If Johto is not planned what can we expect ?

Everything is in the title. Johto is my favourite region, and i don't understand not implementing it as a priority considering we have other region that came after already in the game, but passing on the disappointment & deception i had knowing i won't be doing Johto (started the game back when only Kanto was there, and now come back after many years with some friends)

I was wondering what can we expect to get from the game ? I heard Johto should've been here years ago, i feel like i'm playing a game with holes in it now D:

1 hour ago, Raichuforyou said:

Squirtle has previously mentioned that Johto has never been confirmed or deconfirmed (as most hypothetical ideas for this game go). Rather what is a planned part of development at the moment is Dungeons, and ways to obtain hidden abilities. Please wait patiently going on into the future if any information gets released on this topic.

i thought the priority was sinnoh and then dungeons, @Darkshade answers go go go!

From what i read from admins.They added gen3 kanto fire red when pokemmo started.Then adding hoenn gen3 emerald  next was easier since it was fundamentally the same game(gen3 game).

They said they wanted to get gen5 unova working first and then add gen 4 games.

i might be wrong but i think i saw them say dungeons was a priority before sinnoh but it obviously was changed.

They will probly add gen4 johto in the future but its not a priority from what they said recently.

My opinion i would much more like to see the 3 seasonal events we have right now continue in autumn winter and spring.

And add a summer seasonal event as a priority even tho i saw an admin say 3 seasonal events are alredy more than they would like to have 8(

Those events are the most fun content i enjoyed in this great game.

Edited by MightyBoxer

The reasoning to skipping johto is pretty simple.  Adding new regions to the game is hard work, and it makes sense for devs to want to maximize what you get from what is added.

Think about itm

Besides the region itself, Emerald gave us a way to capture all the 3rd gen pokemon that cannot be normally caught in fire red.  Unova gave us 5th gen pokemon, some 4th gen, and all the items  and abilities up to that gen. By adding Sinnoh, we'll finally get a way to capture the 4th gen pokemon that are missing, and you'll effectively the complete assets that existed up the 5th gen.

Johto by comparison doesn't add much. Right now, you can already catch all the 2nd gen pokemon in fire red.  Nearly all the moves and items are already in game because of Unova. Soul silver would mainly just add more plot, and areas to walk through, but thats about it. 

It's  not that they'll  never do it, but that theres other additions that give "more bang for the buck" or solve bigger needs for the game.

On 10/7/2019 at 6:31 PM, TroubleMakeer said:

Everything is in the title. Johto is my favourite region, and i don't understand not implementing it as a priority considering we have other region that came after already in the game, but passing on the disappointment & deception i had knowing i won't be doing Johto (started the game back when only Kanto was there, and now come back after many years with some friends)

I was wondering what can we expect to get from the game ? I heard Johto should've been here years ago, i feel like i'm playing a game with holes in it now D:

Why do we need Johto? The starters can be caught at the Hoenn safari.

On 10/9/2019 at 3:39 AM, hannahtaylor said:

347ab2d7812948590d2192d3aa9d0e97.png

I want to clarify the comment being referenced just so we are all clear. We are not confirming nor denying the potential of Johto in the future or any other features that have been brought up in the past. The only certainty is we are currently working on the Sinnoh region and will be releasing it when it is ready. After complete and we allow for time for bugs to arise and be fixed we will re-assess our priorities on what to work on next.

15 minutes ago, Squirtle said:

I want to clarify the comment being referenced just so we are all clear. We are not confirming nor denying the potential of Johto in the future or any other features that have been brought up in the past. The only certainty is we are currently working on the Sinnoh region and will be releasing it when it is ready. After complete and we allow for time for bugs to arise and be fixed we will re-assess our priorities on what to work on next.

Thank you for the feedback sir. Don't listen to the trolls on here, this is your game. Besides who needs Johto anyways, we can catch the starters at the Hoenn Safari.

Expectations on open source software designer are usually allowed to behave proportional to the grade of donations (to amplify/motivate). 

Maybe that helps! 

Have fun! 

(nope, iam not part of this development team) 

Edited by ab90