Halloween Event Vanities

Lysergico

Question

11 answers to this question

I don't like this as it would decrease the value of these items. Since they would be easy enough "for new players to get" it would decrease the value by a significant amount and cause them to become obsolete in price comparatively. Any long grind and or investment would be thrown out of the window. No thanks. 

Edited by Etozuri
5 minutes ago, Etozuri said:

I don't like this as it would decrease the value of these items. Since they would be easy enough "for new players to get" it would decrease the value by a significant amount and cause them to become obsolete in price comparatively. Any long grind and or investment would be thrown out of the window. No thanks. 

I don't see that like something negative for the market environment, that inflation it's kind of ruining some diversity or possibilities btw. Besides it should be able for a week and no more like that.

Edited by Lysergico

I agree, that overall it wouldn't have a significant effect on the market however that is only because they are just some vanity items. However these items rose in price not just because of inflation but mainly because of supply and demand. Because of the limited supply, these items have the value that they currently have. By making it so essentially any new-ish player can obtain them you are just throwing the value out the window. How would you like if as an experienced player you bought one of these items. These items cost many millions and suddenly everyone has it and the price has dropped significantly into the dirt.

I don't think that letting some new-ish players have some older vanities when there are new vanities being released quite often warrants the loyal and experienced players losing a significant amount of money - quite possible hundreds of millions. 

Well, it is a lot of ways to do that special event possible without affecting the value of that items so hard, it's about taking some measures like random obtainables, limited time, limited buys per player, and so. I know some people will think "hey, hold on, i grinded a lot to get that item" but it will not take the value to the dirt, just low a lil bit some extremely high prices and make it more reachable for people who is grinding right now. I know how offer and demand works, but come on, taking the appropiate measures it shouldn't be a problem.

8 hours ago, Etozuri said:

If you were here a almost at the start of the year Devs said that past halloween even items would be coming back in the near future.

Idk if they changed plans but that was back at the start of the year in some random thread.

23 minutes ago, Takens said:

If you were here a almost at the start of the year Devs said that past halloween even items would be coming back in the near future.

Idk if they changed plans but that was back at the start of the year in some random thread.

Only items we designated as seasonal could come back not limited but there always the possibility of new limited items coming out in future time or re-releasing a seasonal item from the past.

1 hour ago, Squirtle said:

Only items we designated as seasonal could come back not limited but there always the possibility of new limited items coming out in future time or re-releasing a seasonal item from the past.

Yikes