf instead, but the cold still persisted.

I turned around, and much for my surprise, I realized I could move there. I turned back again, but even though its wheels would rotate, the bike itself wouldn´t. All of a sudden, a will-o-wisp floated around my head, and I could feel it burning inside me. So I ran away, venturing once more into the deep woods. I thought it was a pokémon but I didn´t want to stop to find out. Also, there was this eerie whispering in the back of my mind that I am still hearing right now. It made me run faster, but it wasn´t enough.

Avoiding the tall grass, I went right for the ledges, hopping over them. That was when I stopped, searching the bag and take out an ocarina out of it, to play it.

You cannot do that now.”

I jumped back startled as I heared this voice that I wasn´t expecting to hear thundering in my ears.

You won´t run away” the voiceless whisper turned understandable for the first time, coming from behind. But of course I ignored it, and without looking back, I kept running. Funnily enough I never got tired, but that didn´t matter much when I saw the entrance, where Lady Cindy would be just where she is all the time. The light there was brighter too, and I regained my hopes.

However, when I tried to leave the damn forest, I was rendered unmoving once more. I turned back, but I couldn´t move there too. I struggled to break free but the client didn´t respond. And as I yelled, all caps printed in the globat chat, the eerie aura approached and the whispering got louder and louder. I closed my eyes, but even there I would fall upon the deathly gaze. So I turned back, decided to face whatever was pursuiting me, only to have all my courage drained away after I realized I was under effects of Mean Look.

Its gold teeth grinning widely as the Pokémon shortened distance, slowly, too slowly. I opened the Pokédex and scanned whatever that was, and I found it was a Banette.

You shouldn´t be here” I stated, my hand readying itself in my pocket, to reach for a Pokéball.

But the golden teeth only grew wider and wilder, and that was when I realized my hands wouldn´t move either.

This is where I should be the most” it replied, coldly, closening distance.

Suddenly, it burst into speed and I fell into panic. I tried to contact my teammates but none were online. The ideas were running out, but there was one still left.

/unstuck

There was no respawn, though. Instead, Banette had gotten me in such a short timespan and I could feel its frozen touch reaching my soul. I sought for the air that was never enough and I am pretty sure I collapsed for the next thing I remember was staring the silverish moon glowing in this foggy dark sky. The burning eyes were there too, but it was all too fuzzy.

Now I wake up, and only now that I remember all I did while in the woods, I recheck Banette´s entry and it finally makes sense.

There is another presence near me, and I try to move my head, but oh god how painful it is. As I move it, I see Banette grinning and dancing around me. Now I see Abra, and it pains me to look at its sad stare.

L-leave if you can” I stutter, the words struggling to sound.

And obeying, it teleports away.

How typical” Banette whispers, its grin wider than ever “Just like you threw me away to rot under a poison sting, even your Pokémon throws you away when you need them the most”

It laughs. I cannot see it now, but it is unsettling. Even the freezing touch is gradually fading away. This might...

pachima has blacked out.

Banette grew to Lv.X!

5 hours ago, pachima said:

ign: pachima

Title: Grieving Doll

Number of words: 1498

Reveal hidden contents

"Oh my! I did the best that I could..."

pachima got £3264 for winning!

I was happy back then. I had just logged on and defeated Lady Cindy, and it pleased me to watch my bank growing bigger. Soon after that I ventured myself into Petalburg woods. It was late night and the sky was pitched dark but I knew the low leveled pokemon lurking down there wouldn´t pose a problem to me. Oh how wrong I was!

I had forgotten my repels so, to reach the second rich trainer, I went through the grass. Suddenly, a wild wurmple fell down of a tree. But it didn´t attack, instead it was fast asleep and thus I had no issue bringing the level 1 Abra that was leading the party for its synchronize effect. After throwing the pokéball, there it was, my timid abra, who stared hesitantly at the wild bug a couple of levels above it. I giggled back then, but I knew these pokémons would wake up instantly as soon as I moved so, to save time, I looked for an item in this huge bag of mine. Inside it, I found what I wanted. A Poké Doll!

Swiftly then I threw it away and took my leave. Ahead, I turned back, finding the wild wurmple, which was now awoken, curious about this decoy. It was then that I felt my pokéball shivering, and I stopped to release it. From it Abra formed itself and I could notice how scared it was. I croached, reaching its height, and then I went to caress it, but as I approached, it recoiled.

"I apologize Abra" I said, my voice soothingly filling the otherwise uncanny silence, only interrupted by taillows sporadically chirping or rare slakoths yawning "I know you fear bug types, but I promise you they won´t come any closer to you”

I smiled, which was when I realized Abra wasn´t staring at me anymore. Following it, I found, behind me, the tiny wurmple unleashing its sting against the clefairy doll I had thrown away before. Closely, I noticed a thin veil of will-o-wisps surrounding the doll and it sure looked like it was glowing . Soon after, the little bug lost interest on it and I saw it crawling up the tree from where it fell down earlier.

Suddenly I felt colder, and briefly, the random noise was gone. I turned all around, watching the green leaves that never even twitched, and the chirps restarted once again. Relieved, I shrugged, turning at Abra.

"See? Wurmple is gone" I said, smiling.

I retreated it into the pokéball and proceeded, running. But soon I thought it would be faster and wiser to use the bike instead, which I did, retrieving it from only god-knows-where inside my bag.

Eventually I reached some fences, opening their way in the centre. Petalburg Woods ended there, and my npc target was just after that. But before I went through it, I found a trainer, whose steps I had been hearing louder and louder before then. For some seconds, I stared at her, as she ran around all too cheerfully, followed by her torchic, fainting the bugs they would encounter left and right. Her name was just above her head, but I had not heard of it before, so I assumed she was one of those new characters, and as I was reminded of my younger self, the nostalgia kicked in the back of my mind. It all seems meaningless now, though!

From there it all changed, and soon I perceived another sound, this constant whistling I had never listened to before, thus my smile vanished away. Frightened, I reached for my party, and albeit it was dark, Abra wouldn´t use flash for some reason. I shook my head disappointed. Either way, the exit was just right there and I couldn´t wait to leave what seemed to me a different Petalburg Woods.

However, I couldn´t move. Shortly after I sensed something behind me and my eyes went big, then I turned back. There, two balls ignited in red and a golden zip had just closed. I kept staring at it, but at some point it wasn´t there anymore.

Is Halloween event coming soon?” I asked in global.

Soon tm” was all I got. Still, I was amused at the idea of playing against giant pumpkings and unorthodox moves none of my Pokémon could learn, and all the money I would get from selling their bags into the Global Trade Link!

But this wasn´t it. I wasn´t aware of any earthquakes kicking lately, and if it was something global, hordes of players would already be here running around with their bikes and jajajaing everywhere. Whatever it was, I knew deep inside it was evil because I couldn´t yet stop shivering.

It was then that the wind burst against my face and the temperature dropped significantly. Thus I changed my angel wings and wore a scarf instead, but the cold still persisted.

I turned around, and much for my surprise, I realized I could move there. I turned back again, but even though its wheels would rotate, the bike itself wouldn´t. All of a sudden, a will-o-wisp floated around my head, and I could feel it burning inside me. So I ran away, venturing once more into the deep woods. I thought it was a pokémon but I didn´t want to stop to find out. Also, there was this eerie whispering in the back of my mind that I am still hearing right now. It made me run faster, but it wasn´t enough.

Avoiding the tall grass, I went right for the ledges, hopping over them. That was when I stopped, searching the bag and take out an ocarina out of it, to play it.

You cannot do that now.”

I jumped back startled as I heared this voice that I wasn´t expecting to hear thundering in my ears.

You won´t run away” the voiceless whisper turned understandable for the first time, coming from behind. But of course I ignored it, and without looking back, I kept running. Funnily enough I never got tired, but that didn´t matter much when I saw the entrance, where Lady Cindy would be just where she is all the time. The light there was brighter too, and I regained my hopes.

However, when I tried to leave the damn forest, I was rendered unmoving once more. I turned back, but I couldn´t move there too. I struggled to break free but the client didn´t respond. And as I yelled, all caps printed in the globat chat, the eerie aura approached and the whispering got louder and louder. I closed my eyes, but even there I would fall upon the deathly gaze. So I turned back, decided to face whatever was pursuiting me, only to have all my courage drained away after I realized I was under effects of Mean Look.

Its gold teeth grinning widely as the Pokémon shortened distance, slowly, too slowly. I opened the Pokédex and scanned whatever that was, and I found it was a Banette.

You shouldn´t be here” I stated, my hand readying itself in my pocket, to reach for a Pokéball.

But the golden teeth only grew wider and wilder, and that was when I realized my hands wouldn´t move either.

This is where I should be the most” it replied, coldly, closening distance.

Suddenly, it burst into speed and I fell into panic. I tried to contact my teammates but none were online. The ideas were running out, but there was one still left.

/unstuck

There was no respawn, though. Instead, Banette had gotten me in such a short timespan and I could feel its frozen touch reaching my soul. I sought for the air that was never enough and I am pretty sure I collapsed for the next thing I remember was staring the silverish moon glowing in this foggy dark sky. The burning eyes were there too, but it was all too fuzzy.

Now I wake up, and only now that I remember all I did while in the woods, I recheck Banette´s entry and it finally makes sense.

There is another presence near me, and I try to move my head, but oh god how painful it is. As I move it, I see Banette grinning and dancing around me. Now I see Abra, and it pains me to look at its sad stare.

L-leave if you can” I stutter, the words struggling to sound.

And obeying, it teleports away.

How typical” Banette whispers, its grin wider than ever “Just like you threw me away to rot under a poison sting, even your Pokémon throws you away when you need them the most”

It laughs. I cannot see it now, but it is unsettling. Even the freezing touch is gradually fading away. This might...

pachima has blacked out.

Banette grew to Lv.X!

I’m upset this has nothing to do with the shiny rate

IGN: Akshit

Title: The Butcher's Curse

Number of Words: 1492

'lol you're too poor to afford it, later peasant'
You have blocked 'peasant' with the reason "Too poor".

Seemed like just another day of PokeMMO to me, blocking yet another random player after he wouldn't stop lowballing my vanity items, and then resolving to use of cuss words and insults after I turn down his offer.

As time went by, I found myself turning down fair offers as well.
Pokeyen, shiny, vanity items or even offers of nudes meant little to me now, I had developed a taste for something rather niche, OT Shiny Piloswines.
After years of nothing catching my interest, these golden hair swines triggered feelings in me that I'm incapable of explaining in words.

When I caught my first, it was like tasting blood for the first time. I wanted more, and so the hunt began.
I ended up spending thousands of hours in Giant Chasm, summoning hordes of swines and letting my lvl.100 Teddiursa murder them mercilessly.
The loud voice would burst their ear drums, exploding their veins, and they would instantly fall to their death, dropping whatever valuables that they were holding and Teddi would pick them up for me.

'You murderer ! Why not run away from the horde if they aren't shiny ?', many would ask.
And I would just lie that I'm leveling up something, cause if they knew the truth, it would make things much worse.

At one point they did serve purpose of me leveling up pokemons, but now their death was nothing more than my hunt for their Shiny version. I started killing them simply because of the disappointment of them not being shiny. This went on for weeks, sometimes I would find a shiny, but mostly I would be leaving behind corpses of thousands of dead swines... and it started to seem like a waste to me, I wanted to put their death to good use. I was pondering about a solution and it presented itself one day when a friend told me about the world of gourmets and how some folks have developed a taste for pokemon meat. Due to it being illegal in most regions, their prices have skyrocket. While some would engage in the meat simply cause of the flavor, many would also partake in it's consumption due to them having extraordinary amino acids and protein which any gym brah would appreciate to build nice and toned muscles. Due to the high quality of it, and risk involved in it's procurement, the prices were beyond what a normal player could afford, but luckily for me I knew the right people who would pay the right amount for it.

I knew that even if I were to escape the authorities and vegans, my own pokemons would revolt if they found out their own trainer was engaging in meat consumption of pokemons... so now, while Teddi was busy looking for items or killing more of them, I would secretly bag the piloswines while they were still fresh. One time Teddi almost saw me with blood on my gloves, but luckily I'm always wearing red, and wiped it off in my Santa Suit:
jNZZ854.png

I ended up making a huge fortune, though I was not doing it for the cash anymore, I had developed a taste for them myself, my muscles were growing nicely, and I caught 7 shiny ones as well. It was all working out great, and soon I took a small break from my activities.

Returning back after months during Halloween break, my clientele was hungry; they were unable to find another supply of Piloswine meat after I was gone.
So there I was again, on my way to the other side of Giant Chasm, when I encountered a Delibird. They are a rare encounter inside the cave and I usually only see them around Christmas season... So instead of ordering Teddi to instantly kill it, I got busy in thought; if I should catch it, kill it, or run away and let it live..... But at the same time, I also started wondering what this rare red bird tastes like.

While I was busy in my thoughts, my Teddi had sparkled a conversation with Delibird:

'Hey bird, isn't it too early for you to show up ? It's not Christmas yet.'
'*sobbing with broken voice* Please help me Teddi, I'm hurt bad, got lost on my way while carrying gifts for children to Santa...
*looking at me with hurt swollen eyes in my Santa Suit* But I see he came to rescue me, I knew he wouldn't abandoned me... I'm so happy *sobbing intensifies*'

I was done thinking, I knew what had to be done, if I didn't taste this rare red bird, the curiosity would bug me forever, "Teddi use Hyper Voice!'
Teddi seemed a bit hesitant this time and looked at me again to make sure, I nodded to confirm... and he did what he was built to do, murder.

While I secretly bagged the bird, Teddi found a bag of gifts, they contained toys for kids, etc which wasn't my thing so I kicked it aside, gave Teddi a bag of Leppa Berries and told him to go ahead & kill all non Shiny Piloswines he can find, he was so good at it now that he didn't even need my supervision.

In the meantime, I snuck away inside the cave and got busy cooking the bird; Put it in a boiling pot, mixed some EnergyPowder, the smell was already driving me insane. What I didn't realize was that it was STILL ALIVE, Teddi had been merciful it seemed, sadly he didn't know I had other plans.

Delibird became conscious; being cooked alive, it looked at me through it's swollen eyes, horrorstruck!
'You're not Santa, what are you doing, OH MY ARCUES !! You monster! I curse you Butcher ! To suffer the same fate as me! I curse you !!!!',
It screamed while crying with excruciating pain with its last breath. 

Giant Chasm Cave is considered to be one of the most spookiest places in Unova, especially at night... Which is why it was the perfect spot for me to cook, cause I knew no trainer would come here, not even Officer Jenny. While most people were spooked, it was like a home to me. I was busy scrolling through my PalPad when I heard 'Delibird' a few times coming from the pot, couldn't be, probably my imagination, so I ignored it. Soon the bird was ready, I devoured it down to the bone, the taste was amazing, and I had my fill. After resting a bit I got out to see what Teddi was doing.

As I came out of the cave, Teddi suddenly stopped his slaughter, both him and the Piloswine he was fighting, started staring at me. So did bunch of other pokemons that were around. And to my surprise, there was another trainer farming Piloswine hordes too. I tried to ignore him and told Teddi to move to a different patch of grass where we wouldn't be seen and carry on with what he was doing. Suddenly the other trainer spoke:

'Hey man, nice outfit, it is time limited ? How much would you sell it for ?'
'Not for sale, and yeah it's time limited, you probably can't afford it anyway.'
"Whatever, PIG.'

Seemed like he to wanted to say more, but I though they were just going to be insults so I blocked the guy and moved on. It soon got dark, the guy left and Teddi was tired. Now was the time for me to get to work, I started bagging all the fresh piloswines that were lying around. While I was doing so, bunch of piloswines showed up and started sitting next to me, they were all very friendly to me for some reason. Maybe this was their way of begging me to stop their slaughter or maybe it was something else... but I was not moved, I had a delivery to make while it was fresh, & no one likes stale meat.

My clientele seemed more excited than usual when I showed up with the Piloswines to the gourmet gathering.
I took it as a good sign, collected my pay and was about to leave but the doors wouldn't open.

'Where do you think you're going ?', is the last thing I heard as something blunt hit me on the head and I fell unconscious.

I woke up in a dark room, it was hot and seemed to have black walls with glass on one side... I knew this place too well. I had put down many Piloswines in here before.... I was inside the main oven. But what am I doing here ? Suddenly the fires started, it was all happening too quick for me to understand what was going on... I was panicking, but as I looked at my own reflection in the glass before my last breath, it all made sense:

V0eJrZB.jpg

Edited by Akshit
Spoiler

The black night began pushing the sun beneath the ships and past the sea. The shadows retreated making way for the darkness and all her subjects.  She flooded the little port town, centered in kanto, Extinguishing its light. What followed in her wake was a pale yellow figure with a horrible snare and a nose so crooked and large it cast a shadow on half of its face. Its hands were long, pointed and wrapped all the way around a silver pendulum whose engravings had faded from the excessive polishing.  He started walking down the street, the moon like a spotlight on his back.  He gave a large smile that caused his nostrils to flare up. His pointed fingers like daggers across the mail box making the metal screech in pain.

Upon arriving on the grass of an old fashioned home a strange melody began to play, like a tiny ballerina performing her routine on a grand piano. It began to become more intense and fast paced as the hypno approached the ebony door. He reached out to the bronze handle reflecting his sinister smile.  His fingers twisting as he creeps the door open, Squeezing his way through the tiny gap. The melody suddenly stopped, and there was not a sound to be heard. Even the Night herself was speechless.  The Hypno lurked around the dark house before snapping his head to sound of a baby’s cries. He stared intently into the darkness, turning his head to the right and licking his top lip. He followed the sound like a snake to a pungi.

Five moist fingers curled slowly around the frame of the cradle. The hysteric baby became silent as she gazed into the wide lifeless pupils of the hypno. He met her gaze and dropped down a silver pendulum and began to swing it, with each flash of the hypnotizing metal she became more and more immobile till she was completely limp.

The sweaty palms grabbed her waist pulling the soft tissue towards his face, his grin revealing rows of pointy golden teeth. Her eyes watered up and screamed pain and helplessness. She looked down as the sharp incisors began ripping through flesh and crunching through bone. All the little babe wanted to do was cry out in pain but could do nothing but stare at the monster and his flesh filled smile.

IGN: Youngphats

Title: ♩ Hush little baby ♩

Words: 395

(it's a little dark, just a warning)

Edited by goliathmalet
7 hours ago, Gilan said:

Friendly reminder that there are only 5 more days to submit your entry.

4 more days for Stephen King's style of writing. How am I going to sleep at night?

In all seriousness, good luck to all the contestants for their entrees.

Spoiler

As of the time of me writing this, it was October 27th.

Spoiler

A trainer and his companion journey through the region in search for the 8 badges. Upon landing his 8th badge he got his pokemon to reach a high level. Excited to face off the Elite four, the trainer was not ready for what was about to come.

The elite four was a strange place to be in these times, the building felt cold (blizzard). Feeling like you are being watched as you walk down to the poke-center (Kecleons). You noticed something odd about the lady... after healing his pokemon the trainer said "thanks!" and walked away.

He felt something was odd, the lady behind the pc did not say one word. As he walked away she morphed back into a ditto, excited for becoming the champ was not aware of the ditto.

The trainer fought fiercely with the elite trainers, however the status effect of "confusion", "hypnosis", and "water pulse" was overwhelming.

Our trainer was now on 1v1 with the champion of the elites, he manages to water pulse the trainer one last time leaving his pokemon at 6 hp, trainer excited as his razor blade leaf lands the final blow.  The champion congratulates the trainer and takes him to the final room, the machine starts emitting a noise "beep". "what was that?" said the ex champion. (the last water pulse made the Pokemon and trainers bond confusing both)

Everything was feeling out of place. He won but at what cost?

The trainer wakes up in his bed at pallet town "!!!". Remembering that he was now the champion of the elite four he rushed back to the building, upon arriving the lady behind the pc was no longer a lady but a ditto, the Kecleons now visible. "whats going on?"-trainer. He runs into the building and notices the elite trainers were no longer there, instead a small rip tombstone appeared at the last place they battled there was haunters and Ghastlys roaming the building. Upon feeling scared he flew back to his house.... his mom was also not home, his fellow companion Sceptile was also gone... He received calls from trainers wanting a rematch, upon arriving no one was there..... 

Title- Trainers and Halloween at the elite four

Ign-kifflom

word count- 360? -not sure

Edited by Kifflom
Spoiler